any body like dirty electric music?

MR E

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jungle is still hip??

i always considered drum'n'bass to be the bastard child of jungle.

alot of jungle always had gayass female crooning over shit..which i always despised and the big purveyors of that were pretty elitist and close-minded to all the wicked developments going on right under their noses.

drum'n'bass on the other hand was more expimental and that's where you got all the

interesting developments from loads of people in their bedrooms making fucked up

and interesting shit. too many to list...but.....yea...i haven't listened to shit for years..

ahh man, you got me going back through my records and stuff...

this originally came out on the hidden camera ep..i remember me and some buddies flipping out pretty good over this tune. not sure whatever happened to him, he seemed to be a fucking megastar for awhile, then faded. after his 2 swords technique i lost interest..too repetitive and not enough melody..

whatever, this brings back good memories. crank it on a nice stereo, dude has impeccable production:

KJZ-Photek

been looking for a tagteam duo called "neophyte" from the d.c area ..they had a few mixed tapes out and i bought them ..but lost them in a fire..they came out around 99 -2k

http://www.btinternet.com/~stigeon/junglebreaks/breaks.html

near definitive descrption of the origen of the majority of dnb breaks

i'm leaning torward broken beat, glitch and breakcore nowadays

i like grime and 2step though but i dont know much about it

Originally posted by Herbivore@Feb 15 2006, 03:54 PM

Anyone else ever hear of a drum-n-bass DJ called Pilgrim? He played some real evil sounding shit... I loved it.

Never heard of him. Where can I find it?

The really apocalyptic evil shit is pretty much all I'll listen to of dnb. A friend of mine made a mix and called it "Music to be ass-raped by."

Some of my favorite DJs and producers are Tech Itch, Dylan, Dieselboy (this is a love hate thing, though), Eye-D, Black Sun Empire, Hive, Gridlock, Stakka (when he's playing evil shit)... etc etc...

Later I'll drop you guys some mixes including both Killabytes albums...

Originally posted by MOOGLE?@Feb 15 2006, 05:13 PM

holler^ at meh on teh mehspace fer teh joo sendit f0r

jeh

and i also got some brazillian ish...but i dunno if the joosendit werks..

for the people i sent it too

I don't know your myspace. mine is here. I could have sworn I had that album, but after looking at the tracklisting, I'm not sure I do.

You can also hit me up on soulseek under the same name (which might be easier), but most of my dnb is already burned and I'd have to save it to the computer again...

*edit: Dieselboy - Studio Mix 2005

I dig JUNGLE

...obnoxious hipsters call it "drum and bass"

Well thats just silly.

Theres a big difference between jungle and drum n bass. Dont be too keen to blame 'hipsters' whatever the fuck they are (Trendy cunts i expect)

And to the guy who asked about Neophyte, he/they (not sure if its more than one person?) did a joint mix Cd on the latest bonkers album. Bonkers 15 - Legends Of the Core

http://www.bonkers15.co.uk/

Hardcore.Til.I.Die

Originally posted by BURLAP@Feb 15 2006, 09:29 PM

jungle is still hip??

i always considered drum'n'bass to be the bastard child of jungle.

alot of jungle always had gayass female crooning over shit..

how is it gay to listen to a beautiful female voice over some dope jungle beats?

I prefer that stuff to all this bullshit minimalist techno trying to pass itself off as "drum and bass".

heads know the DannyJ and Matrix remix of Insatiable is the fucking JUMP OFF!!!!

Racing Green by High Contrast is illllll too.