Anxiety

GucciCondom

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I've never heard of anyone being diagnosed with just "anxiety". Maybe social anxiety disorder or generalized anxiety disorder, but not just that. Anyway, here is a step by step outline of what's going to happen to you from this point on:

1) The doctor will prescribe you with a benzodiazepine, probably Xanax or Klonopin.

2) Do you get addicted to things easily? Are you able to regulate your intake of substances? If not, skip to step 5.

3) You take the xanax for around 3-7 months as prescribed.

4) The xanax quits working due to tolerance. Skip to 6.

5) You take the xanax almost constantly for recreation and get lots of refills.

6) By this point you've developed a physical addiction.

7) You either realize this is a problem and quit taking the drugs, or continue. Skip to step 10 if you quit.

7) Your doctor increases your dose because your anxiety is no longer being managed by the .5mg 2x a day he originally prescribed. He increases your dosage to 1mg 2x a day and then to 2mg.

8) The very high doses quit doing enough to you, and you find yourself having more anxiety than when you started.

9) Do you trust your doctor anymore? (The only answer to this is no)

10) You go into severe physical withdrawl, most likely having a seizure or two. The withdrawl is horrible and lasts about 3 weeks.

11) There are more steps but none are much easier. Welcome to flavor country.

^^sounds nice..:rolleyes:

yeah I didn't really talk to him that much..right now I guess its social anxiety because it only happens when I am around large groups of people..its not that I get like shady or somethin I just start getting really frustrated with everyone and then the longer the period of time spent there the more I get heated. After about 45 minutes I start getting all uncomfortable and anxious to leave..and everything people do starts getting to me even their clothes or how they talk or laugh or whatever but at that point I'm about ready to beat someones ass.

I believe i have some sort of anxiety/depression but refuse to go to the doctor for it b/c i know they'd just pump me full of drugs. It just seems wrong, how everyone these days is on some kind of anti-depressent.

Doesn't that say something about our society, how we live? The US is a very cold, materialistic, empty place. No wonder so many people have problems.

I believe the root to most (not all) problems have a link to dysfunctional families.

Whereas social anxiety is concerned, I believe I have a healthy dose. I hate being forced to meet new people, I hate being in crowds...people either start annoying me b/c their so loud or obnoxious or I'm sickened by the amount of superficiality in conversations.

I've hated nearly every job i've had b/c they involve customer service and I'm not good at being super nice to people. I do tasks well, assignments....but when it comes to helping people, as bad as it sounds, they just piss me off for the smallest reasons.

So every week i spend 40 hrs at a job i hate (a good portion of my time), dreading the coming day, knowing life could be better than this and getting pissed off b/c of that fact.

Originally posted by GnomeToys

I've never heard of anyone being diagnosed with just "anxiety". Maybe social anxiety disorder or generalized anxiety disorder, but not just that. Anyway, here is a step by step outline of what's going to happen to you from this point on:

1) The doctor will prescribe you with a benzodiazepine, probably Xanax or Klonopin.

2) Do you get addicted to things easily? Are you able to regulate your intake of substances? If not, skip to step 5.

7) You either realize this is a problem and quit taking the drugs, or continue. Skip to step 10 if you quit.

7) Your doctor increases your dose because your anxiety is no longer being managed by the .5mg 2x a day he originally prescribed. He increases your dosage to 1mg 2x a day and then to 2mg.

8) The very high doses quit doing enough to you, and you find yourself having more anxiety than when you started.

10) You go into severe physical withdrawl, most likely having a seizure or two. The withdrawl is horrible and lasts about 3 weeks.

this was funny as hell ! more so cuz its true.

my girl has had anxiety issues all her life. has tried a few drugs and shit. nothing is a permenent fix for this. its something you take the time to controll, or learn to identify it to try and ignore issues caused by it. recently my girl went to the doctor to ask for a referal to a shrink to talk about the issues, no referal ... just xanax and a few other drugs to try. bullshit !!!

its so sad that our culture in the US is so fucked. we are so into instant gratification that we hate taking time fix things the right way. if there is a quick fix ... take that fucking pill man !!!

therapy can take many years and tens of thousands of dollars

without being able to guarantee a 'cure'. You know that the medical

profession is all about 'band-aid' fixes. Sore back? Take these drugs.

Tired eyes? Buy these drops and these vitamins. A serious mental

disorder? We've got drugs for that too!

hell...

Cant get a boner? Pop these pills.

I mean really...

If you cant get it up because of the 1000+ factors

(diet, weight, stress, blood pressure etc etc)

then work on fixing that before you worry about humping.

xanax does not crap out on everyone after 6 months. there are plenty of people who have taken it for ten+ years without substantially raising their dosage.

are they physically dependent upon it? maybe, but the majority of people that have experienced severe anxiety/panic attacks would gladly exchange physical dependency over near schizophrenic levels of instability.

klonopin is not a benzo and has shown far fewer side effects, far less addictive properties, and is proven to be just as effective.

your timeline was correct for some people, and even more than being correct, it was a good portrayel of the frustration involved, but to act like it stands as truth for everyone is not fair.

but thats just me.

Guest BROWNer

i'm pretty sure i've had numerous anxiety attacks, most

in my late teens/early 20's..

one minute i'm chatting with somebody, next i'm feeling

trapped, wide eyed and sweaty as chris farley's bun slice.

it rarely happens, but when it does it stinksz. .

i used to get anxiety atacks when i was real stressed out...some times i would sort of "wake up" walking around in an entire city away from my house at two in the morning....funfunfun!!!..nothing a few beers ownt cure though right?....right?...

Originally posted by Devilush

i hadnt been formally diagnosed with it. but i think i had it earlier this year. i thought i was depression but my aunt who is a doctor, says it might be anxiety instead. but she doesnt count because she is far away and she is a twat doctor.

Do you mean a gynocologist? Or is she a twat and a doctor? I'm confused...

yeah I didn't really talk to him that much..right now I guess its social anxiety because it only happens when I am around large groups of people..its not that I get like shady or somethin I just start getting really frustrated with everyone and then the longer the period of time spent there the more I get heated. After about 45 minutes I start getting all uncomfortable and anxious to leave..and everything people do starts getting to me even their clothes or how they talk or laugh or whatever but at that point I'm about ready to beat someones ass.

Doesn't that happen to everybody? That shit happens to me all the time, I just thought I was easily irritated. They may just give you prozac, who knows, I'd rather just smoke a joint or some such...

Thats it

• 5 years later...

this is soooooo fucking true. i was diagnosed with depression and anxiety 7 years ago and ive been on and off xanax. as for people who say its not physically addictive, thats soo wrong. i took it for 3 years and then got locked up and i had withdrawls so bad i had my first siezure. it was horrible, but i get panick attacks so here i am again, hooked on that shit. guess ill go take another one

old thread is old.

but anti-depressants can work without all the fucked up side effects that benzos have. also seroquel is a fairly low dosage helps a lot with panic attacks.

and for those who have had horrific panic attacks, xanax addiction is something not so bad.

Archived