1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Anti depressants..

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by imported_sofarok, Apr 1, 2002.

1. Anti depressants..

Discussion started by imported_sofarok - Apr 1, 2002

I got put on Citalopram ( Cipramil) last summer, I started out on 20mg a day but even after the initial nauseous period I still felt a bit ‘out of sorts’ plus instead of having a few good days followed by a week or to of self mutilation and enforced bedroom hibernation I got these crazy mood swing where I would go from positive and stable to grizleing wreck with in minutes. To counteract this they put me on a higher dosage (60mg). Ive been at that dosage for a while now but so far ive had theses three hardcore panic attacks, I just completely loose the will to live and go crazy for a few days, then I sort of sober up and sleep loads… any one else on here medicated? I know tons of friends who are on similar pills and quite a few are on the same stuff as me.
    :(

2. colder

colder 12oz Member

colder - Replied Apr 1, 2002

crush them up and snort em.

colder - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  3. chaos is me

chaos is me New Jack

chaos is me - Replied Apr 1, 2002

ive been on a few different meds and wasn't a big fan of any, all i am on right now is paxil, but it seems to be helping..i think leveling out the anxiety tends to work out my mood swings and depression.. i would only say that there are plenty of meds in the family of anti depressants that can be tried, and the positive effects are similiar, but others may not have those side effects. most doctors tend to make me a guinea pig for finding one, and it sucks, but i think its worth it if you think the meds are necessary/worth taking..

good luck with it though

chaos is me - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  4. aederone

aederone 12oz Member

aederone - Replied Apr 1, 2002

aederone - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  5. iCEBERG

iCEBERG 12oz Senior Member

iCEBERG - Replied Apr 1, 2002

you rooks an your problems

iCEBERG - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  6. seven.13

seven.13 Dirty Dozen Crew

seven.13 - Replied Apr 1, 2002

Ew dont snort anti depressants..they taste fouuuul.

I hope you find something that works...

seven.13 - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  7. greedy mars

greedy mars Guest

greedy mars - Replied Apr 1, 2002

im a rookie.i have problems... tue would know

8. FreeDaddy

FreeDaddy Guest

FreeDaddy - Replied Apr 1, 2002

sofa , i went through most of what your describing on Serzone. Im in between doctors until next week after wasting 9 of em being more depressed on the meds than before I started taking them. Thing is I'm losing hope after hearing a couple of stories from people that went through the same shit for a while to no evail. the doctor told me he's confident i'll be alright and its all a matter of finding something that works for me. if anybody around these parts has had any success on any specific meds, i'd really appreciate some info.

9. Vanity

Vanity 12oz Veteran Member

Vanity - Replied Apr 1, 2002

they wish man... there's too many people out there that are on em, and dont really improve.. they're always moody..fuck that.. i'd rather be stable.

unless you're suicidal.... i'd suggest not to take em.. if you are, id suggest shock therapy.

Vanity - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  10. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie 12oz Elite Member

vinyl junkie - Replied Apr 1, 2002

i've had doctors tell me i should be on them, but everytime i've tried it's just been worthless... personally, i'd rather be depressed and shit than be fucked up and drooling (which is usually the point i need to get to before thet start actually keeping me in a good mood...) no fun...

vinyl junkie - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  11. optimodub

optimodub 12oz Junior Member

optimodub - Replied Apr 1, 2002

i guess you're in your mid-twenties as it's common as hell now for shit like that to happen right around that time, i know a frightening number who've flaky at that age, so join the club man, i was prescribed cipramil and after taking only a few had serious insomnia so thought fuck it i'll try something else which was st.johns wort and also started yoga & meditation which helped a whole lot, but my trouble was anxiety rather than full-on depression...but eitherway i'd seriously recommend yoga and/or meditation...

'Bitter Pill
    A reader prescribed Propranolol by his doctor was stuck by the long list of possible side-effects on the leaflet which accompanied the tablets.
    These potential complications include breathlessness or wheezing, dizziness or fainting, dry eyes, skin troubles such as rashes or itching, unexplained allergic reactions, heart problems (such as heart failure and heart block), a very slow heart rate, low blood pressure, poor circulation, blood disorders (often characterised by pallor, fever, unusual bleeding or unexplained bruising), pain in the calf muscles, nightmares, visual distyrbances, mood changes, cold or numb fingers or toes, feeling or being sick, diarrhoea, pins-and-needles, tiredness and insomnia, severe mental problems, and hair loss.
    The medicine had been prescribed to alleviate the patient's feelings of anxiety.'

anyway, good luck :mexican:

optimodub - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  12. optimodub

optimodub 12oz Junior Member

optimodub - Replied Apr 1, 2002

oh yeah, nearly forgot this little gem...
    'you rooks an your problems'
    not really the post for patronising people fuckwit

optimodub - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  13. imported_sofarok - Replied Apr 1, 2002

the reason im trying to give the drugs a proper go is cus im so desperate for something that works, i was on paxil a few years back but never really stuck at it when they suggested meds this time round i decided to stick em out for at least a year, they work slowly, you have to let your body abbsorm them, get use to them etc. im going to see and counciler as well.

has any one read prozac nation?

14. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

suburbian bum - Replied Apr 1, 2002

Smoke a fat pound of som bomb ass green, yo.

suburbian bum - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  15. graffsurgeon

graffsurgeon Banned

graffsurgeon - Replied Apr 1, 2002

unless they're acid based.

graffsurgeon - Rank: Banned - Messages: