Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Anti-abortion law

Discussion in 'News' started by yum, Feb 23, 2006.

1. yum

yum Junior Member

I just read in the paper that South Dakota has passed a law making it illegal for any doctor in the state to perform an abortion unless it is to save the life of the pregnant woman (even illegal to abort in cases of rape or incest). As im not all that familiar with how the American Judiciary and legislature work, does this state law override Roe vs Wade or is it just symbolic of the south dakota senate's opposition to abortion?

related link
    http://www.courant.com/news/nationworld/hc...nes-nationworld

2. MAGS156

MAGS156 Senior Member

The whole abortion thing is bullshit! The reason being: because if I shoot and kill a pregnant woman I’m charged with a double homicide, but if my girl goes to get an abortion it's all cool. Without a definitive answer on when life begins, (at conception, first trimester etc.) there can be no solid groung to argue a point on!

3. Lonesome Cowboy Bill

Lonesome Cowboy Bill Member

its a women's issue...I'm a guy...I don't think old (white) men should be deciding this in the first place...

4. angelofdeath

angelofdeath Elite Member

i support the bill south dakota is pushing for. if the bill passes, it does not over turn roe. Roe V Wade usurped the individual states power to decide the issue, where it had been since the start of this nation. roe centralized the government one step further. consolidation of the government is a thing to be extremely cautious of as Jefferson noted. local and decentralized laws are the key to liberty.

now, the purpose of the state legislatures pushing the law is to simply try to reassert state sovereignty and the 10th amendment. they are hoping to get the law passed, which would then be put into the federal courts, hopefully to the supreme court, to challenge the roe decision. if roe is over turned, fear not pro abortion people... all the blue states, where most people have abortions anyway will still have them, as they will vote to have abortion legal. ah the beauty of federalism.

5. bobthedestroyer

bobthedestroyer New Jack

Abortion is fucked up, if you don't want the kid give it up for adoption or some shit. "when life begins" is when the semen gets into the eggs simple...

I'm saddened to see how many people actually support abortion in this country.

6. Lonesome Cowboy Bill

Lonesome Cowboy Bill Member

the last I heard foster care really really sux in this country..how many kids have you adopted? abortion is normal, it has been around in all cultures since time began...animals engage in similar activity too....whats the big deal?

its ironic that the same people for the death penalty are against abortion and doctor assisted suicide.

So I guess in conservatives' eyes, the only way a women can legally commit suicide is if she gets an abortion. For a guy, just kill a cop...yeah, lol, that solves alot... (then they both get the death penalty for murder)

7. Harvey Wallbanger

Harvey Wallbanger Dirty Dozen Crew

Mags, just don't shoot any pregnant women and you shouldn't have a problem.

Angelofdeath, I don't think that RoeVsWade usurped the rights of individual states... it declared that, according to the constitution, individual states don't have the power to usurp the rights of individual citizens.

8. angelofdeath

there is no hypocrisy in being pro death penalty and anti abortion. simple morals say that killing innocent lives is wrong. if you believe life begins at conception, then you are taking an innocent life by having an abortion. a murderer for instance, getting the death penalty, squares with morals, even with God's moral law. as the proper transcription of the thou shalt not kill commandment is thou shall not murder.

however there is hypocrisy in being pro offensive war and bring pro life.

9. angelofdeath

this is where the problem is. the national government has no authority to even be talking about this issue. its not about the issue at hand, but jurisdiction. with a liberal supreme court in place, (read statist supreme court) they can interpret the constitution as they want. thing is they just cant for some reason nail down exactly where the "privacy" right is in the constitution. its somewhere between the 14th (purpose :grant citizenship to free blacks) the 9th (rights reserved to the people) and the 4th (only explicit privacy right protected by the feds... search without warrant) i find no where, in the document where it says "a woman shall have the right to abort her baby."

since there is no expression of an abortion right in the constitution, it is not a federal issue. enter the 10th amendment. puts the issue in the states. the courts overstepped its bounds. if abortion was to be protected by the federal government as a natural right, use the proper process and pass an amendment. i'll see you at the process. however, it is much easier, with a liberal big government supreme court to simply create a "right" in the constitution and set a ruling, because there is no way an amendment allowing abortion would have passed. this simple act by unaccountable unelected life tenured judges is astonishing. it could just as easy decide that "hey bush;s wire taps are totally constitutional (when they arent)" or some sort of extreme tyrannical legislation is constitutional. which is why im opposed to big government and judicial supremacy. i believe in decentralized power, limited government and local control.

10. bobthedestroyer

bobthedestroyer New Jack

The death penalty is also retarded... Not only does it not work as a deterrant but a fuckload of people on there are innoicent. Anyways how can you say that killing is wrong and then go ahead and kill someone.... Fuck the death penalty and fuck abortion. Let's be real here, most abortions are not done by females who were raped and what not, they are done by dumb fuck hoes who fuck too many people don't use condoms get pregnant and try to kill their mistakes.

11. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/22/dak...n.ap/index.html

Note the "moving the bill a step closer" - THE LAW HASN'T PASSED. The govenor would have to sign it among other things. He probably will but he would be signing a dead law.

I have almsot zero faith with the current system but I don't see the supreme court over turning a ruling with precedent without an actual individual situation that gives cause to do so. Roe has been challenged forever but no matter what politicians who pander to crazy right wing psychos have to say <especially in an ass-fuck means nothing to anyone on earth state like South Dakota> no cause exists to hear arguments that didn't exist last time.

12. angelofdeath

if you dont understand the principle, i could easily say the same thing about you. why is it bad to kill someone, but you talk of taking out iraqi's?

13. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

I'm with AoD on the state's rights side but... consider this.

We're talking and arguing at an obvious assault on the Federal system and essentially a call for some definative reforms of abortion law... I can respect that.

What we're not talking about, because it's riding under the radar is that in Florida in the last few weeks, a bill was introduced (if not passed already, but I think just intro'ed) that would provide birth certificates for infants still-born after a certain percentage of the pregnancy term... like 70-80%

The thing is, this is just a cloaked ploy from the right to lifers to advance the 'date of conception' from a legal standpoint... AND, these laws have passed in several other states already!

Please understand, this is not an issue I'm unfamilliar with. My nephew baby Lewis sadly got tangled in his cord in the last several weeks of his term and suffocated... Do I think of him as a person, human? absolutely, he was 8+ months old in my mind but... does he need a birthcertificate? NO! He was never born... I truly wish he was, his brothers are all kick ass kids and I can only assume that he would have ruled as well but... still... no cert.

Hopefully the South Dakota case will pull some of these devious plots to steal your rights using honey dripping sentimentality into the forefront.

14. bobthedestroyer

bobthedestroyer New Jack

if you dont understand the principle, i could easily say the same thing about you. why is it bad to kill someone, but you talk of taking out iraqi's?
    [post=4340300]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

War has nothing to do with society. I didn't say whether it is bad to kill someone, I said it's wrong... and killing people overseas does not make it "right" no matter what the cause is... Living in a civilized society I don't see how that makes sense to say "it's wrong to kill but only if you do it"

15. Herbivore

Herbivore Senior Member

So what about when a woman gets raped? What if a couple isn't financially capable of supporting a child, and they accidentally get pregnant due to defective contraception?

While I don't agree with women taking the morning after pill as a form of birth control, or getting abortions simply because they were too stupid to use protection, there are definitely circumstances in which it's simply the right thing to do. There's no sense in bringing a child into this world if you're not willing and able to raise it.