Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Another IPOD thread... FM TUNERS

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by heavyLox, Jul 23, 2005.

1. heavyLox

heavyLox Veteran Member

So im trying to to get one of the gazillion FM tuners for the ipod so i can use it in the car and cut down on wires.

who uses what? and why should i get or not get, what you got?

2. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

Get the Monster tuner that plugs into your cigarette lighter. Especially if you live in a city. I bought the Airplay FM tuner and it was always going to shit because I'm in the city, but I heard it works great in the burbs. The Monster one is probably the most expensive one you can get, I think it's 70 bucks, but it also charges your I-Pod at the same time. I can get you one for probably 50 bucks or so with my discount there. Only thing wrong with it would be if your cigarette lighter broke because then it wouldn't work.

3. courtorder

courtorder Senior Member

yikes, 50$ ive been thiking about the iTrip, but i heard that's 40$ if i found one for like 20$ then id get it.

4. dumy

dumy Veteran Member

I have the iTrip, definitely lacking when it comes to consistency...I've had talks with various retailers about the best tuner on the market and they've all come back at me with mixed reviews on basically every one out there..go with a wire if you want optimum sound quality...

5. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

I use one made by Monster... it pretty much sucks... not that I know they make a good one.. but it's better than the radio

6. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

I use the tape adapter set up - just like the one you use on CD walkmans, etc. Plugs into the earphone jack on the player and the tape deck in the car. The sound is surprisingly good, but the tape makes a "crunching" noise when it plays. I've returned it and gotten another, and I've had the same issue with both of 'em.

My lady has the iTrip, and the sound tends to fade in and out, usually accompanied by occasional static. I prefer the tape adapter instead.

7. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

I dunno, I heard the I-Trip breaks a lot and the signal ain't too great, I got no problems with the Monster one, it'll never sound as good as a fully-amped radio station but it does the job, especially since I don't have a tape player in my car.

8. heavyLox

heavyLox Veteran Member

i have the tape adapter but coupled with plugging the ipod into the lighter for power there get to be too much crap happening in the center console and cluter in the car drives nuts (no pun intended).
    found this but im not sure itll work with the ipod i have.
    [​IMG]

the monster one says it allows full range along the FM dial so that seems better then the ones that only allow a few specific stations.

9. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Junior Member

I had the iTrip and it fucking sucked. I just got AirPlay and it works fine so far.

10. cloner

cloner Senior Member

my itrip worked good, til it broke.

11. SLAUGHTER305

SLAUGHTER305 Junior Member

fucck apple

dell jukebox>

12. yeaaaah baby

yeaaaah baby Elite Member

ive never gotten an FM tuner that has really worked well. if you have a casette player in your car you should get a casette adaptor, thats where its at.

13. kyer

kyer New Jack

Fuck Ipods!

i just got me one of these...

Sony

14. JohnnyHorton

JohnnyHorton Senior Member

15. saraday

saraday Senior Member

i've got that one too.. it's not that bad.. i have to fiddle with it sometimes but usually i get pretty good signal

:p :p :p