Another IPOD thread... FM TUNERS

heavyLox

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Get the Monster tuner that plugs into your cigarette lighter. Especially if you live in a city. I bought the Airplay FM tuner and it was always going to shit because I'm in the city, but I heard it works great in the burbs. The Monster one is probably the most expensive one you can get, I think it's 70 bucks, but it also charges your I-Pod at the same time. I can get you one for probably 50 bucks or so with my discount there. Only thing wrong with it would be if your cigarette lighter broke because then it wouldn't work.

I have the iTrip, definitely lacking when it comes to consistency...I've had talks with various retailers about the best tuner on the market and they've all come back at me with mixed reviews on basically every one out there..go with a wire if you want optimum sound quality...

I use the tape adapter set up - just like the one you use on CD walkmans, etc. Plugs into the earphone jack on the player and the tape deck in the car. The sound is surprisingly good, but the tape makes a "crunching" noise when it plays. I've returned it and gotten another, and I've had the same issue with both of 'em.

My lady has the iTrip, and the sound tends to fade in and out, usually accompanied by occasional static. I prefer the tape adapter instead.

i have the tape adapter but coupled with plugging the ipod into the lighter for power there get to be too much crap happening in the center console and cluter in the car drives nuts (no pun intended).

found this but im not sure itll work with the ipod i have.

w001-2002.jpg

the monster one says it allows full range along the FM dial so that seems better then the ones that only allow a few specific stations.

He already said he doesn't want the cassete adaptor. I'm telling you man, the monster one that runs off the car charger is the way to go, plus you don't have to worry about the batteries running out. Mine works great in Boston, no static, only occasionally do I get a kind of high frequency tone that lasts for a few seconds.

i have the mini itrip. but i heard the itrip for the regular sized ipods suck. i don't have any problems with mine. i get pretty damn good reception where i live. no complaints. i didn't get the monster b/c its exepensive. so i go the itrip and some after market charger, which ended up beingl ike 20 bucks cheaper than the monster kit.

like some1 said, if you have a tape player, the best thing to do is get the tape adapter.

i also heard that they have an fm tuner that directly plugs into the back of your deck to the main antenna plug, which gives crystal clear sound.

or u can just buy a new car which a lot of companies have the upgrade options which they make the car ipod ready.