Anna Karenina...

aoneske

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

...are you part of the oprah book club?...

...seriously though...i think it's bull shit that she adopted that book (considered to be one of the greatest works of literature by many) into her cheasy book club for capitalistic gain...

...but no...i haven't read it...i just finished reading dostoevsky though...

Originally posted by porque@Oct 29 2004, 10:03 AM

...are you part of the oprah book club?...

...seriously though...i think it's bull shit that she adopted that book (considered to be one of the greatest works of literature by many) into her cheasy book club for capitalistic gain...

...but no...i haven't read it...i just finished reading dostoevsky though...

uhm. wow. you can't be more wrong about the new "revised oprah book club."

the REASON she's picking CLASSICAL LITERATURE for her bookclub is because she was sick of promoting little/new writers and watching them climb the fame ladder hitching a ride on her book's clubs back

this way, the classics are re-read to teach a new generation, and how would she be gaining money from this venture? unless she OWNS the publishing houses (which is possible)

well then

last classic i read wassssssss...

"the COunt of Monte Cristo" by Dumas

andddddd

"Pride and Predjudice" by Jane Austen

Originally posted by sarahyoulose@Oct 29 2004, 11:31 PM

uhm. wow. you can't be more wrong about the new "revised oprah book club."

the REASON she's picking CLASSICAL LITERATURE for her bookclub is because she was sick of promoting little/new writers and watching them climb the fame ladder hitching a ride on her book's clubs back

this way, the classics are re-read to teach a new generation, and how would she be gaining money from this venture? unless she OWNS the publishing houses (which is possible)

well then

last classic i read wassssssss...

"the COunt of Monte Cristo" by Dumas

andddddd

"Pride and Predjudice" by Jane Austen

Are you president of the Oprah Fan Club?

Originally posted by porque@Oct 29 2004, 01:03 PM

...i think it's bull shit that she adopted that book (considered to be one of the greatest works of literature by many) into her cheasy book club for capitalistic gain...

haha...Tolstoy is wicked. I have yet to read this book, but plan on doing so pretty damn soon.

My uncle from 'back home' got me a copy of a Tolstoy called "Kingdom of Peace and Other Essays" or something, but I just don't feel interested in reading it. His short stories are really, really good.

Guest imported_Tesseract

fuck it aoneske, you start a thread on anna karenina and it ends up about oprah....welcome on 12oz..i'd discuss if i'd read it for all its worth

Thanks! Well this happens all the time u start a thread and it ends up being about something completely different! Well yea i'm with the rest about Oprah takin over everything ... this is for anyone who is actually thinkin about reading this book ...read it very slowly...It's confuses the hell outta u!

Guest imported_Tesseract

i usually enjoy threads shifting subjects..when the quality ends higher than it started...or WAAAYYYYYY lower but with mamerro in it

Originally posted by Tesseract@Oct 30 2004, 01:33 PM

you start a thread on anna karenina and it ends up about oprah....welcome on 12oz..

A thelonious monk once said:

They ask for cake, give 'em acorns. At first the people will be like 'hey, what the fuck is this bullshit? I ordered me some cake!' but if you're persistant and you keep giving the people acorns.. by golly, they'll eat the fucking acorns.

...fuck that...oprah is a money hungry bitch...she's using classics becasue they no longer have copywrite protection...which means she can have them published with her stupid fuckin seal on it and get all of the profits...

...just imagine showing off your proud collection of classic literature to your grandchildren and explaining to them that that they were selected and branded for you by a maniacal daytime tv talkshow host for houswives that are so unhappy with their lives and marriages that they seek redemption from an overweight host whose highest rated shows involved makeovers and a 'brand new you'...

Originally posted by porque@Oct 30 2004, 06:45 PM

...just imagine showing off your proud collection of classic literature to your grandchildren and explaining to them that that they were selected and branded for you by a maniacal daytime tv talkshow host for houswives that are so unhappy with their lives and marriages that they seek redemption from an overweight host whose highest rated shows involved makeovers and a 'brand new you'...

hahaah

Originally posted by 26SidedCube+Oct 30 2004, 08:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (26SidedCube - Oct 30 2004, 08:08 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Tesseract@Oct 30 2004, 01:33 PM

you start a thread on anna karenina and it ends up about oprah....welcome on 12oz..

A thelonious monk once said:

They ask for cake, give 'em acorns. At first the people will be like 'hey, what the fuck is this bullshit? I ordered me some cake!' but if you're persistant and you keep giving the people acorns.. by golly, they'll eat the fucking acorns.

[/b]

Acorn's taste bad.

Archived