anime

AORAone

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I think that my movie rental theme for the week will be anime. I have yet to see Metropolis. Ghost In The Shell was cool. I had the comic book for Fist of the North Star, and some others. I am into mecha, but I don’t know which anime is good for that. I’ve seen a little bit of garasaki, and I thought it might be too slow. I have heard mixed reviews for it.

Can anyone recommend me good mecha movies?

i havent watched that stuff in a few monthes but when i was my big ones where

wolfs rain

naruto

raxephon (sp)

and i was starting to watch last exile but gave up

i kinda wanna get them on DVD now just to have all the stuff i have is bootlegged of japanese TV so its not that good some cant read the subtitles.. and stuff like that

jin roh, i cant remember if thats how you pernounce it. but its badass, fist of the north star was also one of the first to come out. its rediculessly funny when he stabs his fingers thru people.:lol: or when he wakes up from his sleep and gets up from the bench table, and he gets up so fast it shatters:lol:

evangelion was alright, too many different endings, i HATE cowboy bebop, before it came out on tv, my friend had the whole season pirated on some v-cd's and we sat there and watched the whole season, in one sitting, now i cant stand it, ein is cool tho. there are a couple of good episodes in my opinion, but im not a big fan after seeing the whole series straight thru

i used to be all into it, but lately i've only been paying attention to the exceptionally good ones.

some of the titles i enjoy:

neon genesis evangelion

ninja scroll (1st one)

wicked city

spirited away

princess mononoke

ghost in the shell

robotech

jin roh

vampire hunter d (old and new)

blood the last vampire

akira

golgo 13

i also saw it before it came out on tv, but im not gonna start hating it because its a little popular now, some people do that. but i was talken about the MOVIE. which is super awesome, the opening alone makes me crazy in love. :D

ahh i forgot about spirited away, that was pretty fucking awesome, i loved those 3 bouncing head guys.

one really really dramatic anime is grave of fireflys. i watched it with my little sister, and she cried.

Oh yeah I've been wanting to see grave of fireflies.... I saw lain too but I'm not sure how I felt about it.

I want to check out RahXephon and neo ranga, gasaraki, spriggan, and metropolis.

I saw wicked city a long time ago I think I liked it. I also saw golgo 13 a long time ago and I think I liked that too.

I heard the 2nd vampire hunter d was better than the first. I thought the first one was good but not all that.

spriggan

spriggan was well animated, but it was too religious for me. the whole theme was basically finding noahs ark and unlocking its secret powers. i wasnt into the story. i realize you were talking about the movie cowboy bebop, but since i saw the series straight thru and hated it after that, i never saw the movie, my roomate has it. but i dont watch it.flcl is good too. la blue girl is funny. wicked city was disturbing but amusing.trigun is awsome as hell, i say that is one of the most well developed story lines i have ever witnessed, the combination of detailed animation with the occasionalchibi type faces are very cleverly put together and suprisingly work well considering the big difference in the era they both come from.

RECORD OF LODOSS WAR

X is a good one too. and most of what has already been mentioned.

did any of yall see that live actor version of fist of the north star that the good people at hbo produced a few years back? gawd it was aweful.

no actually i had no idea they made a motion flik of it.lol. i would assume the part were he gets stabbed in the chest with the fingers would be cheap and amusing tho.lol. i actually didnt really like records of lotus war. the animation was poor and the story jumped around alot, i didnt catch the whole series, i just picked up the first few vhs' at the local hollywood video. and i was disapointed. x however is a different story, thats a solid series as well. im suprised no one has been retarded enough to say any of the dragon ball series. the original was good, but then it was all just dragged out. taking a whole season just to kill one dude? that isnt an epic battle, thats epic proportions of retardism.

Originally posted by MLTf4nt0m

no actually i had no idea they made a motion flik of it.lol. i would assume the part were he gets stabbed in the chest with the fingers would be cheap and amusing tho.

its been a minute since i saw it... mabe about 6 years but i'm pretty sure the finger stab scene was left out all together. i think whoever it was that directed it took alot of liberties that were all for the worst. you probably wont find it on a video store shelf. it premiered on hbo. i mean it was really bad. i want to say that the story line was even altered a little but i cant really remember.

Wings of Honneamise(sp), Ghost In The Shell, Spirited Away

pretty mainstream movies except for Wings.

Castle of Cagliostro amused me too.

Spirited Away was released in cinemas, it is fucking brilliant.Getsomeinterryeerrr

favourite anime serieseses:

- Macross Plus !!! (best soundtrack. . .in anything. . .ever)

- Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex

- Cowboy Bebop (series. I have the movie too, but haven't watched it yet.)

- Macross Zero (not yet finished showing in Japan. They are releasing one episode every 6 months or thereabouts, and though only two episodes have been released so far it is shaping up bloody awesome.)

I liked the Patlabor movies as well (havent' seen the third one yet). They are cool mecha stuffs, but not in the traditional massive-robot-driven-by-crazy-child-with-crazy-unknown-destiny-and-twist-of-fates-love-story Gundam style type thingo. Instead its deep sorta crime-mystery stuff and as such is pretty damn class. Brilliant shootout sequences as well.

I hear FLCL and LA Blue Girl are the absolute shiznits of badass shiznits, though i haven't had the chance to see them yet.

I watched a bit of Serial Experiments Lain, and though crazy and intriguing, it was very slow paced. I might have to dig it out again sometime.

i forgot to add: macross plus and perfect blue to my list. i can't seem to get into cowboy bebop. i've seen some episodes of lain, but not enough to keep me interested. it makes me feel like i'm high or on shrooms when watching it.

perfect blue is weird...but very good.

- Macross Plus !!! (best soundtrack. . .in anything. . .ever)

so true, i have it downloaded because i cant find it it any stores, there is a place that has alot of anime soundtracks but they dont carry this one.lain was alright, when i first saw the cover i thought it would be the shit, i was disapointed when i bought it tho. its a shame i bought the box set, i only watched the first two. stand alone complex, thats the name of it, lol, i couldnt remember for the life of me thanks. gundam wing was good too, i remember watching that whole series on cartoon network, the animation and characters are awsome. zechs marquie is my favorite character, my favorite gundams are sandrock, epyon, and the tallgeese3. the ending to that series was awsomeness. endless waltz tried to continue it but i wasnt feelin it. too much bullshit.any one ever seen nightmare campus?lol. thats a funny as movie.:lol: :lol: