anime + manga...(im a nerd)

ir8one

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

If you havent read the Akira mangas' (well Graphic Novels technically) then you need to go and find a way to, ASAP!!! THey're so dope it makes the movie look like a shitty trailor to the dopest story ever. The movie doesn't even compare!!! The only problem is that there's six of them, and they cost $30 each.

..and always watch [adult swim]

i thought kiki's delivery service was so wack. loved spirited away tho.

waste, the cowboy bebop manga is really good. more stories about ed and faye. ive only read the 3 that is drawn by the original artist who did the anime series, and same person who did the stories. there is another manga called cowboy bebop shooting star, but the characters dont look anything like they do on the series.

for some silly fun, and lots of boobies: photon, idiot adventures

Originally posted by slightly

ok, ive been meaning to ask smebody this, and i seriously want to know. What exactly turns you guys on about this anime stuff? i cant say ive ever watched and anime movie, but the cartoons are, well, cartoons. Any insight?

personally speaking, the intrest in anime is usually due to the way animation or cartoons[kids entertainment] is treated in america. everything that is created in america is trying to please a young and an older audience. anime usually deals with taboo subjects that aren`t allowed in the states because anything in the animation medium is quickly deemed a kids only medium. the animation quality in america is usually superior to most japanese stuff because of the budget difference but americans are getting cheaper themselves and this is where the japanese are superior. deliver a story with action, appeal to both a young and adult audience within a very cheap budget. miyazaki is the master of this. he uses a fraction of what disney spends and comes close to getting the industry standard for animation films. i guess whatever floats your boat, but there are alot of great stories that break the boring mold of the american weak female character getting captured and the strong superior male vanquishing evil and living happily ever after.

Hell man, if it wasn't for anime, my black book would be filled with nothing but dudes. Funny, only way i can actually draw nice looking femmes.

I reccomend Plastic Little (the movie)

I also endorse The entire Naussica manga series as well as Battle Angel Alita (it's all about the Barjack)

Check out Bondage Fairies and Super Taboo if you like jerking it to cartoon girls. I bet most of you replying to this thread have at one point or another.

Originally posted by SukiSukiNow

just bought 2 girly ones:

spirited away and kiki's delivery service

hush yo mouth........they aint girly

hellsing

boogiepop phantom

dual!

i'll say this one fer the third time umazaki: spiral ..manga

guyver

record lodoss war

bastard

death

chobits i cant stand

angelic layer was ok

golddigger

inu yasha ....manga

naruto /anime and manga

i second what serum said.

anime isnt always about giggly girls with cute but unpronouncable japanese names...or the boobies. (not for me anyway)

alot of them deal with subjects like ai, human psyche.....(i already warned you i was a nerd)

but another thing i love is the animation. just thinking bout people that draw characters and make them move so well like they were real just fucking blows my mind.

Yeah, the whole Spiral series is dope. My favorites are the light house story and the one where those students start turning into snails. Oh, props to the guy who left that bit about the whole Akira series. The movie is dope but it doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of what went down in the comic. I thought it was funny Lady Miyako was transformed into a religious fanatic in the movie.

I started watching anime like back when i was like in 5th grade...the first one I ever got was the Guyver...it was the most bad ass cartoon id had ever seen at that point...i started watching tons of anime...i moved to korea in the 6th grade and was able to continue watching bad ass anime, and even was able to watch the whole dragon ball z series...long before the cartoon network or kids knew what anime was. I watched a lot of anime back then...now I dont care about it. Hardly ever watch it anymore. I like most of the animation, and artwork though. I used to build and paint gundam models too...

Grave of the fireflies

Jin Roh

Akira

Guyver (series)

Patlabor

Gundam Wing

http://www.shsu.edu/~stddct12/z_custom_m.jpg'>

Jedi Mind Tricks - Rise of the Machines

Originally posted by LENS

I reccomend Plastic Little (the movie)

aim for the top! gunbuster??

i think it's the same thing but that was a nice story. breasts were enormous but a very nice plot.

naruto is dope, yes.

samruai deeper: kyo is good so far.

i heard the manga is a little different so when i have the money, i'll check it out..

Archived