Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Animated Movies

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Overtime, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

I have recently come up with a great appreciation for animated movies and computer movies

some of my favorites

Atlantis: The Lost Empire
    Shrek
    The Iron Giant
    Finding Nemo

does anybody else watch these kind of movies, cuz they freakin rock

2. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

Oh.

I was thinking not disney/pixar type films..

I Married a Strange Person.
    Fantastic Planet.

Those are my most recently watched animation movies.

3. gfreshsushi

gfreshsushi Senior Member

legend of the overfiend...

4. Overtime

i forgot about the animated hobbit and the animeted lotr, those rock

5. ERIZENO

ERIZENO Senior Member

HUGE ANIMATION FAN !!!!

I had been working on learning animation till about 3 years ago ... it’s a great area of art.

I dunno about counting disney/pixar out.
    You have to look at Disney for who they are, then put that aside and look at the art. This only goes for Disney feature animation, not Disney television animation. The TV studio can suck a fat dick, cuz that’s what their work is doing in my view.

Pixar is only using Disney as a distribution channel and funder. They actually met with Disney executives recently about the fact that their contract is about to expire. Pixar went to them with everything they have done turning gold, and got to ask for a bigger cut of the profit. Not many people can do that with Disney. I have much respect for pixar and all of their work. Nemo wasn’t as good as the rest ... however it was still top pixar quality. (Hidden things ... in monster inc. the little girl boo is giving Sully toys, one is Buzz from toy story, there is a ball from pixars first short, and nemo a bit ahead of his own movie coming out.)

I MARRIED A STRANGE PERSON ...great flick.

im blanking out on a lot of wonderful art movies. i will be back.

6. krie

krie Guest

Shrek
    Toy Story
    Ice Age
    Monsters Inc.
    are all clasics

7. ERIZENO

ERIZENO Senior Member

ok the brain is working again ... cant forget the don bluth flicks.

the Secret of NIMH (1982)

An American Tail (1986)

Titan A.E. (2000) (this was such a suprise, i was not expecting much of it and i was very happy, my favorite don bluth film)

more later. good idea for a thread.

8. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

Im actually a big fan of any movie that incorporates stop animation monsters or dinosaurs in its shit.

9. 455

455 Guest

10. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

this was on the box the other night. really enjoyed that flick. monsters inc is dope too

11. SpyD

SpyD Elite Member

fievel goes west is one of my favorite movies.

THE LAAAAAYYYYZEEEE EEEYYYYYYYEEE *shakes head and froths at mouth*

..or was it, crazy eye?

12. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Dude.....animated LOFTR rocked my world back in the day. Returj of the king was the shit. i loved the animation they did for that living battering ram they used to knock down the gates of that one city.

13. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

Princess Mononoke.

Or anything by Hayao Miyazaki.

14. Overtime

shit, monsters inc, i have seen that like 2000 times, i bought it and watched it on loop for so long.

Now, onto Nemo, i think it was amazing, how they incorporated the water and such, what with it being a ocean movie. They made it look like they were in water, and the shots of the ocean from above were amazing.

I also like
    Jimmy Neutron
    Treasure Planet
    Aladdin will always be classic
    Ice Age

15. Overtime

I cant wait for shrek 2 though