Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

...and hilarity ensued.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Herbivore, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Herbivore

Herbivore Senior Member

source

Shaq sworn in as reserve police officer

Heat star wants to 'get down and dirty and do the job,' Miami official says

Updated: 12:10 p.m. ET Dec. 9, 2005
    MIAMI BEACH, Fla. - Look out criminals, Officer Shaq is on the beat.

Shaquille O’Neal was sworn in as a reserve police officer Thursday, with the Miami Heat center choosing to skip a public event in favor of a quiet, no-frills ceremony.

“Officer O’Neal is very considerate toward the other officers, and he was afraid if he was there he would have taken away from that moment for other officers,� department spokesman Robert Hernandez said. “This is a very special time for them and their families.�

The former Laker was a reserve officer in Los Angeles before moving to South Florida. He spent the past year training as a Miami Beach police reserve officer and can now add the $1-a-year salary to his $100 million, 5-year contract with the Heat.

The 7-foot-1 player will be able to carry a gun, wear a badge and make arrests, but with his celebrity status he most likely will not walk a beat or go undercover. He will work as time permits in the volunteer position.

O’Neal has said he is most interested in working with the special victims detective unit to help stop crimes against children.

“He made it clear when he decided to come to Miami Beach that he didn’t want to just be a poster boy for photo ops, he wanted to get down and dirty and do the job,� Hernandez said. “He’s here to conduct investigations and to make arrests.�

And in September he did just that. After seeing a man throw a bottle and yell anti-gay slurs at a passer-by, O’Neal trailed the man and helped an officer arrest him as a hate-crime suspect.

2. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

haha...I'd sign up for that shit just for the concealed carry bit.

3. Herbivore

Herbivore Senior Member

4. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

Look everyone, Shaq is feeling up that kid!!

5. SteveAustin

nah, he racially profiled him and knows he has drugs/guns on him somewhere.

6. Herbivore

Herbivore Senior Member

I'm sorry, but if this guy told me I was under arrest, I'd have a hard time not laughing hysterically.

[​IMG]

7. SteveAustin

but dude...he's like 18 feet tall.

I bet he works Kazaam into his cop lingo when working. haha.

8. theGOON

theGOON Member

yeah... like emeril w/ "bam"... when he slaps the cuffs around your wrists, he's all "kazaam" and when the detainee laughs uncontrollably for the next 45 minutes, shaq just sits on him.

9. I.C.Shadow

I.C.Shadow Senior Member

10. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

"La-schmoove, yo shaq don't have nothin' to prove!"

[​IMG]

"La-schmoove, yo shaq don't have nothin' to prove!"

11. deterrent

deterrent Veteran Member

cut me with a shaq-knife

12. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

i remember there beinmg a thread where they were talking about shaq joinin forces with police to like catch online predators by shaq posing undercover online.

im glad to see he took the next step.

13. Antron

Antron Junior Member

think about it doe, no one could run away from shaq. hed fuck you up.

14. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

15. hollowtips

hollowtips Junior Member

it would be disturbing to be having cyber sex with a supposed 16 year old white girl and you find out its a 7 foot 1 black man....