analyze my dreams

casekonly

night one of taking ambien:

i'm standing paralyzed in a field watching a deer surround by 11 coyote.

each time the deer realizes that it's a deer, it sheds a tear. when the tear drop hits the ground, the earth shakes and a coyote attacks. 11 tears are cried, and 11 coyoyte attack it. after all of this, the deer stared into my eyes and i fell asleep. i woke up immediatly in my bed.

night 2 on ambien:

same dream, except that i'm in the deers place...in the middle of the coyote. each time the deer glances over at me, it sheds a tear, the earth rumbles, and a coyote attacks me. for some reason, i don't mind the pain, nor do i mind taking the deers place. after it's all over, she comes up to me and paws at the ground, and i look up and catch her eyes and fall asleep. i wake up soon after in my bed.

what do those dreams mean? any psyche majors????

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'm a psychology major... graduating in a few months. Dream analysis is a somewhat complex and simultaneosly vague area in research. The main theories, which I tend to follow as well is that dreams have two primary functions:

1. Condensing memories. This could perhaps be part of your dream; perhaps visual cues you have subconsciously picked up over the last few weeks. Consider this- I once had a dream, where I was standing on my front lawn. My dad was mowing it, and meteors were raining from the sky. Everytime a meteor hit, I would jump. When I awoke and analyzed this dream I found where some of the aspects came from. My front lawn needed to be mowed, and my roommates and I were fighting about it. The meteors were from a video game I played. The jumping was from a few days prior when I had been at the train tracks, and as a train went by, I would jump from shadow to shadow of each boxcar.

2. The other major theory is that dreams are an outlet for emotion. The end for any emotion is ultimately expression. Have you had any sad or angry occurences in your recent life that you have been bottling up? Sit back and analyze your life.... you are ultimately the best interpretor of your dreams.

Originally posted by Fugazi

I'm a psychology major... graduating in a few months. Dream analysis is a somewhat complex and simultaneosly vague area in research. The main theories, which I tend to follow as well is that dreams have two primary functions:

1. Condensing memories. This could perhaps be part of your dream; perhaps visual cues you have subconsciously picked up over the last few weeks. Consider this- I once had a dream, where I was standing on my front lawn. My dad was mowing it, and meteors were raining from the sky. Everytime a meteor hit, I would jump. When I awoke and analyzed this dream I found where some of the aspects came from. My front lawn needed to be mowed, and my roommates and I were fighting about it. The meteors were from a video game I played. The jumping was from a few days prior when I had been at the train tracks, and as a train went by, I would jump from shadow to shadow of each boxcar.

2. The other major theory is that dreams are an outlet for emotion. The end for any emotion is ultimately expression. Have you had any sad or angry occurences in your recent life that you have been bottling up? Sit back and analyze your life.... you are ultimately the best interpretor of your dreams.

i think it might relate to a situation i'm going through witha lady friend...hmm...i dunno...i don't get some of it, though...haven't seen many deer or coyote in the recent year....

Originally posted by caL

i used to have this reacurring dream, where i used to jump off a balcony and fly around in a circle, then i would crash into this table that was downstairs. then i would wake up, or i would dream about waking up...

i dont remeber

:(

i feel that but when i woke up in these dreams, i really woke up and wrote them down...got the proof. it seemed important.

was on ambien a few months ago and i had the same types of spiritual dreams...freaky.i'm find out what this stuff is made from...

last night i dreamed that i went to pick up a package of long lost flicks, and the manager of the store said they take them to another store if you don't pick them up after a long time. then i was walking somewhere, and i saw a tag of mine by a throw of mine, only i've never done one that looks like that.

i've got to try this ambien stuff

*when i was kind of asleep, and kind of awake, i wondered what time it was, and saw my desktop, it said 2:12 am in the lower right corner

Originally posted by casekonly

night one of taking ambien:

i'm standing paralyzed in a field watching a deer surround by 11 coyote.

each time the deer realizes that it's a deer, it sheds a tear. when the tear drop hits the ground, the earth shakes and a coyote attacks. 11 tears are cried, and 11 coyoyte attack it. after all of this, the deer stared into my eyes and i fell asleep. i woke up immediatly in my bed.

night 2 on ambien:

same dream, except that i'm in the deers place...in the middle of the coyote. each time the deer glances over at me, it sheds a tear, the earth rumbles, and a coyote attacks me. for some reason, i don't mind the pain, nor do i mind taking the deers place. after it's all over, she comes up to me and paws at the ground, and i look up and catch her eyes and fall asleep. i wake up soon after in my bed.

what do those dreams mean? any psyche majors????

the band "hum" has a song about that dream.

they have 2 albums, you'd prefer an astronaut, and, downward is heavenward.

i think it's on you'd prefer an astronaut. don't know any of the song names.

the song is about a deer taking 2 sips of water from a pond while coyotes are grilling him.

great band anyways, check it out.

it's usually findable on kazaa.

picture of lars please.

Originally posted by iquit

they have 2 albums, you'd prefer an astronaut, and, downward is heavenward.

i think it's on you'd prefer an astronaut. don't know any of the song names.

the song is about a deer taking 2 sips of water from a pond while coyotes are grilling him.

great band anyways, check it out.

it's usually findable on kazaa.

picture of lars please.

couldn't find it on the lyrics search for that album "you'd prefer an astronaut"