Analysis Of Artwork Needed/Wanted

metallix

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Im a bit biased, bro....it just looks like random colors, and ive had a few gallery showcases so im not non-artistic..

I just think it's a sortof, "trying to be different" type of piece and it's overplayed.

Analysis: I think you tried to be "different", but therfore you ended up being the same as everyone.

I dont like it, but that's my personal opinion.

now, try not to take this personal bro, because i like you as an individual, but...

what do you really expect anyone to say? what do you expect us to see in this? how do you expect us to form any kind of emotional or psychological attachment or atraction to it? i mean literally, its dry erase markers making rings of color. and while theoretically it is possible to create something great with those means, this is not that great thing. and then you watermarked it, as if someone might steal it or something? and do what with it? make prints of a 72dpi jpeg and sell them at sothebys? haha. im not trying to slam you at all, just being realistic. the only things i think of when i look at this are:

A. beardo is a hippie

B. tide gets the grease out

C. acid used to be fun.

again, i like you man, but i really dont understand what you expected anyone to say. i mean, what do you say? what do you 'feel' about this? what do you 'see' in it? it's your art...your 'vision'...

seeks/i shot andy warhol

wow awesome critical analysis, seeking! I knew the water mark would kill it. im just all paranoid about sharing things online (of my own creation) just because im so disrespectful with other people's copy-rights.

here is what i was feeling, this was typed to a friend.:

" from what i can tell im in the center and im surrounded by waves of force/energy surrounding my core"

"and on the outer fringe edge is black, non existence so im surrounded by death"

in addition to that The layers would be my own individual personality. I can't even say why i did this. IT just because i was inspired to pick up a marker and do the waves of colors. at the time i was feeling anger and dispair, disappointment in the direction of my life.

the yellow appears to me to be my life essence, the rest either blockades or the colors symbolize something. im not even sure..thats why i posted this up and said nothing about it.

Originally posted by metallix

im just all paranoid about sharing things online (of my own creation) just because im so disrespectful with other people's copy-rights.

:lol:

alright,, not to be an asshole... but seeking is kinda right... i thought it was a joke or some sort of experiment or something to test out haterhood, or whatever... i honestly thought that you got it from some kid's art site, and decided to goof around. it doesn't look like you spent any more than, say, 45 min on it.

again, not being an ass... and the watermarks didn't ruin it at all.. i actually find them to be more interesting and comical.

I liked Seeking's reply. but when I looked at it I thought of the sun. And when you really look at it there are some distinct levels and a sense of obscured (is that a word?) depth. Yeah, it also sorta made me sad. I also didn't like it very much. And I thought the QuadroPad of Stamps, plus the option of commenting on the Spamps, plus the Needed/Wanted title....was really corny.

I still think its all helmets and wheelchairs but do you have anything else that you'd be down to show me. Something that is not that. I dont ever want to see that again. I feel the need to say that i like you too. Im not really just trying to be an asshole about things. Not this time.

Guest im not witty
Originally posted by seeking

and do what with it? make prints of a 72dpi jpeg and sell them at sothebys

A. beardo is a hippie

B. tide gets the grease out

C. acid used to be fun.

oh man, i do enjoy a good laugh.

Archived