1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Analysis Of Artwork Needed/Wanted

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by metallix, Nov 12, 2003.

1. metallix

metallix 12oz Elite Member

Analysis Of Artwork Needed/Wanted

Discussion started by metallix - Nov 12, 2003

http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid88/p3abe2990732a02accb5f3452ad07d2b4/fa92cc25.jpg.orig.jpg'>

Have Fun! (ignore the watermarks in each corner, if you so choose.)
    besides any regular analysis im also interested in a psychological one if anyone has talent or idea in that area.

metallix - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  2. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

Abracadabra - Replied Nov 12, 2003

the bastard picture won't work on my pc. any chance of putting it somewhere else? (probably not, but it was worth the ask)

Abracadabra - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  3. krie

krie Guest

krie - Replied Nov 12, 2003

it looks like something a hippy would draw

4. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

Dick Quickwood - Replied Nov 12, 2003

haha dude i was going to say that

Dick Quickwood - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  5. metallix

metallix - Replied Nov 12, 2003

if u have a good free host then ill host it there happily.

6. oneeightyone

oneeightyone 12oz Senior Member

oneeightyone - Replied Nov 12, 2003

Im a bit biased, bro....it just looks like random colors, and ive had a few gallery showcases so im not non-artistic..

I just think it's a sortof, "trying to be different" type of piece and it's overplayed.

Analysis: I think you tried to be "different", but therfore you ended up being the same as everyone.

I dont like it, but that's my personal opinion.

oneeightyone - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. GucciCondom

GucciCondom 12oz Veteran Member

GucciCondom - Replied Nov 12, 2003

Looks like some shit I would do in 4th grade when I got bored.

GucciCondom - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  8. krie

krie Guest

krie - Replied Nov 12, 2003

it looks like a view from above looking down on a rastafarian(sp) hat

9. yoink

yoink 12oz Elite Member

yoink - Replied Nov 12, 2003

first thought

tree-rings

yoink - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  10. mr.yuck

mr.yuck 12oz Veteran Member

mr.yuck - Replied Nov 13, 2003

Do you have anything else? I hate to judge things like this and have nothing else to compare to or base my opinion on. If I had to base my opinion on this, the first thing that came to mind were helmets and wheelchairs.

mr.yuck - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  11. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Nov 13, 2003

now, try not to take this personal bro, because i like you as an individual, but...

what do you really expect anyone to say? what do you expect us to see in this? how do you expect us to form any kind of emotional or psychological attachment or atraction to it? i mean literally, its dry erase markers making rings of color. and while theoretically it is possible to create something great with those means, this is not that great thing. and then you watermarked it, as if someone might steal it or something? and do what with it? make prints of a 72dpi jpeg and sell them at sothebys? haha. im not trying to slam you at all, just being realistic. the only things i think of when i look at this are:

A. beardo is a hippie
    B. tide gets the grease out
    C. acid used to be fun.

again, i like you man, but i really dont understand what you expected anyone to say. i mean, what do you say? what do you 'feel' about this? what do you 'see' in it? it's your art...your 'vision'...

seeks/i shot andy warhol

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  12. FunktionOne

FunktionOne 12oz Member

FunktionOne - Replied Nov 13, 2003

I really don't know what to say...

FunktionOne - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  13. metallix

metallix - Replied Nov 13, 2003

wow awesome critical analysis, seeking! I knew the water mark would kill it. im just all paranoid about sharing things online (of my own creation) just because im so disrespectful with other people's copy-rights.

here is what i was feeling, this was typed to a friend.:

" from what i can tell im in the center and im surrounded by waves of force/energy surrounding my core"
    "and on the outer fringe edge is black, non existence so im surrounded by death"

in addition to that The layers would be my own individual personality. I can't even say why i did this. IT just because i was inspired to pick up a marker and do the waves of colors. at the time i was feeling anger and dispair, disappointment in the direction of my life.

the yellow appears to me to be my life essence, the rest either blockades or the colors symbolize something. im not even sure..thats why i posted this up and said nothing about it.

14. Vanity

Vanity 12oz Veteran Member

Vanity - Replied Nov 13, 2003

:lol:

alright,, not to be an asshole... but seeking is kinda right... i thought it was a joke or some sort of experiment or something to test out haterhood, or whatever... i honestly thought that you got it from some kid's art site, and decided to goof around. it doesn't look like you spent any more than, say, 45 min on it.

again, not being an ass... and the watermarks didn't ruin it at all.. i actually find them to be more interesting and comical.

Vanity - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  15. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

Abracadabra - Replied Nov 13, 2003

http://www.photobucket.com

Abracadabra - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages: