Analog to Digital...warmth transferrence?

Smart

So, I grew up in the age of vinyl, consequently a ton of my library is on vinyl. So, I just play my mp3 player on random all, always... CONSEQUENTLY (I'm gonna try to use that word at least once again...)... I hear all sorts of stuff, but a ton of it is from the digital age i.e. cd's (Not crossdressers, CaCash I'm looking at you)...

Anyway, it's SO SO SO much cooler with the hiss and pop... fuck watcha herd

consequently

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well..analog captures a shit tone of sound that digital does not, digital get sound in bits by the hundres while analog is full total sound.

But I have something better

DSD, It records like analog...but its in digital format. All the kings of music are getting their shit remastered and recording in DSD now (my buddies dad owns a bidness that remasters in partnership with a high end studio) we have been remastering all of Phill collins shit, Rolling stones, Pink Floyd and Elton John..and I get to use his studio for free!

only problem..it only plays best on Hi Def CDs, on a Hi Def CD player...money right there

i know this is about analog and digital but. i have been a fan of vynil since 93. thats all i ever used to spin. recently till like anout last month ive been suing cdj's and mp3 style programs to mix with the vinyl and i must say it is a very fun and interesting otucome.

and aside from that its so much easier to grab a mp3 of some rare shit if you know how to look. other than waiting for ever for your vinyl collectionto get huge.

yep

So, I grew up in the age of vinyl, consequently a ton of my library is on vinyl. So, I just play my mp3 player on random all, always... CONSEQUENTLY (I'm gonna try to use that word at least once again...)... I hear all sorts of stuff, but a ton of it is from the digital age i.e. cd's (Not crossdressers, CaCash I'm looking at you)...

Anyway, it's SO SO SO much cooler with the hiss and pop... fuck watcha herd

consequently

MP3 is a lossy, compression format. In order to compress the audio to such small storage space, you lose both high ends and low ends when you convert something to MP3, ie. ripping an audio CD. This is why I think all this noise about MP3 being the future of the music industry is scary.

Yeah, I've found that it is a very long process, vinyl to digi... I like listening to all my records but I gotta listen to all my records! Still, I was struck by this about 2 weeks ago when I was listening to my MP3 player and the record skipped, you know, the record "inside" the recording... it skipped good so the flow of the song is still there and I've decided to overlook it but now I've heard the song once again yesterday and I found myself actually looking forward to the moment that it skipped, then I rewound it and listened to that bit again...

I tried some e4c's... they were pretty fucking amazing. They were so good I not only noticed how badly encoded some of my tracks were, but I also noticed that my left ear has slightly less hearing resolution than my right. They were THAT clear. It sounds like the music is emanating from the very center of your brain.

I'm not down with the ear-probe style though, I can't get used to it. These are what's up for me:

hd555mainlarge.jpg

It took me about 2 weeks to really break in my Shures. Yeah, the best way to describe it is that it feels like the music is coming from the center of your brain, it completely does away with the feeling that you're hearing somthing from your ears

Guest R@ndomH3ro

I got shures too, sound nice. I like how they just seem to close you off from the world. Back to subject. Analog is the way to go for sound, sutff just sounds better on records

Those Shures sound pretty awesome, but I can't really get into earbuds. I bought a really nice pair when I got my ipod, but I quickly decided that If I'm around the house, I want big, comfortable headphones, and if I'm out in the city, I don't want sound dampening 'cuz I want to be aware of what's going on around me. That pretty much just leaves travel, and I found out that those are bad to use on planes because of pressure changes affecting your eardrum differently.

So now I got a pair of these Audio Technica ATH Pro-5s and I fucking LOVE them. Way better than my old Sony MDR 600s, even better than the Sennheisers I had for a few years. They have outstanding sound, and they're super comfortable.

*Sorry, picture didn't work.

Guest R@ndomH3ro
Switch to 8 track, it's the new hotness.

8track_inside.JPG

Best thing to listen to Skynard on!!! WOOOO!! FREEBIRD!!