Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

An intricate string of lies. (aka: my life)

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by iloveboxcars, May 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

I am a compulsive liar. I build and build more and more lies on top of each other and each person gets a different set of lies. I lie to basically everyone (other than my ex girlfriend). For instance, I just got done convincing a friend of mine that I have OCD I am just really good at hiding it... during the time I was convincing her of my problem I started thinking of all the ways I could do subtle things to make it seem like I do, in fact, have OCD.

I guess to a certain extent I do have OCD.. I do not feel accomplished if I have not lied to someone recently. I get anxiety.. the kind of anxiety cigarettes do not cure. Sometimes I forget which lies I used on who. Sometimes I use the same basic lie but go about telling it in different ways and I forget who got which version.

A problem with the lie I mentioned earlier is sometimes, considering how much I hang out with the person who was told the lie, the lie actually becomes a part of my habits. It happens without me knowing it, and when I do realize it's too late. I understand that I already have a slight case of OCD, but if I continue with this one it will definately grow into something more serious.

I have considered telling her I was lying.. but that would be getting caught. That's another thing I "pride" myself on. I have never been caught in a lie. Sometimes it gets a little messy but I am always able to explain my way out of anything. Sometimes I can even convince myself that the lie was never actually a lie.

I just needed somewhere to write this down where no one I know from the real world will find it. Respond however you wish.

2. GucciCondom

GucciCondom Veteran Member

3. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

4. SilentBob

SilentBob Member

I knew a guy who did the exact same shit non stop. I'de meet people for the first time and they'de be like "ohh silent bob, you know ***** he told me about the time you guys did all that graffiti. Man that sounds crazy". This guy didn't even write though and would just make up these crazy stories invovling me for the hell of it. And it wasn't cos he wanted to be a writer or anything. He'de make up all kinds of crazy shit.

I think he's stoped doing this though because he's in jail atm and would probably get into to some grief for talking ish.

I think mabye it's just a cry for attention. If she's a good friend you should probably come clean.

5. synaps

synaps Senior Member

considering that you're telling us about how badly you lie ...

why should we believe you :D

6. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

what a tangled web we weave

7. iloveboxcars

I'm positive it isn't a cry for attention, I am not one to look for attention. Sometimes it's just space filler.. but most of the time I get that anxiety shit. Yeah.

8. ment2

ment2 New Jack

if it was a cry for attention it would probably be a subconsciouss one anyway though.

i think you should come clean with everyone. i recently realized how much i lie, and sort of realized how people start building the whole way they interact with people on lies... you can turn into a real scandalous person real quick. eventually you get to the point where you're jacking your friends, going behind everyones back, etc., considering people you care about expendable and in your head its all rationalized and ok, in a completely self centered way. thats sort of a different type of lying than what you're describing i guess but i could definitely see that shit happening if it hasnt allready.

9. SilentBob

SilentBob Member

Thats really strange that you get anxious if you don't lie to someone. Normally I get anxious if I have lied to someone and I have to maintain the whole thing.

Umm at the risk of sounding very 'Dr.Phil'. Do you not like yourself or something? If you get nervous because you havn't lied to someone it sort of infers your worried about being yourself infront of people.

As for space fillers. If I had nothing of interest to say in social settings, I used to make up an outlandish story and when people went "wow you did that? Holy shit! Really?"... I'de say "actually, no.. I just made it up.. but that was an exciting 10 minutes or so wasn't it?" Mabye you could try doing that instead.

10. iloveboxcars

It's completely harmless, I don't lie to people I actually care about.. it may just be a way for me to pass the time in my head.. I don't know. As for liking myself.. well, on the one hand I think I am the greatest person ever, on the other hand I think I'm a complete loser/idiot.. I don't know how to explain that.

11. SilentBob

SilentBob Member

Yeah I can relate to that double self image thing... I think alot of people have that going on.

I don't know, in saying its harmless I get the impression your kidding yourself a little. If you lie to everyone except your ex girl, that means she's the only person you care about? Thats pretty full on. Also I think what fUD said is relevant. I think most people are fundementally good. The reason they do things that are bad is because they either justify it to themselves or they are just really bitter.

I'm not accusing you of being scum or anything but it sounds like your justifying your compulsive lying to yourself. ( I think most people have done that at some point)

12. Pinup

Pinup Senior Member

So is this why the befuddled & angry send you dead cats in the mail ?

....wait. Was that true ?

13. iloveboxcars

I don't lie here because I get no satisfaction out of it.

Yeah, it did happen.

I don't lie in writing because sometimes I forget certain mundane details that will screw me over in the long run.

I probably am just justifying it to myself.. but to say the only person I care about is my ex girlfriend is not a farce at all. I grew up in a family where we all just did our own thing. I have a basic knowledge of my family members but it stops there.

And I am pretty bitter towards most people.

14. iloveboxcars

also, I don't understand where you would get the idea that my lying to people would some how get them to send me dead cats. No one, except my ex, knows I'm a compulsive liar, and she loves cats.

15. Pinup

Pinup Senior Member

fuzzy logic.
    boxcars lied to me, i think i'll send him a fuzzy dead mammal.

it could happen. this is a world where people stick plastic up their bum to let out spaghetti shaped shits.

either way, that cat story just made me laugh, and asking you whether it was true or not was a joke.
    conclusion : new ยง .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.