amtrak: whats the deal

dosoner

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the train is sweet...for about the first 4 or 5 hours, then it's like...holy fuck, i paid MORE for this, AND it's taking 15x's as long?!

you got a sleeper car or a regular seat?

i definitely vote for trying to find a girl to bang, which should be fairly easy, since girls become sluts on trains. i know that sounds ridiculous, but my ex's best friend was scared to fly, so she'd take the train cross country from cali to ny...every time she went, she'd fuck a different dude. something about the suspendid reality of being locked in the train just makes their legs fly apart like a garage door, inviting any and all strangers to come inside.

oh, and take pictures.

Originally posted by deterrent@Nov 18 2005, 08:42 AM

Play games:

Snakes and ladders

Go Fish

I see someting...

The alphabet game

If you are going alone and don't have a girlfriend, see how many

Amtacians you can fuck ugly or not all rules change on the train.

Luer them in with an offer of competitive Go Fish. Girls eat that shit up.

the reason ill be on the train in the first place, is because i dont have a girl any more, and i have to be movin on out of chicago for the time being.

seeking: i just got the regular ass seat. they wanted some crazy shit like 500 for the sleeper fuck that. it isnt much cheaper than flying i guess, but it is cheaper. 120 from chicago to the west coast. not all that bad in my oppinon, but im not a really heavy travler so i dont really know.

Originally posted by seeking@Nov 18 2005, 04:19 PM

the train is sweet...for about the first 4 or 5 hours, then it's like...holy fuck, i paid MORE for this, AND it's taking 15x's as long?!

you got a sleeper car or a regular seat?

i definitely vote for trying to find a girl to bang, which should be fairly easy, since girls become sluts on trains. i know that sounds ridiculous, but my ex's best friend was scared to fly, so she'd take the train cross country from cali to ny...every time she went, she'd fuck a different dude. something about the suspendid reality of being locked in the train just makes their legs fly apart like a garage door, inviting any and all strangers to come inside.

oh, and take pictures.

TOO TRUE.

other suggestions: its been about 8 years since i took the train from cali to ny, but i remember a) bring a blanket, the scam was they turn up the AC at night and try and con you into buying one. b) bring BOOZE, they charge a grip. c) dont get a seat near the pathway down to the smoker, some crackhead is bound too fall into your lap in the middle of the night (happened to me). d) best food on the train are whitecastle burgers (dont know if they still slang them on there.

have fun

seeking and Future Droid hit the nail on the head! A can of Budweiser is fucking $6.50... BYOB! The dining car actually has relatively good food, which is expensive but pretty worth it. Hanging out in the club car is fun and it's nice to meet a new friend sometimes. On my last Amtrak trip I was pretty disappointed with the lady situation and except for this one guy I drank with the people pretty much sucked completely.

Also, in regards to the AC, it's fucking true! They turn that shit up like crazy and when everyone complains they offer to sell you some piece of shit Scamtrak blanket for $10.00. Basically, don't be a sucker.

i don't think i've ever seen whitecastle on amtrak recently. i've taken the amtrak from richmond or washington to nyc countless times and there is a lots of good graff(or used to be). i dunno what my point was i'm drunk...

oh yeah i have taken it cross country once. took forever. lots of beautiful scenery, but a lot of boredom.