...AMNESIAC....

mental invalid

....TODAY IS THE DAY...and even though ive had it for a bit, im still busting out during lunch to buy the new radiohead lp amnesiac and support the band...this is just a friendly reminder to any fans or interested parties, cause i know the 'heads' already know and marked that shit awhile ago on the calendar...its a great album an artistic endeavor, and i cant fuckin wait to see it live, do your spirit a favor and check it out.....roe

ps- heh PULK - i know where your name is from!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by mental invalid:

....TODAY IS THE DAY...and even though ive had it for a bit, im still busting out during lunch to buy the new radiohead lp amnesiac and support the band...this is just a friendly reminder to any fans or interested parties, cause i know the 'heads' already know and marked that shit awhile ago on the calendar...its a great album an artistic endeavor, and i cant fuckin wait to see it live, do your spirit a favor and check it out.....roe

ps- heh PULK - i know where your name is from!

i dont have money nor do i think its on vinyl in the US =/

-scienxe

if more people listened to radiohead and check out some of the minds on 12oz they would be better individuals...well...maybe...enjoy the release jam - roe

definitely. i've had it for a little bit too, but i'm going to pick it up after i finish some work. why are they only doing like 3 or 4 north american shows? i need something around here. dc or new york or something. they are going to be on live at the 10 spot on mtv tonight at 10:30. i don't know if it's the old one they're showing from ok computer, that other one from around kid a's release, or if it's a new one altogether. this is what i got in my mailinglist:

MTV's Ten Spot will feature a special live Radiohead performance taped at France's Canal + this Tuesday, June 5th (in case you've forgotten the date!) Showtime is 10:30pm EST/PST. Tune in.

i think the ok computer one was from nyc, don't know where the kid a one was. but fuck it, i'll be watching no matter what.

Guest cocaine mustache

all you are a bunch of friggin' dorks.. yah let's rush out and by the newest and latest and greatest albums........ yay!

i ordered mine, by the way.

....HOLY SHIT! eatmoreglue i sending you a box of elemers classic school glue and some indutrial adheasive to chew on just for that tip...YEAH!....ive seen footage and man theyre just so fucking dope...yeah the other 10 spot one was from NYC, dope show too! the Kid A i think was the toronto show.....

beardo-OFCOURSE!

PS-i havnt forgotten about ya dood, ill let ya know soon whats up.....and yo man, by the way you def. arent to late to get tix, i thought you were out west, when you talked about red rocks, but since you aint, here ya go:

for you too GLUE and anyone else:

SOME DATES

August 9, 2001 TBA Philadelphia, PA USA Opening act: Beta Band

August 11, 2001 Bull Run Regional Park Centreville, VA USA Opening act: Beta Band

August 12, 2001 Bull Run Regional Park Centreville, VA USA Opening act: Beta Band

August 14, 2001 Suffolk Downs Boston, MA USA Opening act: Beta Band

August 16, 2001 Liberty State Park Jersey City, NJ USA Opening act: Beta Band

August 17, 2001 Liberty State Park Jersey City, NJ USA

PSPSPSPSPS-if any of you heads are going to montreal for the UNDER PRESSURE...radiohead is in town playing that nite...tix go on sale june11---im think im feelin' it, im not sure though, but i will see you all in phil, boston, and NYC for sure!!!!!!!!!-rOe

a link for those interested :http://www.greenplastic.com/

industrial adhesive...mmmmmm*homer drool* and thanks for posting those dates. i'm gonna try to go to both va shows, mebbe pa too. i need a job first ha. and yeah toronto sounds familiar for that kid a one. i gotta get find a tape to record that shit tonight.

yeah, i think the new video is pretty out-there, but i think it's cool how that dude dives all the way down to the bottom of the ocean just to sit at home and watch tv or whatever he does, and above the surface he misses all that crazy lights/stars/ufos shit. i dig it, not as much as the ok computer videos, but i dig it.

Originally posted by Secret:

I actually left my store alone for 20 minutes to go buy the CD, oooops! http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//biggrin.gif'>

The new version of Morning Bell is bangin!

NEW VERSION OF MORNING BELL ?!?!?! ::screams like a girl:: I NEED MONEY!!!!!! any news on vinyl? is there going to be a US pressing at all or do i have to pay a kagillion bucks for a fucking import? oh well. now im excited

-scienxe

i like special editions as much as the next guy, but i can't fit this book in my cd holder! ha. pretty cool though, if you haven't seen it it's a little red book and the inside is made out to look like a library book with check-out dates (past and future). if anybody else has it, do you know the significance of any of the past dates? it also has "REF: F HEIT451" on the little card thing, i guess i should check out that book and see what the deal is, i been meaning to anyways.

and if you don't know, add GooglyMinotaur to your buddylist. it's a radiohead bot with all sorts of info and trivia and shit plus buddy icons if you want em.

so any favorites yet? knives out and i might be wrong are my top two right now, that breakdown at the end of i might be wrong is something special. wow. that new morning bell freaks me out though whenever i hear it, i prefer the kid a version, but maybe this will grow on me.

Originally posted by scienxe:

NEW VERSION OF MORNING BELL ?!?!?! ::screams like a girl:: I NEED MONEY!!!!!! any news on vinyl? is there going to be a US pressing at all or do i have to pay a kagillion bucks for a fucking import? oh well. now im excited

-scienxe

i think the latter is the only option, cdnow has it for like $27. which is way too much when your broke like i am after today. i shelled out $30 for ok computer a few months back. worth it... but ouch. breakin my damn wallet.

im also a fan of the new version of morning bell, amnesiac is definetly an amazing album, second in my heart to ok computer, but i still like it more then kid A. Im really down with pyramid song and you and what army......hey since the real radiohead fans are here, i was wondering if anyone knows if they ever released that song "man-o-war", its also called "big boots", if you have seen the movie meeting people is easy, its that song they're recording at the end of the movie, any help would be appreciated, thanks

lazlo - no, it was never released. according to followmearound.com, it was played four times live, was supposed to be on some soundtrack but was ditched because of problems, and will never be recorded.

and i know beggars can't be choosers and all, but a big ole fuck you goes out to mtv for only 30 mins for the past two live radiohead shows they've aired. i know i'm even lucky to get that outta them, but come on, give up at least an hour you filthy fuckin scum, trl gets like 2 or 3 hours. you can't give up an hour for some legit music? arrrrrrg.

otherwise, i really dug the performance. today is like radiohead christmas for me http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//biggrin.gif'>

Guest HESHIANDET

i heard the album the other day and i thought it sizucked. i love radiohead though, the album as a whole was beat thugh. it had some good choperoos in it though.

.......HOLY SHIT......glue-i owe ya, BIG TYME! that shit was so beautiful, i feel weird...ya know...like i dunno...i kant form wurds at all...dood i turned that shit on at 10 and didnt see anything...all of a sudden i hear THAT VOICE and THAT GUITAR and the walls crashed in...i got that on tape....yeah!....is any one else just completely fucking inspired! i luv music, i mean music to me, ugh, wurds are suckin rite now...ive been lucky to be exposed to such a spectrum, like from miles davis-to janes addiction, but radiohead, sometimes my eyes just well up and i feel like im gonna just burst...i think i gotta see em sober or mite just completely lose my shit....how hot was you and whose army...oh man knives out...national anthem with the big band sound...walking walking walking walking walking walking walking walking walking walking walking walking walking walking walking walking walking walking walking walking walking ...i wish we could all hang out and watch that shit together...i do much better in person...and my head is just exploding faster then my fucking fingers will type....thoms voice its like sirens on shores, im lost, and its pulling me into places so dark and lite...so full of bliss and pain...guys im fuking serious here, sometymes when im listening to those points in songs like lucky and whose army, where his voice just floods me and i just black out...i cant tell what im doing where i am....true artists true musicians...i kant help but think what the fuck was i doing for so long not listeing to these guys...but ya know the universe gives it to ya when your ready and it fits....all i can really say is wow...thanks for listening.....

...i heard nothing, then i heard lite

pounding through my ears

flooding my spirit

i could not breath

could not close my eyes

could not move along roads paved by man

i could only feel

everything

drifting in out of aspects of

the universal man

of archetypes long lost with common cold remedies and doctors who only play one on tv

thrown a line, i reached for only purity

it pulled me to shore

with only my soul and skin

and all i could remeber was the sirens scream

...sorry i dont like grammer...roe

GLUE!

'REF: F HEIT451'

..i think i just figured it out!!! its farenheit 451-by ray bradbury...its the story about the government burning books to kontrol minds....f-451 is the temperture that paper begins to combust...HAHA! i guess were even? a tv tip for an answer!...whats that book about anywho?

oh and about boots lazlo, i hear fans are trying to get a movement goin for it for the santa barbara show comin up.....

.....i kant sleep.....hello, anyone? ok im goig outside to chill with full moon and soak that shit in...so happie to find radio 'heads' on the site, sweet amnesiactic dreams kiddies......roe

"I actually left my store alone for 20 minutes to go buy the CD, oooops!"

....secret...thats perfect....

"im going to a record release party in acouple hours.. i stayed home for radiohead.. and im on 12 oz.. FUCK im a fucking loser.."

...jungle...i know youre playing...so its keroauc and radiohead eh?...man ill trade places with ya...im stuck at fuking work...and if more people listened to radiohead and check out some of the minds on 12oz they would be better individuals...well...maybe...enjoy the release jam - roe

"I actually left my store alone for 20 minutes to go buy the CD, oooops!"

....secret...thats perfect....

Yep. I left exactly at 10am... that's when the whole mall opens. I should know... I work there. http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//biggrin.gif'>

Well, my brain has soaked into this album all day... "You And Whose Army?" is my favorite track on there so far....

I love the beat to "I Might Be Wrong"... I actually wish there was less Tohm Yorke and more beats on this track.

mental - i know what you're saying. not just thoms voice but when everything just clicks and it's truly amazing. lucky, let down, i might be wrong, bulletproof, how to disappear, and on and on there's just something about em that i'm like auhhh, whoa. wow. let down is my song like. yeah. i love it. and his voice towards the end when he goes "one daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay....." and then he keeps singing underneath it. that part always get me. also when listenin to the breakdown at the end of i might be wrong i just can't help but get this big ass grin on my face, and i get so excited about it. it's just perfect. people riding with me are subject to "SHHHHH! shut up shut up. listen to this!" i thought it seemed rushed on the mtv performance, but i guess i'm just so used to that little break on the album. one song i love that i hope gets on an album or bside or something one day is true love waits.

it's funny and strange, but i've had the album for weeks now and i listened to it a bit and got a feel for it, but it comes out today and i buy it and as soon as it's over i just press play again. and again and again and again. huh. and i'm listening to life in a glass house right now and that shit is jazzy awesomeness. the new morning bell is even growing on me.

time to press play again http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//biggrin.gif'>

oh and for anybody that's interested and doesn't know, check out http://www.followmearound.com/hidden/

it's a hidden guide. it's got lots of suggestions/explanations/theories about stuff on the radiohead sleeves, and things you can hear at certain points in the songs and stuf in the videos. like on the back of the ok computer they say the numbers 18576397 underneath the tracklisting and "1=2 we hope that you choke" is the exact time that ok comp was finished. 1857=18:57=6:57pm. 6397=06/3/97=march 6, 1997. they say on the dates i was talking about in the special ed. amnesiac are also on the pyramid song single, and that they are birthdays of band members, families, and other people, and the years are irrelevant. and the lyrics to airbag in the ok cpmuter sleeve are in the form of a tank "in the next world war..." there's lots more stuff there.

"...people riding with me are subject to "SHHHHH! shut up shut up. listen to this!"

-glue

...HAHAHA! totally! except sometymes they kant even speak over the music cause i play it LOUD! but im always saying that shit...by the way you should definitely get that book by ray bradbury.....

...and HESHIANDET...my CT back...i gotta be honest with you man...i was alittle surprised by your post...your a fan, but give a band like radiohead one listen....and you say it sucks...dood a band like radiohead purposely forces you to come to terms with their art, you cant like or dislike it right away...because you need to really listen and sit with it....let it swim around your head and shit...have conflict with it...you can not be complacent when you listen to them...either your active in it, or it just simply blows right by you...and thats the way they want it....no being spoon fed....do me a favor man, sit with the album again man for a while...and let me know what ya think....peace-roe

and

Guest beardo

i cant stop listening to it. doods got snubbed for the grammy when OKC came out.. this one better get it.

this version of morning bell is the most captivating song i've heard in a looong time.

Guest HESHIANDET

mental,

i'll take back what i said. i was stressed driving the car fighting w/ crazy sixers fans trying to get home when i heard it. upon further listening it is beutiful in its complexitys...(how about that?)

Archived