AMESBOOK

ames

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i wanna stop being suck an ass, so i'll help out here:

1- dont outline your tags, it defeats the whole purpose of a tag. and practice with round letters, it gives more ideas and looks better too. i dunno why all these newbs always think graffit has stick letters with arrows.

2- work on letter structure, maybe you think youre past this or something, but letter structure is what its all about. like posted in every other thread, use the letters from your keyboard, download some fonts and play with them, draw them do whatever it takes till you feel yove mastered them and you can move on to more complex letters. most of this refers to the 2nd drawing.

3- theres nothing to say about that 3rd picture.. its alright, i like it, i dont see any letters in it though.

4- sorry to say, but those fingers look like garbage. work on the letter structure, dont make some bars thicker than others, make them ABOUT the same size, im not saying they should be perfect.

5- same rule applys here, dont make some bars thicker than others and make all the letters relatively the same height, dont let it slope down. i like that character though. :)

6- once again, im sorry, but that picture just looks like fresh ass.

a: letters are too skinny for me

b: letters are too square.

c: not very rounded.

overall, youre ALRIGHT for a newb, i cant lie, i started out the same way, but practice makes perfect

some suggustiosn are to look through the battle thread, and other users threads, and look through the throwie thread for ideas. the throwies thread pulled through for me all the time.

and oh yeah, those pants are a little too tight. : /

Originally posted by earo 35@Jan 5 2005, 03:08 PM

i wanna stop being suck an ass, so i'll help out here:

1- dont outline your tags, it defeats the whole purpose of a tag. and practice with round letters, it gives more ideas and looks better too. i dunno why all these newbs always think graffit has stick letters with arrows.

2- work on letter structure, maybe you think youre past this or something, but letter structure is what its all about. like posted in every other thread, use the letters from your keyboard, download some fonts and play with them, draw them do whatever it takes till you feel yove mastered them and you can move on to more complex letters. most of this refers to the 2nd drawing.

3- theres nothing to say about that 3rd picture.. its alright, i like it, i dont see any letters in it though.

4- sorry to say, but those fingers look like garbage. work on the letter structure, dont make some bars thicker than others, make them ABOUT the same size, im not saying they should be perfect.

5- same rule applys here, dont make some bars thicker than others and make all the letters relatively the same height, dont let it slope down. i like that character though. :)

6- once again, im sorry, but that picture just looks like fresh ass.

a: letters are too skinny for me

b: letters are too square.

c: not very rounded.

overall, youre ALRIGHT for a newb, i cant lie, i started out the same way, but practice makes perfect

some suggustiosn are to look through the battle thread, and other users threads, and look through the throwie thread for ideas. the throwies thread pulled through for me all the time.

and oh yeah, those pants are a little too tight. : /

Now that Earo just wrote a fuckin rule book, basically just take your time and practice more before you start a thread for yourself. An idea to get criticism is to post in the TOYS POST HERE THREAD hence the name. Save your sketches and start a thread later on to show progression and to receive further credit! ;)