Ameritrade

the_gooch

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by the_gooch

does anyone use this service or any other online trading service?

i am looking to get in on something that can potentially blow up hard and dont want to pay a broker fee cause i am cheap.

I don't fuck with stocks no more. They were too risky, so I deal with safer more reliable investments with steady dividends per month.

I used to have Sharebuilder, which is pretty good. Ameritrade has slightly better features but is more expensive. And Scottrade is probably the cheapest. The thing about Scottrade is that they have offices all around the USA, so you can go to them in person if you'd like. The thing is Ameritrade requires you to put a few thousand dollars in the Money Market account whereas Sharebuilder doesn't require you to put any. And I'm not sure about Scottrade.

The three I listed are probably best in regards to all-around price and quality service. I'm sure you can find some cheaper but with shitty service. I would consider E-Trade the best and most reliable service wise, but it's also among the most expensive. And I believe you have to sign up by putting a minimum of $10,000 down in the Money Market account.

But I can't think of one online broker that won't have you pay a broker fee.

Originally posted by the_gooch

thank you Aloysius.

what is the minimum you need to open an account? i heard like 2g's?

I haven't fucked with stocks for a while but if my memory serves me correctly, yeah Ameritrade requires 2,000. Sharebuilder doesn't require that you put any money in. If you're interested in penny stocks, Ameritrade has those. They're riskier, but if you hit, then expect some mad cash flow.

TD Waterhouse is who I use. A friends dad is a financial advisor for them, so it was a matter of trust that I chose them.

I'm in for the long run with some mutual funds and slow growth stock, but if I can get in with something that doesn't require a large inital investment I might just throw a few hundred in just to fuck around with.

Sorta like online gambling, but with research!

I use AMeritrade. I don't know if there's is a minimum. BUt if you spread out your investments between mutual funds and stocks it should work to your liking (if you are smart). I tried day trading on there once... buying and selling often, but that was a few years ago when the market crashed. I lost a grip but learned a valuale lesson. Invest mainly for the long term.

and like effyoo said... i will jump on some stocks for a few days if the perfect opportunity presents itself. and i've been doing quite nice latley!!! made almost a G yesterday/today on BRCM and just sold before coming on here.

Archived