Americans Vs Canadians

se_FOUR

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the canada vs. america thing? sometimes americans (i'm not saying all) come across as ignorant about their neighbor to the north. for example in junior high we had to learn all 50 states and their capitals and i'm sure most americans can't name all ten provinces, let alone their capitals.

it seems like every couple of months there is a story on the news exploring this issue, and the conclusion they come to is that americans don't respect canada. what i mean by that is whether we like it or not we're the US of A's little brother. we live in the same house but you don't really acknowledge our existence except when you need something.

let the debate begin....

Originally posted by effyoo

what i mean by that is whether we like it or not we're the US of A's little brother. we live in the same house but you don't really acknowledge our existence except when you need something.

your like our little adopted red head we keep in the attic. the only reason we got you was for your wood and syrup. we don't really like you. your prime minister looks funny when he talks. then we let you outta the attic one time and you go and sue us for dropping a little bomb on some of you guys. weak.

ya know how there's those two friends that always make fun of each other? they've maybe even ended up on the ground wrestling a few times, but in the end they get up and give each other a hug? and when they egt drunk they're the best friends in the world? that's what the US and Canada are like...

except the US always wins the wrestling matches...

Originally posted by ..oX..

seems like canada tries to be America, but then gets pissed if you compare it. you cant really deny they bite the steez. if you want to be considered different, BE different.

i dont really think the people reflect that though now that i think about it. the industries and shit are all american-style but the people want to be their own thing, am i right? someone tell me.

well, i think that canadians in general just want to be recognized as a separate country, not the 51st state. i mean the US is the biggest on the block, so what you say goes in regards to culture and economics.

1.)"seems like canada tries to be America, but then gets pissed if you compare it." --- we live next door to the largest exporter of culture in the world, how can we not be influenced. as gay as it sounds, we are your little brother.

2.) "the industries and shit are all american-style"

yes, because america is the ruler of capitalism, and capitalism = $$$ and dollars = a nice lifestyle. the US is the largest economy on earth and something like 80% of canadian exports go straight to the US. so we like your style.

Semantics

Well, you know, if you want to get technical , the term "Americans" includes both the Canadians AND THE MEXICANS TOO. "North America" extends clear to the border of Guatemala, the northern boundary of "Central America." And of course, here in Texas, forty per cent of our population speaks Spanish at home. We got the righteous claim to "multi-cultural", and that ain't no shit.

The reason I'm on with the Canadians is because of a Canadian hitch-hiker I picked up and bedded back in 1970. Fed the girl breakfast, too. Bitch gave me a righteous case of trichomonas and I didn't even get no booty. She's probably a grandmother in Ontario right now. She sure was pretty, and I loved that accent, eh?

Nevertheless, I hold a grudge. I still have a soft spot for Canadian girls, though. And Player's cigarettes.

Originally posted by Pistol

The only thing worse than Canadians is those fucking snaggletooth british.

hahaha, considering your diet consists of pancakes and coke you need to look a bit closer to home boy FATBOY...And being known as the thickest country on planet earth...It`s a shame we gave you the English language bro, cos then I wouldn`t understand the shit that comes out your mouth..

Get in your freakin mini go eat some spotted dick and smoke a fag.

damn spotted dick, my grandad loves that shit..We sold off the mini to the fucking Germans..I prefer one of those sporty black range rovers with some nice alloys..

It's been over 200 years. The British up for another ass whooping session?

Far from it mate, we was fighting a war that was thousand of miles away, supplies to ages to get there..If you was closer it would have been a totally different outcome..And anyway the British soldiers was fighting against a lot of English Scottish settlers anyway..You just hate cos we burn`t down your whitehose, hahahaha..

Originally posted by se_FOUR

Eh?

stop trying to act canadian just because we are more sympathetic to our pathetic northern neighbors.

btw a france thread would be fun later. actually if we started making fun of them in this thread would be better.

till tommarow.

stop trying to act canadian just because we are more sympathetic to our pathetic northern neighbors.

btw a france thread would be fun later. actually if we started making fun of them in this thread would be better.

till tommarow.

edited sonny..come back..

Originally posted by GLASS*ETCH

yeah, dont pick on the british...its not their fault snaggletooths is the inherent qaulity in the gene pool.

yeah you tell em "G" not that i`ve ever noticed this..I admit my Grandad`s teeth have almost all gone but hey he`s 85..Mine are perfect whitie`s thank you very much..

Guest --zeSto--

just FYI...

there's a HUGE canadian population in Hollywood.

There's lots of people who you wouldn't even suspect.

In fact... most television shows made in the studio system

have canadian dialog. Simply because... Y'all doesn't cut it on TV.

Because the canadian voice is closer to colloquial english,

it sounds more 'proper' to the average viewer.

There's allways been a divide between 'north and south' in the states.

The common misconception is that the North is better educated and

of a higher social class then the south simply because their accent is

closer to the british sound.

rant rant...

Archived