American Sports...why football (soccer to you) will never catch in the US

Guest imported_Tesseract

Guest imported_Tesseract

After replying in Boogies thread about ad money and the evil that media do i realised something.

Football(soccer) will never succeed in the states for one reason, its not ad friendly. A football game lasts 90 minutes and divides in two halfs (each 45 min) the break in between is about 15 minutes and thats the only ad time there is to a match. After seeing lots of American sports in satelite transmition i realised that all your games have a brake every 5 minutes or so that is used for ads...

So there is no way american media will ever support football in a large national scale just because its not as profitable as the other games.

Thats all

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today: UEFA Champions league, Manchester United VS Olympiakos

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

football (soccer) is the bane of my existence. every time there is a match on i have to wade my way through the countless drunk pieces of human shit that come out on the streets, or have to put up with their singing and chanting in the street below my apartment. it is reeeallly annoying

the rest of the world calls it footbal, futebol, futbol, what have you...as it should be ......but here were so dumb we had to call it soccer, because our football is different (in that you use your hands mostly, but its called football)....so as you can see we got it all backwards...

still, i think soccer is a good sport

apparently soccer or european football is the fastest growing sport in canada right now. i dont believe it, but maybe it was just due to the world cup fever. i hope soccer doesent catch on in the us. its just not american. its the same as american football will never catch on in europe. and i hope it never does.

as for hockey........ well you euros seem to enjoy it, but just cant do it like we canadians can. you yanks cant do it like us either. then again we cant do soccer like the euros can. what the fuck am i saying. i dont know.

Originally posted by 768186

the rest of the world calls it footbal, futebol, futbol, what have you...as it should be ......but here were so dumb we had to call it soccer, because our football is different (in that you use your hands mostly, but its called football)....so as you can see we got it all backwards...

still, i think soccer is a good sport

its ok, we all know your "different".....lol

Guest --zeSto--

ok guys... it's a really simple concept... SPLIT SCREEN !

durringthe world cup over here they'd still run commercials,

but it would only take 1/3 of the screen and the game would continue

in the other box. Plus they have this EVIL technology that they use

to paint logos on to the turf of football games while they wait for a play.

Luckily soccer moves around too fast to sit on 1 framing that long.

GOOOAAAAALLLLLl !

Originally posted by sneak

^^damn right!

anyone see the arsenal game?

Roooooooney! Rooooooney!! That guy is fucking class. 16??! Christ, that's younger than my brother........

North Americans have a completely different approach to viewing sports as the rest of the world. To them it's more of a social event, it's not about the sport. There is just no passion. People go and talk about their day, how their kids are doing in school, with occasional pauses to cheer aimlessly when someone scores. American Football is the only thing that comes semi close to soccer games, and even that's a dumbed down user friendly version. When you go to a soccer game, it's intense, sometimes you even fear whether or not you're going to walk out without getting the shit kicked out of you or even killed. It's great.

:king:

Guest uncle-boy

hmmmmm....

that really is weird, seeing that soccer (football) is like the most popular sport for kids in america to play. AYSO is huge, but professional soccer in the US isnt.

i really dont care, i dont watch much of any sport on tv. only time i get hyped is when i have a chance to actually go to a game.

i love soccer its fun, when i was younger i had a chance to go to japan with the hawaii team to compete in some big tounement. i didnt go cause i parents couldnt afford it.:(

Guest imported_Tesseract

You're oversimplifying it and you know it....read what zesto wrote, note that in europe the worldcup was full screen ....and come to a conclusion

anyways you're hating on me on media issues:) but thats ok

A way to ruin a good friendship is to talk nasty about football....ninja please

Guest --zeSto--

hey.. it's only went to the split screen for 30 seconds every 5 minutes.

It's not like I missed seing the americans get ousted.

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

To them it's more of a social event, it's not about the sport. There is just no passion. People go and talk about their day, how their kids are doing in school, with occasional pauses to cheer aimlessly when someone scores.

shhiiiiiiittttttt.....dont know about you but when BOXING comes on my ass is glued to the tv only to get beer and/or take a piss.....boxing is bad ass......nuthin lik it....disappointed in the vargas and de la hoya fight.....you know that vargas tested positive for steriods...tsk tsk tsk

the US is going to kick your british asses in the next world cup and then your gonna have to pretend you never liked soccer that much and rely on cricket as your sport of choice. haha. lets face it, us "yanks" will find a way to spoil soccer too eventually. i mean hell, we kicked your asses in the revolutionary war, and no one thought that would happen either. fuckin redcoats.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by footsoldier

the US is going to kick your british asses in the next world cup and then your gonna have to pretend you never liked soccer that much and rely on cricket as your sport of choice.

dude, i'm not even british but...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

YOU'RE FUNNY

:lol:

Guest imported_Tesseract

Now if you excuse me i got a match to watch....manchester united kicking the shit out of some greek dudes:rolleyes:.....

full screen and no ads...the beer is cold

Originally posted by footsoldier

the US is going to kick your british asses in the next world cup and then your gonna have to pretend you never liked soccer that much and rely on cricket as your sport of choice. haha. lets face it, us "yanks" will find a way to spoil soccer too eventually. i mean hell, we kicked your asses in the revolutionary war, and no one thought that would happen either. fuckin redcoats.

ahahaha........ahahaha................ha..............ahaha

whatever

Archived