American Soldier Mocks Iraqi Child (with funny ass pic)

GamblersGrin

http://electroniciraq.net/news/1444.shtml

2 April 2004 -- The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) today called for a Pentagon investigation of a photograph circulating on the Internet that apparently shows an American soldier mocking an Iraqi child.

The photo sent to CAIR seems to be of an American soldier standing next to two Iraqi children who are giving the thumbs-up sign. One child holds a hand-lettered sign in English that reads: "Lcpl Boudreaux killed my Dad, th(en) he knocked up my sister!" ("Knocked up" is American slang for making someone pregnant out of wedlock.)

See: http://www.cair-net.org/images/lcpl11.jpg for larger image.

"If the United States Army is seeking to win the hearts and minds of the Iraqi people, this is the wrong way to accomplish that goal," said CAIR Executive Director Nihad Awad. "Defense Department officials must take action to let military personnel know that such offensive behavior harms America's image and will not be tolerated."

Awad said CAIR has also received an anonymous letter from a soldier who recently returned from Iraq that claims a commanding officer engaged in inappropriate conduct with prepubescent Iraqi girls. The letter states that the officer, who was named by the writer, referred to the girls as "pre-rag heads" and coerced local Iraqi leaders to provide them in exchange for protection by American soldiers. (The officer's military unit was also named in the letter.)

The letter-writer indicated revulsion at the officer's alleged actions. He or she wrote: "The thought of all this makes me sick to my stomach. I am afraid to bring this to anyone in the Army, because I am doubtful that they would believe a soldier over the Battalion Commander."

"These reports point to a disturbing pattern of behavior that needs to be addressed by our military," said Awad.

CAIR, America's largest Islamic civil liberties group, has consistently condemned all terrorist acts, whether carried out by individuals, groups or states.

http://www.cair-net.org/images/lcpl11.jpg'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuck CAIR! I bet every member of CAIR badmouths America’s western ways all the time. Muslims are like that. If you ain’t muslim, you’re an infidel *that must be killed. That’s it.

That’s a hilarious picture. I posted it in a thread before, and people thought it was tasteless.

:lol: I dont think he was trying to damage our rep at all..That soldier is probably against the war anyway..I know a few soldiers who just returned from Iraq they're are all against the war...It's funny that anyone in the Government could get pissed about that..Since they are the ones who order soldiers to kill in the first place..Fucking retards..:lol:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0419042iraq1.html

from the smoking gun-

APRIL 19--A soldier has told Marine officials that an offensive photo of him in Iraq has been doctored, leading his commanders to ask Navy criminal investigators to examine the authenticity of the picture, which has been widely circulated on the Internet. The image being examined purportedly shows Lance Cpl. Ted J. Boudreaux Jr. posing for a photo with two Iraqi children while holding a sign claiming that he had killed one boy's father and "knocked up" the child's sister. Boudreaux, a 24-year-old Marine reservist whose New Orleans-based infantry unit was deployed in Iraq from last May to September, has told superiors that the snapshot "has been altered from the original," according to a statement released this afternoon by Marine Forces Reserve officials. As a result, Boudreaux's superiors are "retaining the assistance of the Naval Criminal Investigative Service" to "conduct a thorough and complete investigation" of the questioned image, a copy of which you'll find below. In the picture--which came to the attention of military brass last month--Boudreaux and two unwitting boys are seen smiling and flashing the thumbs-up sign for the cameraman, who has not been identified. It is unclear how--or why--the photo got into circulation, or who might have Photoshopped the image.

photoshopped...is that the only excuse you need to get out of a compromising photo these days? (the picture is still funny bc its real like nomad said)

Originally posted by LENS

It would have been a way cooler photo if they were posing over the body of some dirtbag insurgent fanatic.

or if the soldier was standing with one foot on those little kids dead father and their pregnant sister was standing by him holding up a sign saying: "I swallowed". tee hee hee.

:lol:

no offense to you guys, but you're all fucking jackasses. the ONLY reason this is funny, is because it show's just exactly how fucking stupid we are in america.

and weapon x,

i beg to differ. i've known plenty of muslims who have been cool ass people. dudes that have thrown down for me, because another muslim was talking shit to me.

Originally posted by seeking

no offense to you guys, but you're all fucking jackasses. the ONLY reason this is funny, is because it show's just exactly how fucking stupid we are in america.

and weapon x,

i beg to differ. i've known plenty of muslims who have been cool ass people. dudes that have thrown down for me, because another muslim was talking shit to me.

thank you

Originally posted by seeking

i beg to differ. i've known plenty of muslims who have been cool ass people.

Yeah, I know plenty of cool muslims, too. I was referring to Islam in general. I don’t want to get into the whole thing of things, since I already ranted on this subject in the thread about people being dumb a while ago. Saudi Arabia and friends are practicing Manifest Destiny just like the US is. One might not hear about here, but go to India and read the news and you’ll see. I really don’t have a problem with muslims in general, but damn, their people are trying like hell to take over. I’ll try and search so I can quote that longwinded rant I went on.

One of the most attractive girls I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing and laying my blessed eyes upon is muslim. That has nothing to do with anything, I was just thinking of her and thought she should get a shout.

Originally posted by Weapon X

Saudi Arabia and friends are practicing Manifest Destiny just like the US is.

this man knows about american history. i applaude you sir.

manifest destiny

n.

1. A policy of imperialistic expansion defended as necessary or benevolent.

2. often Manifest Destiny The 19th-century doctrine that the United States had the right and duty to expand throughout the North American continent.

another term that is associated with manifest destiny is...

divine right

n. The doctrine that monarchs derive their right to rule directly from God and are accountable only to God

i believe it was presidents jackson, monroe, and roosevelt who put this term into use. we had a right to defend the "western hemisphere" in our national interest. he used it as a reason why the united states has the right to expand west, therefor taking the land from indians and also why we should take islands in the carribean. bc it was in the security interest of the united states, we were bound by god to protect our state by whatever means neccassary.

here is a definition from an ecyclopedia...

belief held by many Americans in the 1840s that the United States was destined to expand across the continent, by force, as used against Native Americans, if necessary. The controversy over slavery further fueled expansionism, as the North and South each wanted the nation to admit new states that supported its section's economic, political, and slave policies. By the end of the 19th cent., this belief was used to support expansion in the Caribbean and the Pacific.

sorry to rant, but facts are facts.

Originally posted by Weapon X

Yeah, I know plenty of cool muslims, too. I was referring to Islam in general... Saudi Arabia and friends are practicing Manifest Destiny just like the US is.

you can't refer to such a widely dispersed religion in generalizations. thats like refering to all christians, when discussing the evils of the conservative christians. who i might ad, are little better than their taliban counterparts, and just a couple hundred years ago were burning women alive for no particular reason.

i fail to see your point about saudi arabia. you're comparing them as equals and following the same course of action that we are...ok, i'll agree, we're both self serving pieces of shit, willing to destroy the rest of the world in an effort to get what we want, but what does that prove? other than we don't hold a monopoly on evil, of course.

Seeking, I know it’s hard to debate my point when I’m being so vague and unintelligent. What I know is that the Christians aren’t dismantling Hindu and Buddhist temples, or converting them to churches the way the Muslims are dismantling them or converting them to mosques. No, it’s not just the Taliban peeps that are taking down thousands year old structures. The supposedly non-extreme muslim people in Bangladesh and Pakistan are punishing, sometimes killing hindus for dressing in their traditional garb. This is literally acceptable practice in those countries (more so in Bangladesh, from what my father and his friends were telling me when they were drinking Schotch at my house). What do the hindus in India do to them? Nothing. They let them worship whoever they want, dress in whatever they want. It’s sickening that they haven’t modernized, so to speak, to keep the world happy. Sure, the Christians were burning people and all that jazz, but I don’t see them doing that now. Maybe if Pat Robertson was in power, muslims would be getting burned at the stake, but he’s not. Let’s face it, Islamic people are not peace lovers. For real, a certain amount of respect towards one’s neighbours should be shown.

Then again, what do I know. Maybe George Bush Sr. is a Christian fundamentalist who wanted to start a Crusade of his own, under the guise of getting oil and destroying terrorists and such and such.

Archived