America Says 'Sorry'

RumPuncher

http://www.sorryeverybody.com

Some of us -- hopefully most of us -- are trying to understand and appreciate the effect our recent election will have on you, the citizens of the rest of the world. As our so-called leaders redouble their efforts to screw you over, please remember that some of us -- hopefully most of us -- are truly, truly sorry. And we'll say we're sorry, even on the behalf of the ones who aren't.

I am pleasantly surprised at and slightly inundated by the volume of submissions! This site is still sort of in alpha, but rest assured we will work out the kinks and get everyone's pictures up. I have also posted some rough submission guidelines.

I've also received a bit of hate mail. I would lampoon these people publicly, but the type of person who sends hate mail to a website is generally too easy of a target. Anyway, hate mail is how you know you've made it. Keep it coming, guys.

alexsorry.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i'm just wondering how many people who say sorry actually walk the walk. We can blame Bush for all this global imperialism, but do you still drive a car using the oil that he's killing people for? are you still buying products that are excessive and we essentially don't need, produced by raping third world countries' natural resources and labor? How many americans are living off an economy based on weapons manufacturing?

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have Kerry in office, but don't you think our consumption habits that we're all born and raised into are more directly related to the devastation of the planet, than simply the guy in charge?

Originally posted by DripOfAWish@Nov 5 2004, 04:51 PM

... but do you still drive a car using the oil that he's killing people for? are you still buying products that are excessive and we essentially don't need, produced by raping third world countries' natural resources and labor?

that was the case long before bush (senior) and will be the case long after.

Originally posted by DripOfAWish@Nov 5 2004, 04:51 PM

i'm just wondering how many people who say sorry actually walk the walk. We can blame Bush for all this global imperialism, but do you still drive a car using the oil that he's killing people for? are you still buying products that are excessive and we essentially don't need, produced by raping third world countries' natural resources and labor? How many americans are living off an economy based on weapons manufacturing?

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have Kerry in office, but don't you think our consumption habits that we're all born and raised into are more directly related to the devastation of the planet, than simply the guy in charge?

i don't want to sound selfrighteous, but i think about this everytime i get on my bike.

i haven't had a car in about two years now, and i'm still resisting the pressure to get one (from my parents)

i also work in a research university.

i'm not gaining, to the contrary, i'm endangered by the badministration

i recently joined the sierra club.. haha that sounds weird to me... and i've made several political donations in the past 6 months even though i can't afford it.

putting my money where my mouth is will always be a priority.

i think it's very important for each individual to look at how their life is affecting others on the planet..

that's great that you're putting your money where your mouth is. i do my best. i got rid of my car, and i walk everywhere now. keeps me and the planet in better health.

i also refuse to own a bunch of uselless shit, in fact i despise people who think they're important because of their lincoln navigator, their gucci sunglasses, and their prada bag, not only for their shallow personality, but destruction it has on humanity.

the thing is, i still feel as if i consume too much.

i wouldn't feel honest writing a token apology to people i've never met, when the problem goes deeper than my dumbass president

It's important to have a realist understanding of you ecological footprint. I learned from my Mom a long time ago that it is possible to live without being taxing on the resources around you. The first step is to live near where you work and near where you play.

Other things are really simple -

- dont make more food than you can eat unless you're planning one making leftovers for a second meal.

- see how much trash you throw out and try to throw out less next week.

- rideshare, car pool or take transit.

The issue however is that people associate 'public transit' and even 'walking' with poverty.

People figure you're walking because you cant afford to drive.

you know what... fuck the Joneses.

Thanks to all you dudes that are making an effort not to be wasteful here.

I've only been in the states for like about 3 months, and I cant get over how friggin wasteful most of you guys are.

everytime im putting my tray away at the cafeteria i see all the plates of uneaten pizza and stuff people waste thinking: "man there are some kids back in Nicaragua that would kill for that cold pizza, or even that half eaten sandwich."

keep up the good work and hopefully you guys can set an example.

Originally posted by <KEY3>@Nov 5 2004, 02:42 PM

The issue however is that people associate 'public transit' and even 'walking' with poverty.

People figure you're walking because you cant afford to drive.

its true what you say, but at the same time, sometimes people feel their time is more important than taking transit.

for example, it will take me 10 to 15 minutes to drive to work, but if i decide to take the bus (which I have been doing lately), it will take at least 45 minutes to an hour PLUS time walking to the stop and waiting for the bus. if you do that both ways you're looking at 2.5 hours per day versus 30 minutes driving.

even the thriftiest of people will say that if you have things to do, driving is the better option in my case.

yes, time is money.

but when i rode a lot of mass transit, i found stuff to do that made that time useful.

i read for school and leisure, listened to music, did a crossword, ate lunch etc.

it's hard to write and draw on a bus, but you can do it on a train.

just a thought.

My commute to work is 30-45 minutes depending on how good of shape I'm in, weather and traffic lights.

My drive time is between 15-20 minutes.

I only live 8.5 miles from work and mainly drive to and from there. I take the bike for as many errands as possible, but the city I live in has a ton of sprawl.

see for me the absolute fastest way to get to work is by Taxi.

It's a $5 ride and I can catch a cab in front of my house at any

hour of the day. the next fastest is by Bike which is under 10

minutes door to door. Then transit at about 20 (for the walking

and the waiting) and then simple walking which is 25 min top with a coffee stop.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by elleacious@Nov 5 2004, 10:19 PM

did the site get hacked or something? because it's a domain advertisement.

if you're sorry show some tits..the world will appreciate it