AMELIE.

soopafeen

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hahah..what a shmuck..you start a thread on an incredible movie about its subtitles!

Seriously..I was in love with this movie..Still am..Im waiting to see delicatessen..But City of lost children is also one of my all time favorites..Their movies are so poetic and have just a wonderful feel to them..A few french friends have told me about an up roar in europe over the film..How alot of activists and bored people consider the film fascist..Because it portrays paris as this perfect place..

I disagree..We need more films like amelie..Something that makes you smile at the screen..

Guest imported_Tesseract

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/miramax_films/amelie/audrey_tautou/ameliepre2.jpg'>

Wow! i really hope she looked like that in the movie and not like that shy neo hippie:D anyways, stupid french are the shit when talked by french girls...by the way, mathiu Kassovits is the director of 'La Haine' HATE...dope fuckin movie

Originally posted by VANDALISTIKO

best movie ever

the love story between the big guy and the little girl reminded me of "the professional" that movie with the young natalie portman. incredible stuff, go buy the dvd to watch it in english. [/b]

Exactly! They are so similiar in feeling..The Professional is another one of my all time favorite films..after seeing it I then decided that Jean Reno was in fact my new dad..

http://www.reelartgallery.com/photographs/reno_j.jpg'>

Originally posted by crackatinnie

yep love the movie. i want to touch that chick so badly. shes hot. the best bit is when they introduce the characters at the begining.

"the only thing he likes doing.... is popping bubble wrap"

fuck yeah, Audrey Tatou is seriously beautiful, and yes Amelie is a fucking rad movie, it's like the only romance movie that hasn't made me nauseous.

Guest BROWNer

boogaloo, i watched that on 'shrooms when i was 18.

i never laughed so hard in my life for a sustained period

of time......the next day i could barely move i was so sore

from laughing. i should it rent now...

I just bought the DVD and I could watch it over and over - and I cry every time. I think I want the soundtrack. And French is a beautiful language, so even if you can't read, you can listen to the sound of the speech. Audrey Toutou was the perfect lady for Amelie.

I love this movie! And all his others. I even liked Alien Resurrection at least for how stylized it was.

This thread must go back to the top. bump for Jean Pierre Jeunet.

Guest --zeSto--

oh man...

this movie is just incredible!

(the part with the blind man is too good!)

and you know what.... The French have a long history of making really really good cinema.

They dont churn out the hollywood crap. They actually make movies the way it should be done.

Archived