am i the only one who wants to slap the shit out of indy record store clerks?

boogie hands

i swear, these people have to be in the top ten for the most pretentious assholes on earth. every time i walk into one of the places its like a store full of gay french waiters with bed head and extra small thrift store clothes. is there a general concensus on this or am i just an asshole who doesnt like skinny kids in sonic youth tshirts.....

http://images.xuvetyn.com/douglas.jpg'>

"oh my god guys....look at this guy that just pulled up with his combed hair and properly fitting clothes....what an asshole....i bet he cant even stay up till four in the morning listening to morrisy because he has to get up early to go to work....ppppssshhhhh....so anyway, like i was on make out club the other night talking to this girl who went on tour with superchunk and she was telling me how she spent the weekend crying in her room because blahblahblah.......im a pussy"

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest im not witty

thats too funny,

you forgot to mention the older sensible yet still pretentious indy rock store owners, like the ones i got here. these guys are pricks. they also sell skate shit and have a box and 1/4 pipe out back, but dont want anyone to use them. so homeless dudes sleep on them. poofaces.

i like being an asshole back and calling them gay and big closet pussies with their fag euro jeans to their face.

i dont look like i should be in those stores, so i always get the bad looks, then they realise im ten times the asshole they try to be.

Originally posted by boogie hands

"oh my god guys....look at this guy that just pulled up with his combed hair and properly fitting clothes....what an asshole....i bet he cant even stay up till four in the morning listening to morrisy because he has to get up early to go to work....ppppssshhhhh....so anyway, like i was on make out club the other night talking to this girl who went on tour with superchunk and she was telling me how she spent the weekend crying in her room because blahblahblah.......im a pussy"

haha do another one!

Guest railroadjerk

hey boogie, in 7th grade i was a skinny kid in a sonic youth tshirt...you hate me? haha

seriously though, the secret to indie stores is buying an obscure record (one you like) and bullshit with the dude about it, from then on youre fucking vip in his little superficial music world...

next time buy something that starts in THE or ends in PROJECT or THEORY, youre gold!

:)

i collect records and i have that hair, and let me tell you, it aint always easy to get that messed bed head look. girlies are always running their hands through it. its like an invitation: touch me. i dont wear super tight clothes though. pizza is good too. i'm gonna go take a shower

Yeah

But I've had the opposite problem - I went into B-boy (the hiphop shop, predictably.....) I was all gothed out. This bitch graff groupie toy runs the place and all the paint is behind the counter. When I asked to buy some cans I got this FILTHY look and "why?!?".

- Oh I AM sorry ma'am, I just thought I'd follow your example and use the paint as a prop, and suck writer cock..........

I HATE THAT!!!

Archived