Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

am i retard?(mac html question)

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by mental invalid, Mar 21, 2003.

1. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

dont answer that........

can someone please explain to me how the fuck do i hand edit and code html on a mac????

again i ask the question am i a retard????

i mean is there a basic way like with a PC, view source, in notepad, make changes and then click save, refresh and BANG changes made!!

it cant be this hard!!

"hello, my name is roe, and im a disgruntled marketing employee, and im NOT switching to a mac"

ps...i dont want a WYSIWYG!!

2. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

ClarisWorks or Apple Works should have some kind of HTML code.

Otherwise.... get the source code, edit in simple text, save as text, open with your browser. bingo!

3. mental invalid

see dood thats exactly it.....i viewed the source....copied it to appleworks made the changes, saved it as HTML and then when i opened the file in IE all i saw was the code....WTF...or when i just open the actually HTML page in works, all i see is the actual page, aligned right! WTF

i tried typing in simpletext into the help function to see where it was, and nothing came up.....

help!

4. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

erase your harddrive.

Get a PC.

5. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

"word up home slice"

6. Brief cameo appearance from sunny PR...

Dude, there MUST be SimpleText somewhere on your Mac. Don't look for it in the help section, look for it with Sherlock or whatever system finding tool you have. There should be multiple copies of it in random places.

If not, try saving the AppleWorks file as a text file but with an html extension. Maybe when you save as an html file in AppleWorks it generates NEW html so that whatever you typed looks the way it is on a browser.

Finally, if you have Netscape, you have Composer, which is an html editor. Back to beer and hammocks,

El Mamerro

7. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

did you have to throw that^ in there?

8. *places Corona down, gets off hammock, stretches and breathes fresh tropical air, walks over to computer, sits down, replies:

Yeah.

9. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

come on dude, that's not nice.

ps-its cold and raining like a mothersnozzle here..too bad i don't have
    a transporter module.

10. mental invalid

yeah seeking said i should ask mams.....

fucking a ill give it another whirl tomorrow.....

coronas on the beach......bastard.....but here is a JP for your help man....

:jpotato:

awesome....

11. dork

dork Member

hahahaha

12. If it makes you feel any better, I've got some sort of throat/chest infection that has me coughing up phlegm so solid it bounces off things. Hopefully these antibiotics work quickly and I'll be able to resume drinking soon.

Any luck, Roe?

13. skunkjuice

skunkjuice New Jack

seriously, just get BBEDIT Here.
    "a high-performance HTML & text editor for the Macintosh".

14. mental invalid

yes!

although not to raise my hopes....cause all i had time to do this weekend was just do a search using the sherlock finder or whatever the hell it is....i did not find "simple text" per say, but i did find simple text docs that i can just resave and use as a template....also i did find netscape as well as that editor....we just started with AOL so i never bothered to look for netscape.....so im gonna get cracking on it tonite....

so big up to mams and everyone else.....good lookin out...good luck with that whooping cough dood, sounds rough....

skunk, ill try that link later, thanks though.......

on a side note, does apple have a listing for user errors??? like what they are regarding too....i get one sometimes with my the cd burner, did the reinstall but still getting it, and there is no info on it....

thanks

15. skunkjuice

skunkjuice New Jack

right here.