Am I Being Scammed?

I.C.Shadow

I need room mates.

I live in Boston.

I threw up an ad on Craigslist and got the strangest response ever.

"I got your message concerning the room , and i will really apreciate it if i can get the room from you.Let me know the bills per month and also to know the method of payment you would prefer ....am 23 years old female presently in the uk ..Try to get me th

e pictures of the room so i can know what it looks like, and kindly tell me little about your self... i will await for your response later today .how is family and friends hope all is well try to get back to me asap.hope to hear from you soon.

A wire transfer into a wells fargo bank,bank of America or a certified check will be preferable."

I sent her pics and whatnot and got this response the next day.

"hello ------,

thanks alot,the rent sounds great and i can wait to make payment so that i can secure the palce before coming over,this is a little about my self.Ok well these is little about me ,I am flirtatious and a thrill-seeker. I am as funny and alluring as ever. I also have a confidence that is very attractive I am the type of person who enjoys having alot of fun and that is so easy going you will love it! My personality is I would say kind of generous and kind. I am 5'7" I am happy, athlectic, adventurous, spontaneous, elegant, and smart. I love to play basketball and i rank it as the neatest game on earth.I have a great career because of the assets in my inherintance,anyway that is confidential. I love the movies, concerts, and live music and just reading the paper is so nice,please get back to me with ur preferred mode of payment.A wire transfer into a wells fargo bank account,bank of America account will be preferable.this transfer will be made by my boss.please tell me what u feel and get back to me

kate

NB I CANT WAIT TO COME OVER CUZ IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY DREAM TO FUTHER MY EDUCATION IN THE STATE"

If I give her an account number for Bank of America, could they get into it? She's not asking to recieve money she's asking to send it. Would I be in danger at all if I used Wells Fargo? This seems too good to be true, and my expercience has been that when it seems too good to be true it is.

Why would this girl just leave the UK send me cash and move to someplace she's never been? How can I have her send cash without being fucked?

Just thought I'd see what you guys think.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know how shes planning on scamming you, but it sure seems like thats whats happening. Anyone who starts theyre description of themselves as a "Flirtations thrill seeker," is a little sketchy to me. I think you should ask your bank about it, I dont think that she can get into it, but Im not bank knowledgable. Sounds interesting though, if your bank says alls good, maybe you should do it, and then post pictures of her on here.

There is a very easy answer.

Go to a bank, open an account solely for the rental unit. You should be doing this anyway so you can keep it to maintain rent and pay misc. fees etc from it. That way you can take a tax deduction for the amount of anything. Also if you need anything for the apt., like a new TV or fridge or whatever, use this account to pay for it and get the write off as a biz expense.

Give her this account number. Tell the bank to put a note on the file that there should be only "in person" transfers out of the account, but that deposits and wires of money are fine.

Tell the bird the number of that account.

Bang!

Here we go, just got another response.

thank u very much u seem nice and i cant wait to be with u

thank alot for your early response,i will really apprecaite it if u take me around boston.

please get back to me with ur bank of america details so that my boss can make the transfer to u ASAP ACCOUNT NUMBER,ROUTINE NUMBER BANK ADDRESS AND ZIP CODE,AND YOUR PHONE NUMBER SO THAT MY BOSS CAN CALL U AFTER MAKING THE TRANSFER,

cant wait to be there................kate

Originally posted by I.C.Shadow@Jan 25 2006, 07:09 PM

ASAP ACCOUNT NUMBER,ROUTINE NUMBER BANK ADDRESS AND ZIP CODE,AND YOUR PHONE NUMBER SO THAT MY BOSS CAN CALL U AFTER MAKING THE TRANSFER,

Uh.......dude, dont bother even setting up another account.

This shit is definetly a scam.

All that info is the exact same shit that the infamous "Nigerian Widower/Diplomats/Bankers" ask for.

Ax about it yo.

hey check it out im a branch manager for a bank...

you should be able to recieve a wire at a large bank like that without it going in to the account.. heres another thought..

Western Union the money, no accounts and its a lot cheaper to wire the money. western union should cost 20$ at the most to send it and nothing to pick it up.. a wire transfer to a bank will be at LEAST 65$ to send, since its foreign and anywhere between 5 and 15$ to recieve it to your account..

and you should probably get some information about her employer too, to make sure its not some kind of mail order bride type of thing.