Always Want What Ya Can't Have

Grandpa

Anyone else like this? Want the girls that you can't get with even if they aren't the best looking lot, and discard the girls that give you too much attention and are all over you like crazy even if they're really cute? My friends think I'm crazy, but I always choose to chase the running rabbit over sticking with the legless bunny sitting next to me. I guess I like the thrill of the chase, but I hate that.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Vanity@Dec 6 2004, 07:49 PM

no... cause im not in highschool

uh, acouple people have true add/adhd/ i have add. i can't pay attention for very long no matter what is going on. my mind wanders off into basically anything that does not have to deal what what i should be thinking about. it seems when i don't need to pay attention i have nothing to think about either.

i try my hardest to keep my mind on track, that's actually why i get really frustrated with school, because im sitting there.. my mind wanders and then i remember what im supposed to be doing and scold myself. it happens every 3 minutes (estimate) or so. i did the medication shit in highschool and it didn't help at all. i mean, my mind didnt wander.. it just stayed on the fact that the pill i was taking made me feel like i was on drugs for 1/2 an hour.

i felt myself getting addicted actually and i quit.

usually when i write a post as long as this i dont even remember where i started or any of the points i made. most of the time it forces me to delete it and just not een try to make the point. for some reason when i'm talking about this i remember everything i've said. maybe it's because i've said it so many times.

Guest petehamburgerbrains!

from fornicating with non ambulatory rabbits to mental hyper activity....

i think television negatively affects the attent....

Originally posted by petehamburgerbrains!@Dec 7 2004, 01:30 AM

see, this is a perfect example. i read this whole fucking post. but as soon as i hit the word fornicate i thought about my girlfriends nipples. then i started thinking about sucking on them and such. and then i reached the end of the post and was like.. what the fuck did i just read.

jesus christ, stop blaming your lack of attention on ADD or whatever. your mind is something that you control. focus what you are doing. i mean, i love your girls nipples as much as you do (the way they get so perky when i gently flick them with my tongue.. ). so as soon as you start thinking about them because you read the word 'fornicate', realize that you're reading a post on 12 oz and need to focus on what you're doing so you don't come across like a jackass with, well, ADD.

Originally posted by effyoo@Dec 7 2004, 01:57 AM

jesus christ, stop blaming your lack of attention on ADD or whatever. your mind is something that you control. focus what you are doing. i mean, i love your girls nipples as much as you do (the way they get so perky when i gently flick them with my tongue.. ). so as soon as you start thinking about them because you read the word 'fornicate', realize that you're reading a post on 12 oz and need to focus on what you're doing so you don't come across like a jackass with, well, ADD.

it isn't that easy. and you thinking that it is shows that you obviously have no idea that it is an actual problem. i make myself realize what's going on a lot... but acouple minutes later im back in the same daze and it's only when i'm trying to pay attention. you're the only one coming across as a jackass.

before i say anything else, let me ask you this: when you zone out, are you completely unaware that its happening?

to use you example, when you're thinking of your girls tits, you have absolutey no idea that you were just thinking about a completly different subject?

is that how it is? i'm genuinely curious.

i have the attention span of a gnat, but i realize it when i'm jumping around from subject to subject.

first off i'd like to say it isn't only boobs that i zone out on. it could be anything else.. i can zone out on why the letter L is shaped like that. when i do zone out and i come back out of it, some of the time i realize my thoughts were completely irrational... i dont know how to explain that further and i can't think of anything specific to give you an example.

most of the time i am completely unaware. i am sure there are times that i realize it's happening, but then i try to snap myself back into pay-attention mode.

i actually have fights with myself inside of my brain. my thoughts are on videogames but i'm telling them to pay attention to what the instructor is saying. it turns out to be all in vein anyway because the thoughts just come on stronger. i've already re-written that last sentence 10 times. it's said the same thing every time just in different ways.

i mentioned before that i delete some of my more long winded posts (this post here is considered long winded for me) because i am unsure of how well worded i am when it comes to paragraphs. and i am completely unsatisfied with the last sentence but fuck it, it's 5:30am and belushi is on tv.

rich wanna be poor

poor wanna be rich

small ppl wanna be big

big ppl wanna be small

curly hair wanna have smooth

smooth hair wanna have curly

blue eyes wanna have brown

brown wanna have blue

doctors wanna be lawyers

lawyers wanna be doctors

city slickers wanna live slow

hillbillies wanna live fast

white ppl wanna be black

black ppl wanna be white

etc

we want what we cant have

Originally posted by effyoo@Dec 7 2004, 04:57 AM

jesus christ, stop blaming your lack of attention on ADD or whatever. your mind is something that you control.

what about people with schizophrenia?

not everyone can control their thoughts.

my mind wanders a lot when i'm not interested in the thing i'm supposed to be paying attention to... but i think that's pretty normal.

^^ yeah yeah, i get what you're saying. unfortunately my first post came off alot more ignorant than i thought. meh it was 5 am and i was drunk. after boxcars explained his situation i can see that there may be more to add or adhd than i originally thought. i think what i was trying to get at is that there must be something other than throwing drugs at a condition like this. like mental exercises that can be taught to slowly build up one's ability to concentrate and pay attention.

Guest petehamburgerbrains!
Originally posted by iloveboxcars+Dec 7 2004, 04:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iloveboxcars - Dec 7 2004, 04:33 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-petehamburgerbrains!@Dec 7 2004, 01:30 AM

see, this is a perfect example. i read this whole fucking post. but as soon as i hit the word fornicate i thought about my girlfriends nipples. then i started thinking about sucking on them and such. and then i reached the end of the post and was like.. what the fuck did i just read.

[/b]

fornicate was the second word.......you are bullshitting.

Originally posted by petehamburgerbrains!+Dec 7 2004, 01:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (petehamburgerbrains! - Dec 7 2004, 01:24 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by iloveboxcars@Dec 7 2004, 04:33 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-petehamburgerbrains!@Dec 7 2004, 01:30 AM

fornicate was the second word.......you are bullshitting.

[/b]

no im not. it doesnt matter where the word is located. if it has the ability to throw my line of thinking onto a completely different track then more often than not it does. when i read books i have to re read chapters a lot. not because i didn't read the chapters, i read every god damn word in that chapter. it's just i wasn't paying attention to what the words meant.. it's sort of like looking at a painting but thinking about going bungee jumping. the reason why i realize at the end of the chapter what's going on is because there is usually larger text or something to show that it is a new area of the book, which makes me wake up sort of. i dont know if that makes sense.

2 thing's i can think of at the moment where my mind does not wander are:

sex

drawing

actually, while drawing im not sure if my mind does wander or not. i know that i'm focused enough to finish the drawing... i wish i could explain this better.