alternatives to walls?

staE

okay, umm. im just wondering what i can use as alternatives to walls. so that i can basically move it around in certain places. i know i can use canvases, but those are fragile. any suggestions?

is that plywood [i think thats the name, its the wood thats basically shards of wood, forced, and glued together] any good?

what do you suggest?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i understand what youre asking, but not why. alternatives to walls? trains? i dont know, if you're gonna paint something small that you wanna carry around or sell or whatever, i'd probably do it on canvas or something totally random.

Originally posted by cloner

i understand what youre asking, but not why. alternatives to walls? trains? i dont know, if you're gonna paint something small that you wanna carry around or sell or whatever, i'd probably do it on canvas or something totally random.

Be completely original and paint the back of the canvas. Motherfuckers will think you are a motherfucking genius. FUCKING GENIUS. Or go to an art school and find a pretty girl and start fucking a genius.

P.S. - Fuck insomnia in the ass with safety scissors.

go to home depot /lowes and look around. they have huge sheets of sheetrock and also particle board(8 x 4) use particle board not plywood that shit eats paint.

im assuming u want to use it to practice on? if so that'll work out fine and yes prime it

Any sort of manufactured board soaks up paint like crazy... In fact anything that's natural has a tendency to soak up paint. Just use a cheap can of grey primer before you start

My reccomendation is to either build a wall (just lean a sheet of board against something if you're lazy) and then coat it with primer... But garden shed walls work too.

As for portability, nothing beats a canvas. It rolls up, and particleboard is too bulky and heavy... Canvas is tricky to work with though, but practice and it's not too bad.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars

Be completely original and paint the back of the canvas. Motherfuckers will think you are a motherfucking genius. FUCKING GENIUS. Or go to an art school and find a pretty girl and start fucking a genius.

P.S. - Fuck insomnia in the ass with safety scissors.

YES

Archived