Alternatives to AIM that run on the AIM network?

fermentor666

I just upgraded the AIM program to their latest version and now the stupid thing crashes on me every 30 minutes and opens up the AIM spam page on start-up even though I unchecked that in preferences. I don't want to re-install because I installed some patch that took me forever to find so that there are no ads on the top of the program (mainly to get rid of the ads with sound that are incredibly disruptive). This may be what's causing the patch, but I'm not about to go back to getting spammed aurally as well as visually.

I also don't want to stop using the network. Are there any 3rd party programs that connect to the AIM network? Can you still direct-connect/send files/get files with them?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'm gonna try deadaim first because I got the files, I just need to wait to have my e-mail changed on the account so I can get my password sent to it because I don't remember my password and if I uninstall it the saved password will dissapear. Right now it's got an e-mail address that hasn't been active since 2001.