alright airlines....fuck you

boogie hands

really, these fucking airfares are all most as infuriating as the goverment. $1036.00 to fly from VA to NC? really? are we laying over in fucking hong kong? will i be flying on a seat made of baby seal skin and diamonds ? i would love for us airs CEO to explain to me how in the fucking world that makes any sense what so ever. after he scratched his head and said "i guess it doesnt really...all i can say is you want to see your family on christmas and i want a summer home on jupiter island." i would proceed to break his nose for being such a peice of shit.

side note...i flew us air, in the fucking summer, to california for roughly $400.

i guess im driving this year....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by JohnnyHorton@Dec 14 2005, 06:48 PM

in canada it's cheaper to fly to europe than it is to fly across the country

no kidding. A bus ticket from vancouver to seattle, a direct flight from seattle to new york and back,plus an unexpected overnight motel stop in seattle cost me less than half what a flight to toronto would. Its fucking insane.

Guest im not witty

dude fuck greyhound. no matter where you are in virginia, driving into north carolina is going to take what 3-4 hours at the most? i mean virginias a big wide piece of shit but, unless you dont have a car at all. whats the problem? i wouldnt pay 150 for a ticket. much less over a grand.

Guest Sparoism

They don't call it "The Hellhound" for nothing.

Last time I was on the bus in 2001, I swore that I could smell crack smoke wafting out of the toilet.

So, me being me, I went in to investigate, and the mirror was so scribed up that I couldn't even see my reflection in it.

And, they were out of TP. Go figure.

Amtrak is nice, but the bite is absurd...and, factoring in the layovers and "unscheduled stops" (delays), they should hook a broke brotha up...but, the lav at least was well stocked. That is a huge point in their favor.

I'm getting a ride to my girlfriend's parent's house for Xmas (3 hours north from the Bay Area) so fuck having to roll with the rabble this time....some fat kid was laying across a double seat on Amtrak the last time I rode, and it was all I could do to prevent myself from yanking him up out of the lap of "luxury" and hanging him out the window like a sack of mail....

I HATE holiday travel. I'm sure it shows.

You gotta go with one of the smaller airlines, jetblue or airtran. Northwest and US Air tend to be cheaper, as well. Delta and AA are probably the most expensive. It's also generally cheaper to fly roundtrip then it is to fly one-way. An airline sales rep explained it to me when I asked why this was: when you fly one way there is more neccessity behind the trip than with round-trip travelling. For instance, if you move, you have to fly; whereas if you travel round-trip, it's often for something like a vacation where you don't neccessarily need to do it and it's also much more common.

He said it was like this: "If you're in the middle of the desert and dying of thirst, you'd pay a thousand dollars for a bottle of water, but if you were in the middle of a lake you wouldn't pay a dime." He said a lot of people wind up paying for a round-trip ticket and just don't use the return ticket.