Alpha Battle "R"

Sane GB

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Al Green

and you need to quit writing sane.

total faux paux.

i dont really write sane anymore, ive been into graff just for a few months now and when i chose sane i didnt know about the NY king. i just still like that handstyle. i thought that r was ok, guess not

are you kidding?

^ Do I detect cockiness or did I take that the wrong way?

Mr, I'm going to have to agree with onesecondple. Unorthodox won but he did not win the whole thing. It isn't over yet until everyone stops posting or this thread dies out... like the other alpha battles.

p.e.a.c.e.

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS
Originally posted by onesecondple

the main thing here is what is fcukin? is that a city?

i was drunk, and now im even more drunk... i shouldnt have replied but i did. whoops.

Originally posted by DrSeusLives

^ Do I detect cockiness or did I take that the wrong way?

Mr, I'm going to have to agree with onesecondple. Unorthodox won but he did not win the whole thing. It isn't over yet until everyone stops posting or this thread dies out... like the other alpha battles.

p.e.a.c.e.

no, that r is just wack. i'm glad you guys like big random arrows and shit, but the letter looks about as original as a typed "R"

Originally posted by DrSeusLives

http://www.arc-nine.com/gallery/albums/letters/r.jpg'>

http://www.arc-nine.com/gallery/albums/letters/r2.jpg'>

^Mr's "R"...

---

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00360828f00000007.jpg'>

^Unorthordox's "R"...

===================

no, that r is just wack. i'm glad you guys like big random arrows and shit, but the letter looks about as original as a typed "R"

Yes, maybe that "R" is whack but your "R" isn't too hot either. We didn't say we liked Unorthordox's "R". We didn't say "OH SHIT, YOU'RE SO DOPE. THAT "R" IS SICK AS FUCK!"... We just said he won the battle so far. Please if you are that mad we didn't like your "R" or if you want to "win", then by all means... I crown you the winner!

p.e.a.c.e.

ps- This is a great example why the older heads keep saying the internet is bullshit, real writers take battles to the street.

Yo Mr, I am not trying to start shit with you but it seems like you can't take negative shit or something... I understand completely why you don't like "Unorthodox's R" but I really feel that his "R" was better than yours. Just look at it for a while... By lookng at it, it showed that he put more effort into his. On the other hand, your "R" looks like.. I don't know... but I don't like it though...

If you still want to talk about it. Let's not talk about it on the forum board.

AIM: Bboyxlonglegs

it doesn't have anything to do with mine, i'm being completely objective about it. but if you're judging based on effort, that just doesn't make sense. anyone can put a lot of work into adding a bunch off doodads and whatnot onto a too-basic letterform, but bottom line it doesn't have a strong backbone. i'm not trying to be a hater, it just seems like people in paper chase give too much love to all this fake ass wildstyle shit without noticing that the letters themselves are nothing. i would have said the same thing about it if i hadn't even drawn any myself.

still, not to hype myself up, but look at how the lines in mine work with each other. you could take almost any corner on mine, and make the lines continue through the intersection, and they would meet at another corner or run along another line. whereas the other has no correlation, direction, or flow. yeah, they're just simples, but if you want me to wildstyle them out, i can do that too. and i'm not a writer, by the way. i'm not trying to win this, i just don't understand what you kids look for in letters.

anyone can put a lot of work into adding a bunch off doodads and whatnot onto a too-basic letterform, but bottom line it doesn't have a strong backbone. i'm not trying to be a hater, it just seems like people in paper chase give too much love to all this fake ass wildstyle shit without noticing that the letters themselves are nothing.

Good Lord, you've proven a point... I agree with that 100%. I don't even like wildstyle shit that much. I wouldn't even consider Unorthordox's work "wildstyle". I'll just call it a "simple with arrows and shit".

Archived