Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Almost Graffiti.....

Discussion in 'Paper Chase' started by 5005crew, Mar 2, 2004.

1. 5005crew

5005crew New Jack

First Attempt at graffiti ...... constructive critisism welcome

These are my first attempt to try to create something, anyone got any pointers for me? Thnx.

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00417642f00000015.jpg'>

[img]http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00417642f00000016.jpg'>

[img]http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00417642f00000018.jpg'>

[quote][b]Aww! Dude! Thats all bad![/b][/quote]

2. Stomah

Stomah Member

be prepared for somebody to bitch at you.
    Work hardcore on letter structure. No arrows. Leave color out until you have letters down. Come up with better names, and don't connect your letters yet. Those are the usual comments.

3. acidica

acidica New Jack

first please dont connect all your letters...
    also.. its just bubble letters please just look around some graff sites to understand what graffiti is... its not just thick bold regular english letters..

some important things in graff are:
    a name- pick something that works for you... try writeing many different things to find out which letters you can make dope. than try to make a good combo of those letters.
    dont try to make it sound cool like 'piz-imp' or 'skillz' because the coolest names are random things that dont always make sence... like daim and totem and sber and aeiou and deist

you also need flow with your letters... go into a typeing program and go to fonts... all of the letters in a font have something special about them that makes them in the same font [do not put hearts on all your arrows like ACIDBATHONER cuz thats just stupid].. like dont mix jagged letters and bubble lettesr... unless of coarse thats your aim(dont try it) also you need flow... when you put things in italics they all bend the same way..

and dont use arrows... expecially since your a toy(new at graff) and start off basic and build up otherwise it will look bad and we will be able to tell

i hope this helps

4. InDY_500

InDY_500 Veteran Member

theres no need to try to flow ur letters together...just try to build a nice structure for the letters....then from there u can try to expand ur shit...........
    PRACTICE
    PRACTICE
    PRACTICE......

5. crewk money

crewk money New Jack

..wanna be in my crew?

6. StarzAbove

StarzAbove Veteran Member

think of a good tag, practice handstyle then st8 letters
    Not rank cause my boy writes that

7. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

just basically do this, do shit really simple

8. D!M$ uNo FDC

D!M$ uNo FDC Junior Member

just kill urself.....................................

J/K......

9. radical oner

radical oner Junior Member

that shit looks dope blood! keep up the hot sauce!

10. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

Im glad to see people are actually giving valid responses rather than the usually 12oz youre a moron response for kids looking for help.

Just do what people have told you.

Starz has given the best advice, think of some better names, work on a handstyle or "tag" first.

From there work on a throw.

Then start rocking simple letters and straight letters.

If you dont want to work on a hand/throw (which i HIGHLY recommend) you should start by just copying fonts directly.

Like from cereal boxes and billboards (im being 100% serious).

From there you learn the structures of letters and you can start giving them flow and those little addatives that people like (arrows and all that junk).

Another tip I can give is dont just fall in love with one style. Yeah NY burners and bar letters are rad.

But dont limit yourself to this style, look at some eurostyles, check some westcoast styles, southern styles...just give an all around look around graffiti without letting things influence you too deeply.

11. AORAone

AORAone Veteran Member

alright do you see your first piece? yeah i hope so. now look at the first letter. "r" now this whole piece woulda ran smoother if you wouldnt have fucked that r up. heres why. it doesnt fit in. it has over lapping and really significant corners, the whole rest of the piece does not. nothing in the -ank- portion of the piece matches anything in the "R". but, this is a good thing. because that r is to crazy for th erest of the piece. for the most part the remander of the piece is simple. whith the execption of all the letters connecting, the piece would have been ok. addica has given very good advice and so has gliko. the cerial box thing is something that has helped me greatly.

12. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

<span style='color:sandybrown'>i think the reason for this is because he didnt get on here with the "this is some older shit i did last year while half drunk passed out and my camera is broken now so i cant get my new shit. (but typed in all other letters capitalized) </span> ​

13. 5005crew

5005crew New Jack

Thanks

Thanks to all those who gave constructive critisism. I have been busy praticing and have some new stuff to post. I'll put it up hopefully within 24 hours. Late!

14. lase

lase Member

mate i aint all that myself but just practise and work on simple lettering then go from there

15. inkblots

inkblots Member

look on the bright side atleast hes original not using played out name you no?