Almost Four Dollars

why write?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and i heard its going up higher and higher for the next two weeks and then it should go back to the normal 2.60, which shouldn't even be normal, way too expensive, people are going to try and do whatever they can to make some money to pay for some gas to get them places (sell drugs, steal etc.)

Originally posted by shai hulud@Sep 1 2005, 08:46 PM

^^^good. that teaches those selfish pricks who drive alone in suv's a lesson in supply and demand...gas costs bank in europe, so more people take transit- like they should. and, nobody complains there. americans are soft- period.

In europe the transit system is way better, the country is more compact than here.

Although i hate the bastards who drive suv's to work 1.5 hours each way alone, they arent gonna feel it as much as someone who drives a civic, because people who bought the suvs can afford the gas, they just care how big the gas tank is.

I can just drive one of these bitches around town, thank god....

3f984652.jpg

eae1f2ea.jpg

your all missing the catch..

besides the catch, after the gas from the gulf gets back to normal and they can use the machines, itll level off within the next 2-4 weeks.

and now for the catch.

i want gas to go up. $5...shit, $10 would be even better. you know why? think of incentive. if gas gets that high, SOMEONE is going to do something about it. theyll make up an alternative to unaffordable gas prices. look at what happened in the 70's...the same exact thing. america has not learned. the saudis can fuck with us. but if gas went up for $10 a gallon, people would go apeshit and engineers would start REALLY thinking about electrical cars or an alternative to gas.

this leads to one problem.

this probably isnt going to happen, cause the saudis arent stupid. they know that if they do this, (which they clearly wouldnt, until gas would really run out in 75-100 years) they wouldnt have any left, and no money. that blows off the cab drivers being millionaires. (everyone is rich in saudia arabia.)

bottom line: the saudis can fuck with us..they higher gas a little, lower it, they like to have fun. but if they would higher it to something like $10 a gallon, someone would design something new, and we could get rid of the saudis. and something is telling me that funding for war and terrorists would drop drastically.

just my theory. incentive, people, incentive. think about it.

yes its a travesty... the fact that people call $2.60 the "normal" price is a disgrace.

its all bullshit anyway, they are raising it so high to make people more accepting of the already

gouged prices once this crisis is over and the prices return to the mid $2 range.

heres a lil fact for you: only 3 of the major national gas stations (sunoco, citgo, & i forget the last one) use exclusively american drilled oil, so they are the only stations that should be raising there prices (you would think huh?) every other station is just price gouging.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by ElectricitySucks@Sep 1 2005, 09:35 PM

but if gas went up for $10 a gallon, people would go apeshit and engineers would start REALLY thinking about electrical cars or an alternative to gas.

electricity sucks?

Originally posted by Tesseract+Sep 2 2005, 03:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tesseract - Sep 2 2005, 03:16 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ElectricitySucks@Sep 1 2005, 09:35 PM

but if gas went up for $10 a gallon, people would go apeshit and engineers would start REALLY thinking about electrical cars or an alternative to gas.

electricity sucks?

[/b]

i meant alcohol powered automobiles. like the one in the begining of that james bond movie. alcohol doesnt suck.