Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Almost Four Dollars

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by why write?, Sep 1, 2005.

1. why write?

why write? Veteran Member

whoa, holy shit...i know theres been a few threads about gas, but 3.50+ is outragous for gas....what the fuck, higher gas prices are just going to increase the crime rates...for real.

2. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

$3.50+ is the norm around here. Despite the fact that the refineries are within 30 minutes from me.

3. ^ . ^

^ . ^ Dirty Dozen Crew

yea, it's 3.50 here, and a lot of gas stations have taken their prices off the signs cuz theyre completely out of gas. One place by the house only had unleaded right now.. I guess if you dont have to drive, then dont. Easier said than done.

4. slave_one

slave_one Elite Member

over here, it was going to $3...but then i've been in the office all day so it probably went up already.

i think symbols had the right idea of sticking w/a bike.

5. KRON KING

KRON KING Member

6. why write?

why write? Veteran Member

and i heard its going up higher and higher for the next two weeks and then it should go back to the normal 2.60, which shouldn't even be normal, way too expensive, people are going to try and do whatever they can to make some money to pay for some gas to get them places (sell drugs, steal etc.)

7. Wire

Wire New Jack

Last time I checked, it was close to 7 or 8 bucks a gallon in Atlanta.

8. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

fill up your five gallon containers now, it's going to get more expensive. i wish i did on monday.

9. deterrent

deterrent Veteran Member

some pumps are dry in chicago

10. shai

shai Dirty Dozen Crew

^^^good. that teaches those selfish pricks who drive alone in suv's a lesson in supply and demand...gas costs bank in europe, so more people take transit- like they should. and, nobody complains there. americans are soft- period.

11. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

In europe the transit system is way better, the country is more compact than here.

Although i hate the bastards who drive suv's to work 1.5 hours each way alone, they arent gonna feel it as much as someone who drives a civic, because people who bought the suvs can afford the gas, they just care how big the gas tank is.

I can just drive one of these bitches around town, thank god....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. MrChupacabra

MrChupacabra 12oz Loyalist

i save so much money now that i live somewhere with a good transit system.

13. ILOTSMYBRAIN

ILOTSMYBRAIN Elite Member

hahah.

yea gas around here hasn't really increased too much after katrina, but it sits steady at around 3 dollars year round ;/

14. uproar

uproar New Jack

its all because of hurricane katrina wich hit my city of neworleans. You people should really read up on whats going on out here.

15. ElectricitySucks

ElectricitySucks Veteran Member

your all missing the catch..

besides the catch, after the gas from the gulf gets back to normal and they can use the machines, itll level off within the next 2-4 weeks.

and now for the catch.

i want gas to go up. $5...shit, $10 would be even better. you know why? think of incentive. if gas gets that high, SOMEONE is going to do something about it. theyll make up an alternative to unaffordable gas prices. look at what happened in the 70's...the same exact thing. america has not learned. the saudis can fuck with us. but if gas went up for $10 a gallon, people would go apeshit and engineers would start REALLY thinking about electrical cars or an alternative to gas.

this leads to one problem.

this probably isnt going to happen, cause the saudis arent stupid. they know that if they do this, (which they clearly wouldnt, until gas would really run out in 75-100 years) they wouldnt have any left, and no money. that blows off the cab drivers being millionaires. (everyone is rich in saudia arabia.)

bottom line: the saudis can fuck with us..they higher gas a little, lower it, they like to have fun. but if they would higher it to something like $10 a gallon, someone would design something new, and we could get rid of the saudis. and something is telling me that funding for war and terrorists would drop drastically.

just my theory. incentive, people, incentive. think about it.