1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Allawi the executioner

Discussion in 'News' started by BROWNer, Jan 19, 2005.

1. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

Allawi the executioner

Discussion started by BROWNer - Jan 19, 2005

so, i don't know how many of you ever heard this, nobody touched
    it on this side of the planet, but various news organizations around
    the world reported it...that allawi, interim scum in iraq, executed
    6 'terrorist' at point blank range. here's the original story: http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/07/16/...l?oneclick=true
    and the latest:

US official confirms Allawi shot six dead
    January 19 2005
    http://www.smh.com.au/handheld/articles/20...5810916006.html

A former Jordanian government minister has told The New Yorker that an American official confirmed to him that the Iraqi interim Prime Minister, Iyad Allawi, executed six suspected insurgents at a Baghdad police station last year.

The claim is in an extensive profile of Dr Allawi written for this week's issue of the magazine by an American journalist, Jon Lee Anderson, the author of The Fall of Baghdad and a regular Baghdad correspondent for The New Yorker.

Writing about his research in Jordan in December, Anderson says: "A well-known former government minister told me that an American official had confirmed that the killings took place, saying to him, 'What a mess we're in - we got rid of one son of a bitch only to get another one'."

The New Yorker also revealed that Anderson was present during an interview conducted by the Herald's chief correspondent, Paul McGeough, in late June, with a man who said he witnessed the executions by Dr Allawi.

Dr Allawi denied the allegations when they were published in the Herald last July.

Anderson writes: "The man ... described how Allawi had been taken to seven suspects, who were made to stand against a wall in a courtyard of the police station, their faces covered. After being told of their alleged crimes by a police official, Allawi had asked for a pistol, and then shot each prisoner in the head. [One of the men survived.] Afterward, the witness said, Allawi had declared to those present, 'This is how we must deal with the terrorists.' The witness said he approved of Allawi's act, adding that, in any case, the terrorists were better off dead, for they had been tortured for days."

2. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

BROWNer - Replied Jan 19, 2005

3. villain

villain 12oz Veteran Member

villain - Replied Jan 19, 2005

Curious....
    I don't trust anyone associated with Bush in the first place....

villain - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  4. SteveAustin

SteveAustin 12oz Veteran Member

SteveAustin - Replied Jan 20, 2005

so what you're saying is that we've backed yet another winner?

woohoo...guess we'll be doing this Iraq thing all over again in a decade or so.

SteveAustin - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  5. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

BROWNer - Replied Jan 20, 2005

^yea, pretty much, although i prefer wonderturd over winner.

6. ERIZENO

ERIZENO 12oz Senior Member

ERIZENO - Replied Jan 20, 2005

wow .. how proud i am to have such wonderful people presenting the image of my country to the rest of the world !!!

ERIZENO - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

!@#$% - Replied Jan 20, 2005

hmm..i guess now i know why bush likes him so much.
    sounds like a big fan of texxxas ctyle justice.

power corrupts.
    if you're corrupted in the first place, then i guess it makes you evil.

!@#$% - Rank: Moderator Crew - Messages:
  8. SteveAustin

SteveAustin 12oz Veteran Member

SteveAustin - Replied Jan 20, 2005

^ reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from Abe Lincoln.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

SteveAustin - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages: