All y'alls favorite "L.A." writers......

sotofish

Thought this might be a nice thread. Los Angeles has produced some of the most influential writers in the history of modern day graffiti. There's always new shit going on; LA's continually progressing forward and destroying boundaries. I have too many favorites, here's a few (in no order):

Tackz, Revok, Kofie, Steam, The Mac, Rich, Man One, Saber, Skill, Dove and Fear, Maxx, Japan, Swank, Gylt, Lapse, Frame, Toonz, Risk, Hex, Mear, Push, Hate(dbi), Cre8, Phable, + more.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by sotofish

Krush too

Personally, I think this guy was slept on by the rest of the writing community at large. Maybe in California he had a good fan base, but elsewhere... I couldn't get a conversation going about him. No one had heard of him or seen his work. Or claimed they hadn't at least.

I'm a huge fan of his work and wish he had more coverage. His old pieces still hold today. Definitely one of the more innovative writers of our time.

Much respect.

I also enjoyed just about everything Skill ever painted. That guy could just do no wrong...

Guest mikro137

DOVE is the fucking baddest.

the first freight i saw was dove. still embedded in my mind to this day

also pak two(rip) nacho, hex, skate one cbs (rip)

mikro one

otk vk bgw

whatcyoo know bout us?

Sacred COI crew Duce have both been slept on

Theres this building off the 101 freewayN getting into downtown that has this SACRED OILER 3 color throws that I remember seeing since the early to mid 90's. Passed by last weekend and those motherfuckers were still there. Talk about a fuckin landmark. Right there off the freeway for everyone going into downtown to see for like maybe 8 years or so.

• 2 weeks later...

...peace to the I.E.

HEX and SLICK revolutionized how burners were executed and viewed in a lot of controversy both publicly and in the graff world. Most people still can't do the shit they were doing ten years ago.

KISS ONE was the first graff writer I saw that didn't stick to traditional ways of getting your name out and gets my vote... Remember those punkrock KISS stencils back in the day??

I remember OG Chaka, Cab's heavens, jero, sub, sleaz,toomer, soloe,spare, yr's fo one summer, stk, ska k2s,k4p,lod. the list goes on and on.Although LA is and always has been off the hook, I loved the way it was the year or 2 before that faggot ass Chris whatever exploited the whole tagbanger scene, that blew it up and severely fucked up the scene and left a scar to this day, people still associate writin wit gangs!!!!!!! Ive noticed a lot more bombin in the LOS all over the place when I go home to visit, I cant wait to go home.

STOLEN LAND

Archived