Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

All Country Crews and the fame that goes with them....

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by Boring Bastard, Oct 26, 2001.

1. Boring Bastard

Boring Bastard Elite Member

For any of the kids out there that are part of a crew that has been around forever or has had lots of magazine/internet exposure......
    For example: CON and BA or CHIP and CBS......

How do you guys feel about how close the crews are as a family???
    Some crews are tighter than others you know??
    Better friends as compared to partners.... You know, more like best friends as compared to a social club.... Any feedback??

2. i'm not in a crew, but hardcore is my family. 303 scene, nsbc and honor crew, family son, family.
    xxx303

3. bear

bear Elite Member

i crew up with myself actually,
    but seriously i know people who have dropped crews because they didn't feel like they really knew half the people in it.
    i guess it just depends on why you joined in the first place. . .right?

4. Boring Bastard

My question is how do established writers feel about them?? Do you feel like it's just some letters you write next to your name or family??
    I know some crews that are really tight while others have shitloads of kids who never even met each other....

5. dukeofyork

dukeofyork Guest

i quit pushing a crew because they all quit painting...or at least almost all of them did. i didnt ever really hear from most of them either...only every once and a while.
    the crews im in now, i havent talked to a lot of them recently, theres a close circle of about 3 people that i stay in contact with lately. i need to get a hold of them soon too, cause i havent been out in a while....

6. bigguy

bigguy Senior Member

me personally.. i think you gotta be tight with your krew.. alota a kids now a days start a crew for just about any thing.. or with any body. thats not whut a crews about. hey got a good saying .. why not start a crew.. thats the way it werks.it shouldnt though.. it should have meaning.relate to your krew and what they are doing as a whole.

7. Boring Bastard

That's what I feel like...... the crew should be tight as compared to some social club that you've been inducted into for bragging rights. I'd rather push a no-name crew and feel like I belong as compared to some famous slap dick fucks that I don't even like, you know???

8. my crew consists of 4 close friends. we almost exclusively paint with each other.

9. Joker

Joker Dirty Dozen Crew

BA and IHU are basically one big family. 'Nuff said...

10. Boring Bastard

First of all thanks for the response being from both of those crews......

Out of all the writers you know and all of the crews they write for; on a percentage scale; how many of them are tight families???

Where I'm from I know for a fact that the predominantly respected ones are......but there is also the crew that still has tons of fame and half the kids don't know each other and totally aren't from the same mentality!!!