1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

all bow down

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by ubejinxed, Aug 17, 2001.

1. ubejinxed

ubejinxed 12oz Veteran Member

all bow down

Discussion started by ubejinxed - Aug 17, 2001

to your god and religion TELEVISION

guaranteed to instill life long values

mold your perspective on life

have you in attendance at it's church everyday listen to the gospel of ABC, HBO, MTV but mostly BS

the best form of mind control ever invented, better than any cult

can help babysit your children

listen to it's teachings in rapt attention with your friends

Bond with people about recent or past sermons you've experienced

don't think just accept, don't discuss just watch.

living the 21st century religion, all of america.

may Television bless thee.

i don't have a television thank you, thank you very much.

------------------
    high plains drifter

ubejinxed - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  2. imported_El Mamerro - Replied Aug 17, 2001

http://www.somethingawful.com/cliff/ihateyou/page42-05.jpg'>

"And so I says, so I says, I says 'you ain't gettin no thought helmet on me, you jackbooted thug' and he says, he says, 'yes I am' and so I says, I says, 'no way you damned government robot' and he says he says 'you're going to pay for this' and I says, I says, 'see you in hell, Agent Orange'."

3. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Aug 17, 2001

i havent had a tv for 2 years, but dont get it twisted, i like tv. not all tv, but i like animal shows and the simpsons an all that shit that people who claim they hate tv all admit to liking. what i dont like however, is prechy holier than thou fools who want to rally against tv (or anything really) and make it seem like were all simply mindless monkeys that if placed infront of a tv, will instantly turn into pools of drooling human waste. all that shit is so so sophmore-angsty i cant take it. do you have an anarchy patch and a safety pin through your ear too? maybe a home made tattoo that says 'i hate you mom'? obviously im being a little presumptuious here, but from my experience, those who talk the loudest only do so cause they just learned the words yesterday and still havent gotten over the novelty of saying them. rage against the machine bro. kill your television. burn your parents volvo to the ground!!!

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  4. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

--zeSto-- - Replied Aug 17, 2001

I make TV programming.
    There are diamonds in the rough,
    but 80% of TV is bunk (100% in prime time).

5. ubejinxed

ubejinxed 12oz Veteran Member

ubejinxed - Replied Aug 17, 2001

ouch....

well i feel obliged to respond to this as i see it as a personal affront to my basic character.

i'm not against all television granted but i do object to the way that it is used/ abused.

there is so much more to life than sitting in front of a box that has someone else's preconceived notions pouring forth.
    i object to parents (my friends included) who put their kids in front of the TV as a surrogate babysitter and let them digest anything just so they don't have to deal with them.
    i object to people who use TV as a drug and submerse themselves in another created reality.
    i object to people who say they don't have enough time for their family, friends or hobbies and watch hours of TV a day.
    i object to the fact when i go to someone's house they just sit in front of the TV instead of interacting.
    i have no problem with anything in moderation, but the way that people just get sucked in kills me. there is so much else out there. i love life and every little nuance in it, and my main objection to television is the waste that it creates.
    everyone chooses to do do what they like, and i choose to to paint, read, workout, talk to people, draw, take classes, cook, have sex, go to bars and any other interactive, exploratory activity above watching tv.

and by the way i love my family, and volvos, slow mellow music, my college degree and the american capitalist society. god damn i will have the benzo one day.

thanks for reading my sermon.....

------------------
    high plains drifter

ubejinxed - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. curious george

curious george 12oz Senior Member

curious george - Replied Aug 17, 2001

curious george - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. imported_SecretAgentX9 - Replied Aug 17, 2001

thats a great shot

8. Trend

Trend 12oz Member

Trend - Replied Aug 17, 2001

yea.

Trend - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  9. LUKY

LUKY 12oz Member

LUKY - Replied Aug 17, 2001

ok who took that pickture of me?

LUKY - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  10. dBUSH

dBUSH Guest

dBUSH - Replied Aug 17, 2001

One day my dad was ranting about television. He's a weird guy. He said that the product of television- what it tries to sell, is us. We are the product of TV. Companies buy add time hoping they will reach a large audience. Neilsen ratings give the stations the numbers that tell them how many people are watching what shows so the stations can charge for airtime accordingly. When companies buy the more expensive airtime they are buying more viewers. They are buying more of us. My dad doesn't wear deodorant.

11. pacman

pacman 12oz Member

pacman - Replied Aug 17, 2001

El Mamerro didn't type "beer"!!!!!!

pacman - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  12. Trend

Trend 12oz Member

Trend - Replied Aug 17, 2001

got some time on your hands, eh?

Trend - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  13. mapo wc

mapo wc 12oz Elite Member

mapo wc - Replied Aug 17, 2001

Everyone knows that. I dont think thats some hidden conspiracy.

mapo wc - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  14. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

Kr430n5_666 - Replied Aug 18, 2001

http://www.wfu.edu/users/bierbau/pics/Salem.JPG'>
    car

------------------
    $$$[i]666[b]MAKROS[/b]666[/i]$$$

Kr430n5_666 - Rank: Banned - Messages: