alien VS. predator>> the movie

Pfffffffffft

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Saw the teaser for this last summer. Just watched the preview. It can't be worse than Predator 2, but it doesn't look all that great. I'm upset that it takes place during present day, and this whole X vs Y thing is kinda lame, best saved for comic books. I bet some of the battle scenes will be cool but it basically looks like a CGI-fest with little story/atmosphere.

Freddy Vs Jason was horrible, too.

I hope this doesn't kill the chances of them making an Alien 5 that takes place on future Earth...I'm still waiting for that.

this movie is actually based off the end of the second predator movie. when danny glover is in the predator ship, and stumbles into the trophy room, u see the skull of an alien. the relationship between the aliens and predators is also well extended through the comic series. this movie isnt so much following the stupid shit of freddy vs jason. this was a comic first. so basically when all the comic movies started comin out, i guess someone also decided to buy the rights to that comic, and also play out the possibility shown in predator two... just thought id put that out there for common knowledge...

Originally posted by shape1369

this movie is actually based off the end of the second predator movie. when danny glover is in the predator ship, and stumbles into the trophy room, u see the skull of an alien. the relationship between the aliens and predators is also well extended through the comic series. this movie isnt so much following the stupid shit of freddy vs jason. this was a comic first. so basically when all the comic movies started comin out, i guess someone also decided to buy the rights to that comic, and also play out the possibility shown in predator two... just thought id put that out there for common knowledge...

word... there's been books, comic books, and video gomes about this for days...

i been waiting for this to come out since i first heard about it 2 years ago, i think... i own both of the predator movies and all of the aliens movies...

happy day when this hits theaters...

Guest imported_El Mamerro

The movie has been stuck in the planning stages for over 10 years. There's a bigger thread on this with a lot of discussion on the origins already, I'll try to find it and bump it.

Personally, I can't fucking wait, and while I don't think it will be the BEST SHIT EVER, I'm banking on some damn entertaining action courtesy of my two favorite movie monsters (I am THE Aliens freak, please believe this). I'm only worried a bit about the director, but whatever. He's a good visual stylist at least.

Alien 5 is still on the horizon, and word is they're courting Ridley Scott to helm it.

Cause James Cameron and Ridley Scott wouldn't want to touch such a campy idea.

They're both interested in Alien 5 though...

I don’t think it’s such a campy idea at all. Maybe the title is, but the potential is there to make a great film. It’s just not going to happen. I wonder what the budget for this movie was. No big stars, all indoors…I’m hoping it at least comes close to the quality that Aliens was. Now that’s one of the best movies of all time, in my opinion.

Budget was $70 million.

Aliens is my favorite movie of all time. This one won't even touch it.

AvP is a campy-ass idea dude... ALL "vs." (as in, characters from different movies/stories) movies are.

ya know, i would love to see this movie come together as a nice supplement to all the previous story lines...but i think its gonna be fucked just for that reason. there was already so much put out there that this is gonna be a piece of shit... and paul anderson directing it just makes me fear the worst. i loved event horizon....but the soldier, and resident evil......makesme worry... also the fact that he wrote the screenplay scares me. now if they ahd picked up one of the old comic writers to do the screenplay i would have so much more faith in this movie

what i find funny is that its the exact ppl that i expected to know bout this that did. somehow i figured vinyl and mams would be up on this....

i just hope this doesnt suck..... i know ima go see it when it opens but ill be much more awaiting some other movies. such as HERO. im sure some of u know bout that movie...ima try and pick up a non regional dvd codec and pick up the dvd before long....movie looks amazing...

who u think would have been a much better director for the film?

i would actually sort of like to have seen ridley scott have had controll over it. i think this story line deserves the dark quality that the original alien movie had. and for those that hate on ressurection, i still say that movie was pretty cool in its own right.

another prefference would have been david fincher. i always liked aliens three.

in response to mams statement bout the whole vs idea bein sketchy... iono i really liked the alien vs predator comic series, it picked up nicely on the predator's culture that u begin to see emerge at the end of the second film. also gives some cool pretext to the alien species.

The guy who did Resident Evil and Event Horizon is doing this? This might be alright, then. RE was pretty good for a movie based on a video game and though I hated Event Horizon when I saw it in the theater, it grew on me over the years and actually has a few really killer scenes. The "VS" idea is sketchy, I've never read the comics or the book series but this could easily just be a film made to exploit fans, like Freddy Vs Jason.

"I have such sights to show you."

Archived