ALEXANDER THE GREAT

metallix

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

^^^ I know your a moderator and all but... what are you some kind of save the whales guy?? lemme tell you something, the whales are gonners, dont watch the movie cause its boring and long, not because its historically innacurate. I myself can say that any movie on the Holocaust, which are allot and suspiciously keep winning oscars, are historically innacuirate because guess what, I dont believe 6 million jews were killed in the Holocaust, I dont believe there were even 3 million jews in Germany at that time, there probably still isnt. But I didnt see the movies ont he Holocaust, not because they were historically innacurate, but because they were... guess what... long and boring.

spelling errors galore.

peace and love.

Guest imported_Tesseract

First of all, being a moderator doesnt have anything to do with you speaking your mind. Secondly, i wont see any 'historical' film that isnt historically correct for the same reason i wouldnt read a book about UFO's...if i want fiction i'll watch Lord or the rings instead of troy, read philip k dick instead of books on the bermuda triangle.

As far as jews go, you really need to get your shit straight...PEOPLE GOT FUCKIN MASS MURDERED and it aint a joke...i dont see movies about the holocaust because i cant stand the whole world feeling sorry for jews while they practice the same aggression for so many years..but thats a real argument and not a historical assumption you make out of your ass.

Originally posted by Tesseract@Nov 29 2004, 10:18 AM

After watching TROY i'm sure that alexander will have the same ammount of invalid historical references, no thanx

I didn't even watch Troy, they can both fuck off.

and DangerousArabian, if I, as a nerd, decide not to watch a film because I know it is wildly historically innacurate, I don't see why that's less valid than "duh, that there movie was too darn long".

Guest KING BLING

9th thread

Troy was fiction. aka The Illiad written by Homer. There may be historical truths but it was not a historical document and the movie was not true even to the story...

And Arabian as for the Jews, I guess I hear where your doubt comes from but it's like saying World War II didn't happen - I didn't see it so it can't be true, right? However, we don't see a movie based on Palenstine and the development of Jerusalem and for that I blame many. I will never doubt the influence of Jewish power, but it is not conspiracy, it is only the power of a radical minority combined with political correctness and government complacency <sp?>...if you want, go blow a building up, if not, make an effort to be more reasonable and logical - governments might support Israel, but many people do not and racist psycho rhetoric will only earn you a place in a white supremisists heart...

/drubknnn

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by KING BLING@Nov 29 2004, 06:33 AM

9th thread

Troy was fiction. aka The Illiad written by Homer. There may be historical truths but it was not a historical document and the movie was not true even to the story...

You got all wrong here, The Illiad is not fiction...even if you wanna count homer's writers talent as a factor that would put some fiction into the whole thing, the battle of Troy did happen and all those facts/people involved/turnout are historical elements.

Tesser/its all greek to me

Guest KING BLING

Like I said, it may have truth to it but it is not at all a true account of the events. The Gods running around in it kind of lend credibility to my argument. None the less Troy was a lame ass movie and I won't be seeing Alexander.

Guest imported_Tesseract

I can understand why you see it that way but still it aint fiction. When you read a historical book or see a movie about any nation you always have religion in it. Crusades did happen and they happened in the name of christianity, fuck pretty much every major war happened due to religious reasons to an extend. So, i may concider that jesus christ did never come to earth and that allah is an abusrd idea but that doesnt change history and the beliefs of the nations that lead them into whatever they been through one bit.

Originally posted by DangerousArabian@Nov 29 2004, 03:27 AM

^^^ I know your a moderator and all but... what are you some kind of save the whales guy?? lemme tell you something, the whales are gonners, dont watch the movie cause its boring and long, not because its historically innacurate. I myself can say that any movie on the Holocaust, which are allot and suspiciously keep winning oscars, are historically innacuirate because guess what, I dont believe 6 million jews were killed in the Holocaust, I dont believe there were even 3 million jews in Germany at that time, there probably still isnt. But I didnt see the movies ont he Holocaust, not because they were historically innacurate, but because they were... guess what... long and boring.

spelling errors galore.

peace and love.

Nothing you said made any sense. Why is not liking a movie because it's "long and boring" superior to not liking a movie because it's inaccurate? People are gonna not like shit for whatever reason; why are you worried about it?

Oh yeah, and all of those 6 million (or however many) Jews were not all from Germany. The Germans killed Jews from the other countries they occupied in Europe.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Hmmm... Why should I shun "Alexander" but not "Comandante"? It would seem Oliver Stone would treat each subject matter with the same respect, no?