Alex "Rem 311" Farrow Rest In Peace.

Cosmic Blast

I'm not the one to start threads on here, but i had to start one for Rem 311. I found out the news early this morning that he passed. Rem was the true definition of a gentleman. He was definetally a one of a kind individual. His crew "Just Having Fun" was a reflection of the man himself. He just enjoyed painting for the love it. RIP. A great loss to the graffiti community.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dude was one of the nicest most sincere graffitti writers in the game. Met him on many occasions going back to about 96, would seemed like I would bump into about twice a year after that. Rest in Paradise Rem 311 JHF COD TGF. As somebody else said and it is so true, you were old school talent without the ego..

I met Alex way back in the 80's through Cavs. We exchanged blackbooks and became friends. He put me down with JHF couple of weeks later. I hadn't seen him in years and then went back home to paint MOS NYC a few years ago. As soon as I heard his voice I turned around and said "REM" and we picked up like it was only a few days since we last saw each other rather than a few years. You will hear it from many people...He was a sincerely nice guy. I agree with Ethreadzny2, he was a true old school head with much talent without that ego..

just have fun in paradise alex...

l_900c645bff785e66671648f6ac316f5a.jpg

Hey Ghost Of Graffiti Past:

Funny. I met Rem through Cav also. Not till 98 though. I was really happy to finally meet him. Growing up in Mt Vernon Rem, and the TGF crew were legends. Jase TMC, and I used to just stare at the pieces that they would do on our school back in the 80's. I was along for the ride when Rem did his "comeback" in 98. It was the first time that he had painted since the late 80's. Rem and Cav got down on a car that night. It was hard to believe that Alex hadn't painted in 10 years. His piece was clean as could be (and he outlined with Krylon Plum on steel which can be a project in itself). It was nice to see him really get back into it, and make such a strong comeback.