Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Alcoholism

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Step8, Jun 21, 2001.

1. breakfast menu

breakfast menu Member

thanks guys. have had a bit of time to step away from it and talked to the sponsor and mostly resolved what happened. (that stuff = essential, always run your nonsense through someone else if you have the option...)

it was a bit my fault but also a terrible fit with the interviewer, who would have been my boss' boss. her and i weren't getting on at all and she hadn't reviewed my portfolio or any application materials prior to my arrival so i had to rush through them. not how i envisioned my introduction to this job, which is 10 minutes from my house and pays well (and is next to a good bench spot in my area). i'd built it up in my head to be the perfect job. but those high expectations were mine to set, and mine to fall from.

an experience like that sucks for anyone, in or out of recovery, but i'm grateful for a sober network that'll catch me when i get all up in my head.

good to see y'all. how you been @theprotester ????????

2. morton

morton Elite Member

It is a red flag that the person who would be your boss did not do the interview.

Speaking of interviews, I am off to one right now.

3. breakfast menu

breakfast menu Member

4. morton

morton Elite Member

Thanks, now I gotta decide whether to take the job or not.

5. theprotester

theprotester Moderator Crew

Nice one Mort.

@breakfast menu

I'm good mate. Reskilling at school these days. Living back in the city. Wild. No drink or drug for 14 months now.

How you tracking yourself, mate?

6. Shittles..TasteTheAsshole

Shittles..TasteTheAsshole Dirty Dozen Crew

Five years to this day I'm still alcohol free. I have not had a drop.

Can't believe i made it half a decade. :smile:

LUGR, Fist 666 and theprotester like this.
  7. theprotester

Congratulations mate. Great to hear.

Stay up

8. theprotester

9. asthma al

asthma al Veteran Member

don't drink much Bud or Coors , but I'm go and say Coors > Bud

10. theprotester

International Overdose Day today. Pour out a lemonade for those lost to the disease. RIP to so many.

Stay up y'all hope you're all doing well today.

IMG-20170831-WA0027.jpeg

11. fatbastard

fatbastard Elite Member

Preferably pink lemonade.

theprotester likes this.
  12. Kalashnikov

Kalashnikov Member

Bumping this back up since it's been a while. Definitely RIP to POZ and Swords. Never met the former in real life but the latter was the homie. Just makes it sink in how real this shit actually is, it's all fun and games at first before addiction sets in.

Glad to see the updates on here though regardless, props to those of you who are still sober and much love to everyone who is still fighting and attempting.
    The last time I posted here I was still using heroin and on methadone. I can proudly say now that I have been off both for a little over 2 years. Longest I've gone without doing drugs since I started doing drugs, definitely the longest I've been off heroin. Funny thing is, I have no desire to use anymore. Sure, I think about it some days, but it's not worth throwing away everything I've accumulated since I stopped using.

I will say though I'm not sober by NA/AA standards as I still drink, usually once or twice a week. I can't smoke weed anymore, for whatever reason the past like 5 times I tried, it just gave me panic attacks, so I said fuck it. I never really enjoyed it all that much anyways, it would always make me second guess everything I said.

I've been working, working out, that's about it. One thing I wanted to bring up was how I don't feel like I belong to the "normal" society. Like... I don't know how to really put it, kind of a strange feeling. I feel more at home with the addicts, the degenerates, whatever. Working a normal job and trying to meet healthy friends has proven tough, especially since I moved 1000 miles away. I was always good at finding other addicts, but when I meet new people (potential romantic interests especially) I just feel out of place. It doesn't help that dropping the, "I used to be a heroin addict" line on a girl I'm into is a huge bomb in itself. Anybody have thoughts or advice?

LUGR likes this.
  13. theprotester

Still think of this thread often. I'll be two years clean and sober next week and the things poz said you here gave me hope back then

14. theprotester

Who would have thought this would have been influenced so strongly by the oontz

Vast

IMG-20180211-WA0022.jpeg

IMG-20180211-WA0022.jpeg

15. Shittles..TasteTheAsshole

Shittles..TasteTheAsshole Dirty Dozen Crew

Respect man. 2 years is big time, I'll cheers to that with a double shot of espresso.

theprotester likes this.