Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Alcoholics Anonymous

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by cultural me, Nov 17, 2003.

1. cultural me

cultural me Member

word, anyone in it? wouldnt be too anonymous but i mean fuck, its the internet.

2. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

no, but i've been thinking about joining. my liver cries itself to sleep every night

3. oneeightyone

oneeightyone Senior Member

no but i think ill eventually get there, i drink at least one cup of hard liquor a day, every weekend im getting fucked up, and sometimes on mondays when i dont feel like going to my college classes on tuesday, but yea, i see a good sharp turn into a.a. lane in the future.

4. old*824

old*824 Senior Member

ive gone before. its pretty deppressing.

sitting in a room with mostly male alchoholics who are looking to god to stop drinking because of the damage done to their lifes is not really a good time.

i mean, im a asshole. i think it would be fun to sit there and laugh and make fun of them and then go binge drink. this is why i no longer attend and still drink.

i work though....so fuck it. my bills are paid. i like to drink heavily every day and its going to kill me. i dont drive drunk and dont get in fist fights so fuck it.

5. kido

kido Senior Member

^^That has born to lose written all over it.

Ive gone before

6. old*824

old*824 Senior Member

7. avils

avils Senior Member

like my homey just said to me at the weekend on this very topic -

"if i didnt drink, how would i know when i've finished work ??"

i dont know. at the moment i enjoy drinking so much that i dont see the need to stop.

8. cultural me

cultural me Member

9. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

my little cousin whom is 17 years old has been in AA for near a year and now is in a rehab, 17 fucking years old....it's actually quite sad...:(

10. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

at least HE finally decided to get help....;)

11. StIdesChurch

StIdesChurch Junior Member

my problem with AA is that they have you turn to god to help you and believe that god can get you through this. i dont know, im not big on divine intervention in every day personal shit like that. i guess it works for people b/c they can hold onto something and believe that some force is helping them, but that wouldnt work for me.

i drink every night also, its sad.

12. avils

avils Senior Member

i never heard of them using god or divine intervention to help peeps. i thought it was mainly 'strength in numbers', like a support group.

why is it sad that you drink every night ?

13. StIdesChurch

the 12 steps of AA:

1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol; that our lives had become unmanageable.
    2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
    3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
    4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
    5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
    6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
    7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
    8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
    9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
    10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
    11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
    12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

ok maybe its not all about god but especially in the first few steps it just irks me. like admistting that you are powerless to stop your alcoholism but God could help you? i dont know, i cant even imagine stopping drinking altogether but if i did it (assuming i wanted to, which i dont see) i would consider it a great accomplishment and what not.

and nah, its not sad i drink every night, i keep my head on straight and shit about things for the most part.

14. cultural me

cultural me Member

actully its mainly a higher power type of shit. can be what you want. they do use the word god alot but doesnt mean shit. its support group-ish and whatever else you make of it. my "higher power" is jsut some dude i talk to in my head and its my friends and all that shit. im actully rather young and in rehab. almost got 9 months sober. word.

15. StIdesChurch

good for you man, thats awesome.

yeah i see what you're sayin about the higher power thing. "higher power" and god are both used in the list so it seemed kinda like they were used interchangably.