alcoholic parents are the best....

seeking

so who else got to grow up in a hosehold whith an alcoholic parent? what about an alcoholic parent that didnt work and literally spent everyday for several years, drunk, surviving off a tightly rationed pittance left by a dead relative? who got cigarettes for their birthday? who got the run of the whole house because as long as you didnt drink their shit, they didnt give a fuck what you did? who got slapped just for living? yelled at in front of your friends because they couldnt find a bottle opener? who has younger siblings that grew up pretty much with no parenting, because after the divorce one of them never came around, and the other was, as previously mentioned, drunk in their bedroom? anyone ever get to quit their paper route cause they realized they could make more money by returning the empty bottles and cans that filled the kitchen, breezeway and garage? somebody must have got to spend hours driving around in the rain playing 'whats the most likely route' looking for their parent who decided to walk home from the party they no longer felt like being at? anybody been raised as much by therapists and guidance counselors as they were their parents?

anyone?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

Thats not THAT bad. Shit, it almost sounds like

a GOOD day. I could tell you MANY stories that

would have most of you in tears. You read my

'What women want pt.1" thread. That aint shit.

Stuff like that happens to almost everyone in the

hood. My grandmomma drinks dude. Shit, we feed

our siblings Budweiser instead of breast milk.

My point is, I feel your pain, but it aint half as bad as

what ALOT of other people have to go through on

a daily basis. I realized that when I visted a poorer

country than mine. I thought I had it bad. But these

kids are barefoot, selling chicklets, cmon. Some are

lil hustlers, but some are the real deal, dirt poor kids,

with a dead-end life. So guess what? IT AINT THAT

BAD. Maybe it had an effect on your social life, but

if it bothers you that much, re-evaluate your life, and

think about what I just said. Now youre over 18, and if

you are fucking up, you cant blame anyone but yourself.

Holmes.

Im out.

WEBS148

P.S. I could tell you about my problemas, and life

but I dont want to make you cry. :(

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

Originally posted by MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

…I have gotten cigarettes for my birthday.

Hmmm…kinda reminds me of 'The Breakfast Club'?

"Smoke Up Johnny!"

my friends parents are drunk 24/7 and they let him break teh law whenever he wants...they tell him to go out and do graff...tell him to run from cops, tell him what to say to cops, and his dad told me a story about how he pissed on a cop before and got arrested

"alcoholism" is not an inability to hold your liquor so to speak, it is a chemical and psychological condition. its been found that 'alcoholics' tend to break down the components of alcohol differently from those that are not considered 'alcoholics.' obviously its not an exact science, and the lines get fairly blurry, but your mom acting like a moron has nothing to do with the length and amount she drinks. infact, most 'serious' alcoholics are the ones that can hold it, that you dont necessarily notice as having a problem. the ones that dance with lamp shades on their head usually only suffer from a severe case of the 'dumb as fucks.'

Originally posted by cmeup

i got one question though?

when you drink, and drink alot....and for a long time, arent you suppost to get better at holding that shit and growing a tolerance for it

that actually is only true part of the time, when an alcoholic truly 'rounds the bend' their tolerance decreases significantly... as the body and the kidneys reject the alcohol and process it much slower... this is why the classic street bum often can afford only 2 or 3 bottles of wine a week but they are still always hammered...

Guest MR BOJANGLES
Originally posted by seeking innocence

so who else got to grow up in a hosehold whith an alcoholic parent? what about an alcoholic parent that didnt work and literally spent everyday for several years, drunk, surviving off a tightly rationed pittance left by a dead relative? who got cigarettes for their birthday? who got the run of the whole house because as long as you didnt drink their shit, they didnt give a fuck what you did? who got slapped just for living? yelled at in front of your friends because they couldnt find a bottle opener? who has younger siblings that grew up pretty much with no parenting, because after the divorce one of them never came around, and the other was, as previously mentioned, drunk in their bedroom? anyone ever get to quit their paper route cause they realized they could make more money by returning the empty bottles and cans that filled the kitchen, breezeway and garage? somebody must have got to spend hours driving around in the rain playing 'whats the most likely route' looking for their parent who decided to walk home from the party they no longer felt like being at? anybody been raised as much by therapists and guidance counselors as they were their parents?

anyone?

i did

Guest HESHIANDET
Originally posted by Smart

that actually is only true part of the time, when an alcoholic truly 'rounds the bend' their tolerance decreases significantly... as the body and the kidneys reject the alcohol and process it much slower... this is why the classic street bum often can afford only 2 or 3 bottles of wine a week but they are still always hammered...

damnit im trying to get there in a hurry!!!

sorry, just making light.

your moms problem isnt that she cant drink alot, its that she cant drink alot and not act like a fucking retard (no offense.) technicly, that would pretty much catagorize her as an alcoholic to some degree. an inability to control yourself when drunk is a pretty cut and dried sign. which means if you only drink twice a year, but each time you start fights, break shit and get completely out of hand, you still have a problem. as far as your mom drinking forever and still acting like that, hey, i dont know what to tell you, she needs a bit of therapy to excercise those demons of hers.... i would assume that she manifests that same belligerence in other manners as well.

understand i wasnt trying to put your mom down personaly, obviously i dont know anything about her, just trying to explain the situation as simply as possible...

Originally posted by seeking innocence

anyone?

wow if i didn't know better i would have thought you were describing a certian person in my family.

My mom and I just basically ended our "relationship" two days after christmas..Have you ever met a person..who can act normal..and the next second..thier eyes literally change..and you can see the insaneness in them? the dark corners they krept fromm growing up..that they were constantly shoving you into? Im not an expert on alcoholic parents..but I know a few of the ones who let their fists fly...My big question seeking is...arent you happy you can sit back and relise..this is not..what your goal is to be? Winter in general is hard..so much reflection...and a shit load of gil scott heron albums.....but man..im just so thankful..Im not blind to the patterns of family..seems like abuse is bred..and every blue moon..one child is born..and they are so determined to break that pattern..so next time you come on 12 oz..talking about waking up in the morning with a pistol on your keyboard..with no memory of how it got there.....etc etc...

Guest GorbortOrman

I lost my mom when I was 12.

I ended me and my father's relationship when I was 15, moved out the house and then skipped town 4 monthes later.

My whole entire family thinks I'm a fuck up.(except by sister)

I have lived with family friends for the last 2 years before I turned 18. Livin on my own since... fuck the bullshit.

yeah silo, i know the apple doesnt fall far from the tree, thats why im sober (again.)

honestly though, i didnt post this so people could show support for me, its appreciated, but i dont need it. ive spent the greater part of my life living in it, its old news at this point. my goal was simply to start an open, honest, discussion about the things we experience as children and how it effects us later in life. i kind of just wanted people to take a second and think about it, even if they didnt post or have anything to add....

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Shit, I can't wait till I'm sober enougn to talk about my parents, who drink and smoke even harder than I do. It's pure pleasure, I tell you, but I'm waaaaay too fucked up to tell you about it. Beer,

El Mamerro

It's taken me a long time to think about what I wanted to post here, and I still don't think it's quite right but here goes.

First of all to Seeking and all the others who were raised in less than acceptable circumstances: That sucks the big one. I feel for you and hope that you will take that knowledge to heart and use it to make you stronger.

I see what the point of this thread is and it is a very good topic that we should be able to have a worthwhile discussion over. Let me see if I can focus a little with a few pointed questions.

1) Briefly what was/is your childhood like?

2) Has it affected how you are now? Please let us know how old you are now because this has bearing.

3) How do you think it will affect your children?

I will come back with my information in a minute.

Archived