Akima LLC now getting the finger

Ko SprueOne

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Hang on a minute, she wasn't on work time, she didn't show her face, she had nothing on her clothing that identified the company and when she posted the pic on her FB there was no mention of Akima on that webpage or her whole FB. She told her bosses out of courtesy and transparency.

6 months earlier she, as part of her responsibility at that company, had pointed out that another member of that org had been abusing another person as a "fucking Libtard asshole" with clear connections to his role at Akiba and the company itself. He was not disciplined in any way similar to this woman and still works at the company.

I can't recall which news site I got that from but I don't read clickbait sites and understand what is and isn't an authoritative source. Not to say that the above is 100% accurate but it is accurate to how I read it from WaPo, Reuters or some other similar broadsheet or wire website.

So you think that your actions outside of work, when still within the law and not in any way connected to your work (as in no logos, no connection from your FB, etc), can be morally judged by your boss and used as a reason to determine your employment?

I'm using this example above as a case in point. Her actions were not connected to her job in any way yet you still think her actions can impact her employment. I'm keen to know why, as an employer yourself, you feel that way.

I read only 2 articles covering this.

" ... she told her employer that she was the unidentified cyclist in the photo… " = ERROR #1

" ... on her personal social-media accounts — where she wordlessly posted the photo without identifying herself … " = ERROR #2

If she had not done those two things, she would have kept her job.

We may be talking cross purposes:

Do someting idiotic (like those tools hasling that other tool Dastyari) where your behaviour can be directly linked to your employer and yes, you are causing harm to your employer.

Do something idioting without any logos/company names, without posting it on your social media where you identify your employer and do that dumb shit in your own time and away from work - it has nothing to do with your employer and having your work terminated is an intrusion into your private life.

Taking that Akima case it was the COMPANY'S actions that harmed the company. If they hadn't have sacked her nobody would have known of any connection to Akima. She had no logos, was not on company time, was not on company property and her FB did not link to her employer. The only way people knew of that link was the news item about Akima sacking her. Bad decision making on behalf of the company and an intrusion into her private life.

Bad decision making I guess in hindsight. But also she's known for 6 months that the company she works for either doesn't align with her political views or doesn't care about her opinion, sounds more like the company did her a favour and now she can live a more spiritually congruent existence on unemployment benefits.

I think we largely agree here but maybe we're a bit apart on what constitutes an intrusion into her personal life. I work for a company these days and had to sign essentially a waver stating anything I do anywhere is reasonable to expect it is a reflection on where I work, this includes social media etc. I was shocked when I first saw the document and had to swallow hard as I signed my life over. Not that I have a social media presence but in principal I was upset at the idea that my thoughts are monitored whether it relates to work or not.

I work for a super leftist organisation.

• Props 1

YEah, I'd find that pretty unacceptable myself.

An it's funny how the extremes of left and right become more alike each other the more extreme they get. I mean Mussolini and Stalin or Mao and Hitler were at opposite ends of the political spectrum but the outcomes on their populations were relatively similar; authoritarianism, war, massacres, fear, etc.

• 1 year later...

Disturbing the peace and free speech don't go hand in hand.

I am an advocate for free speech.  There is no safe place when I'm talking for people to hide.  I'll say whatever I want.  The difference is, my employer won't know about it because I'm not stupid enough to do it in public.... on tv.

The employer, in a right to work state, can fire you because "fuck you" if they want.  It's that simple.  If I owned a business and found out my employee was engaging in distasteful behavior, even outside of the work place/hours.... you bet your ass I'd have them looking for another job.  Agree to disagree I guess.  Nobody is owed a job, you could lose it at any time.  It's best to conduct yourself with dignity when people you don't want to see you're big fat unkempt crusty vagina could be watching.... including your employer.

I say, bai bitch.

On 11/9/2017 at 9:36 PM, theprotester said:

Bad decision making I guess in hindsight. But also she's known for 6 months that the company she works for either doesn't align with her political views or doesn't care about her opinion, sounds more like the company did her a favour and now she can live a more spiritually congruent existence on unemployment benefits.

I think we largely agree here but maybe we're a bit apart on what constitutes an intrusion into her personal life. I work for a company these days and had to sign essentially a waver stating anything I do anywhere is reasonable to expect it is a reflection on where I work, this includes social media etc. I was shocked when I first saw the document and had to swallow hard as I signed my life over. Not that I have a social media presence but in principal I was upset at the idea that my thoughts are monitored whether it relates to work or not.

I work for a super leftist organisation.

Good on you for having a professional job.  Most professional jobs don't want their employees that could be tied back to them doing anything polarizing in public, so I completely understand.  It's an agreement to get paid for not doing things that could reflect negatively on the company.

Basically, if they had allowed the middle finger girl to continue working for them, someone on social media would oust them as supporting her side of the politics.  ANY company is happy  to distance themselves from polarizing stuff.  It's not about what's legal to do, she can have her free speech.... she just has to pay the price for it.... which is punishment when it's used for bad purposes.  Flipping off the president was using "free speech" for a "bad purpose".  She could have just used her brain, had some dignity, and still had a paycheck.

I bet she had no 401k or savings either... probably starting a gofundme now lol.

"Hers fwipped teh pwezident off, willwy tot him a lesson, now hers got no money and no fwens.  Hers not wike dat."

Disturbing the peace?

Wow, that's a pretty authoritarian response to some one simply raising a finger!

The only reason this was tied back to her company was because they sacked her. If they'd done nothing about it nobody would be any the wiser. Sounds like a backfire for a shitty decision to me.

• Truth 1

I don't see how anyone can justify being tasteless.  Even if I don't like someone I wouldn't flip them off in public.  It's a pussy move IMO to flip someone off if you don't intend to do anything about it.  This isn't about "raising a finger" either.... this is about "raising THE finger."  She had 4 other options to raise and she chose to be tasteless.  I bet she feels super good about exercising her right to free speech, and as she should.  Nobody brought any legal harm against her.  Remember the employer doesn't owe her a job, that's SUPER key here.

All bark, no bite.  I'm glad the employer did the right thing.  You can try to label me with a political name but the point is, the employer protected their ass in a world that has an existing "cancel culture."  Fuck yeah she's outta there.  Don't let the door hit you in the snatch on the way  out.

Getting fired for flipping off someone is cancel culture. You’re just salty because it’s your dude that got flipped off. If a grown ass man cant handle someone flipping then off, they’re the pussy. 

If that was a good ol boy on a horse flipping off a Democrat would you be singing the same tune or would you be laughing? My guess is the latter.

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Like 1
  • Pause 1
  • Truth 1

Also, this isn't about "not being able to handle being flipped off."  If your intention is to tell me "fuck you" then you're requesting that I make you gargle your teeth in blood.  It's a threat and people should watch their mouths in public if they like their smile.  It's pretty simple.  Keyboard cowboys be wildin' though.

Just because I think it's deplorable that someone would choose to act in such a manner doesn't equate with "can't handle it."  You're projecting the emotional instability of the left onto everyone else, and it's just not the case that everyone else thinks the same way.

I wouldn't expect someone with morals (a conservative) to wage a useless war using a middle finger.  There are many other avenues to pursue to voice your disdain for a certain political figure that would preserve your dignity (and job lol).

I've lost all sense of hope that the left has any dignity or morals.  They think "eye for an eye" and flipping people of is "ok" "if you can 'handle' it".  Lol.

I wonder how many recruiters are beating down this woman's door now that she's back "on the market".  I'd bet money that she's single too.  How can you keep anyone happy if you're not happy with yourself?

I encourage you guys that like using the middle finger to try it out in public, and not while you're in a car.... like do it to someone on the street, or in their face.  Please report back and let us know how it works out and what the results were.

Bonus, if you try it at work on a coworker or your boss.  Slightly less bonus if you do it to someone within view of a coworker or boss that you didn't know was watching.

EXTRA HUGE bonus if you're willing to go head first into getting fired over flipping someone off.  Please let me know if this happens and I will send you all of my gratitude and a little bit of dignity to restore what little tiny bit you had before you lost it.

Make sure that you tell whoever you do this to that you're just exercising your right to free speech and that they shouldn't infringe on you doing so.

I dunno if you're a demorat or not.  I don't think I've labeled anyone specifically.  I would say that it seems like you side with a lot of the demorat type thinking though.  Of course, that doesn't make you one.  The only way you are one is if you say you are and you vote that way.  I have no idea what you say you are, or how you vote, but I do know how you think because you've displayed it openly here for all of us to see.