AIWA'S CURSE

seven.13

My friend Maria moved away a year ago and gave me her 2 month old stereo because it was Euro voltage and she was moving to Pittsburg. Pittsburg isn't in Europe. She wasn't able to sell it to anyone for some reason.

TT and I put it in his apartment last summer when he moved here, shortly thereafter we were evicted, (along with our dear friend Tim) for playing music too loud.

I tried to sell the cursed thing but it just didnt happen. Finally, a year later a couple of nice Asian ladies came over to buy it.

I plugged it in showed them that the CD Player worked, the Radio worked and then the tape deck procceded to eat my little sister's ' Monica and Brandy" tape. Then it just broke all together and made mournful clicking noises.

I managed to get the tape deck open, and now it won't close. The ladies just werent interested anymore and left.

And I'm out of 200 Euros.

ARGHHHHHH

http://www.moabhappenings.com/images/dinosaur%20museum.jpg'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

here's the scoop.

Cycles per Second

in North America the power cycles at 60 hertz and in Europe it's 50.

Because of that any motors or pumps run at an odd speed. That's why

the radio will work, and maybe the CD player, but not the tape.

Because of that issue I ended up with a $500 espresso machine

that my pops cant use where he is.

ya!

Originally posted by Kilo7-

here's the scoop.

Cycles per Second

in North America the power cycles at 60 hertz and in Europe it's 50.

Because of that any motors or pumps run at an odd speed. That's why

the radio will work, and maybe the CD player, but not the tape.

Because of that issue I ended up with a $500 espresso machine

that my pops cant use where he is.

ya!

Learn something new every day...

isnt that what converters are for?

i had problems the last time i went to europe and almost burnt out my minidisc player.

i burnt my palmpilot charger though

so i reprepped for another trip i was making and got a sony univeral charger. of course you still have to get plug converters but it regulates the voltage no matter where you are on earth.

..personally im pretty sony oriented partially because alot of companys buy low grade sony knockoffs and put them in their products.

bring that shit here.

well take it out to a field and smash it like on office space.

remeber, that thing isnt so cursed. why else would i have lived in a room with six people for a year?

yup. thought so.

where would have so many of our friends have slept if it wasnt for that piece of fucking garbage.

first and last AIWA I had was a gift from my parents when I was a kid, after a year or so it stopped playing cd's, after two years it didnt play a damn thing period. So needless to say I never buy AIWA.

sucks to be outta 200 Euros. Im sure you can find someone to buy it for some sort of money.

Guest imported_Europe

Whoever called Bang & Olufsen was on the design tip, beautiful products... Goes well with Versace, wonk saggin...