Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Airbrush?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by shameless self promotion, Sep 4, 2005.

1. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

Buddy of mine I play hockey with wants me to paint his mask, and acouple of people have mentioned I shoud paint their motorcycles.
    Does anyone on here airbrush? I have never really messed around with one, so Im not exactly sure what equipment to use and etc. I know somebody here has experience with this shit. Im looking to see if this could be a possible extra source of income.
    I searched on google and found alot of stuff, but I would like to see what people on here think compared to using spray cans.

2. maus1985

maus1985 New Jack

once you get the technique down, its all about practice, airbrushing is pretty fun and not all the difficult to create some decent pieces with

the equipment is kind of pricey, i messed around with the propel cans for a while, but in the long run, buying an air compressor becomes more cost efficient,

if you can get good at it, the possibilities for supplemental income are endless

good luck

3. Suicide Bomber

Suicide Bomber Member

I seen a show on this one artist who painted peoples bodys... it was awsome.

4. rental

rental Dirty Dozen Crew

body painting with airbrush is soooo fucking fun...even when using the paint thats not for skin...

look in the bear air catalog. for solvent based paint(like for motorcycles and whatnot), you need to get special seals and shit for the hoses. teflon seals, i think, which bear air will probably install for free when you order them. and, of course, get the solvent based paint. but its probably cheaper to practice with the water based paint first. these work with the regular seals and teflon ones. and then theres another kind of paint for doing shirts and shit, if you so desire. i would suggest getting the compressor. theres really no way around it.

so your basic gear is airbrush, hoses, paint, compressor. you can get starter kits and shit.

5. THANKYOU

THANKYOU Elite Member

from my short lived experience with airbrushing, its all about the equipment in the beginning. without a good compressor and other tools for the job, its extremely hard.

the other thing that is hard is getting down the mixtures for the paint.

6. Dawood

Dawood Elite Member

I used to airbrush back in the day, I would definately say, get a compressor, a small one will do fine. get a badger or a pasche if you can. You can get them at michaels and as far as painting helets and stuff you don't want to use anything less than automotive paint for that. House of Kolor is one of the best , but expensive. Play around with techniques , but if you need more help, pm me and I will give you my email address

7. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

My friend recently bought a paasche airbrush/compressor set, it cost him about $300, its more than decent. In fact its pretty damn good.

8. __ __ __ __

__ __ __ __ Elite Member

HONESTLY.. JUST GO ON EBAY AND GET A KIT... U GET UR MONEYS WORTH... My friend has bought 2.... i dunno why he bought 2 but he did... and he got it down pretty quick..

9. rental

rental Dirty Dozen Crew

with the water based paint, i think youre supposed to just layer shit most of the time.

10. TheNyceOne

TheNyceOne New Jack

made dough off airbrushin this guys spoiler/ wing for his whip, couple hundred actually and it only took a day to do...peep the pix
    Iwata airbrush/ Auto Air Paints. Get at me if you have any questions...peace

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  11. TheNyceOne

TheNyceOne New Jack

12. TheNyceOne

TheNyceOne New Jack

13. ShortFuse

ShortFuse Elite Member

Ive always been told I should airbrush. I think of crappy 80s or 90s T shirts with the back all painted up or some spare tire cover when I think air brush. Never appealed to me but I did a get a good exposure to it with a chick I used to work with. Her husband was very good with airbrush and helped shed some light on the situation. Ive just never had the monies.

14. Hayabusa

Hayabusa Veteran Member

check out the airbrush thread in untitled...

15. Brickos

Brickos Dirty Dozen Crew

No "air brush" talk in Ch0...