1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Airbrush Troubles

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by retard, Dec 26, 2002.

1. retard

retard 12oz Member

Airbrush Troubles

Discussion started by retard - Dec 26, 2002

I bought an airbrush and I'm having a few problems the main one being that when I depress the trigger paint comes out and if Im not mistaken only air is supposed to come out

Im just looking for some help I figured someone on here must have an airbrush

Thanks.

retard - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. imported_El Mamerro - Replied Dec 26, 2002

Is it a double or single-action?

If it's a double, check that your needle is pushed snugly all the way to the front and tightened. If it came lose, that means that when you pull the trigger back and then let go, the needle stays behind and doesn't come back up to the front to block the paint. Beer,

El Mamerro

3. retard

retard 12oz Member

retard - Replied Dec 26, 2002

its double action and the thing is im pretty sure everything is tight, the guy at the shop and the instructions say to use your hand to tighten the parts of the actual airbrush..how fragile are the parts exactly because maybe it is loose,also i have to tighten the nut in the back to tighten the needle right? just for information sake it's an iwata eclipse.

hey thanks alot i think we have mutual friends mamerro.

4. fr8oholic

fr8oholic 12oz Veteran Member

fr8oholic - Replied Dec 26, 2002

push the needle all the way into the brush and tighten that nut on the back

fr8oholic - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  5. retard

retard 12oz Member

thanks again for the help guys im going to try it again

thanks!

6. retard

retard 12oz Member

okay so i suppose im just stupid but i pushed the needle forward it was back a little bit then i made sure everything was tight and it still sprays fluid when i initially depress the trigger, im using cleaning fluid to test it so i dont have to clean it over and over agian...

sorry if i get annoying but i truely appreciate the help.

7. fr8oholic

fr8oholic 12oz Veteran Member

fr8oholic - Replied Dec 26, 2002

they needle should seal at the tip of the brush. take off the nose cap and check that it's not bent or inhibited from pushing all the way in. do you have the trigger assembly in correct? that used to fuck me up all the time too on iwata's

fr8oholic - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  8. imported_El Mamerro - Replied Dec 26, 2002

Yeah, airbrushes are pretty fragile, especially the needle... that shit will bend on you like nobody's business. Your hand should be enough to tighten it, but as time passes with your airbrush, you'll find yourself reaching for the pliers often. This is a slippery slope, and the reason why my airbrushes are all shitty.

Make sure the little nozzle inside the tip of the airbrush is screwed in tight, and put some beeswax on the threads to make them airtight. If doing that and tightening the back nut don't work, go back to the store and have a technicin look at it. It could be a broken seal. Beer,

El Mamerro

PS: Who would our mutual friends be?

9. retard

retard 12oz Member

yeah its definitely the airbrush i took it apart and a seal thing is missing i think its this little ringlet i sppose thats why it cant tighten all the way so i guess im going to have to have it serviced before i ve even used it.

thanks alot for the help though fellas its much appreciated.

and mamerro drop me an email at gtandthesuctioncups@hotmail.com to talk about friends id rather not do it here.

Thanks

10. imported_El Mamerro - Replied Dec 26, 2002

True that, niggario. Probably the little white O-ring, that shit's crucial. Check your e-mail soon. Beer,

El Mamerro