Airbrush Troubles

retard

I bought an airbrush and I'm having a few problems the main one being that when I depress the trigger paint comes out and if Im not mistaken only air is supposed to come out

Im just looking for some help I figured someone on here must have an airbrush

Thanks.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

Is it a double or single-action?

If it's a double, check that your needle is pushed snugly all the way to the front and tightened. If it came lose, that means that when you pull the trigger back and then let go, the needle stays behind and doesn't come back up to the front to block the paint. Beer,

El Mamerro

its double action and the thing is im pretty sure everything is tight, the guy at the shop and the instructions say to use your hand to tighten the parts of the actual airbrush..how fragile are the parts exactly because maybe it is loose,also i have to tighten the nut in the back to tighten the needle right? just for information sake it's an iwata eclipse.

hey thanks alot i think we have mutual friends mamerro.

Originally posted by retard

its double action and the thing is im pretty sure everything is tight, the guy at the shop and the instructions say to use your hand to tighten the parts of the actual airbrush..how fragile are the parts exactly because maybe it is loose,also i have to tighten the nut in the back to tighten the needle right? just for information sake it's an iwata eclipse.

hey thanks alot i think we have mutual friends mamerro.

push the needle all the way into the brush and tighten that nut on the back

okay so i suppose im just stupid but i pushed the needle forward it was back a little bit then i made sure everything was tight and it still sprays fluid when i initially depress the trigger, im using cleaning fluid to test it so i dont have to clean it over and over agian...

sorry if i get annoying but i truely appreciate the help.

Yeah, airbrushes are pretty fragile, especially the needle... that shit will bend on you like nobody's business. Your hand should be enough to tighten it, but as time passes with your airbrush, you'll find yourself reaching for the pliers often. This is a slippery slope, and the reason why my airbrushes are all shitty.

Make sure the little nozzle inside the tip of the airbrush is screwed in tight, and put some beeswax on the threads to make them airtight. If doing that and tightening the back nut don't work, go back to the store and have a technicin look at it. It could be a broken seal. Beer,

El Mamerro

PS: Who would our mutual friends be?

yeah its definitely the airbrush i took it apart and a seal thing is missing i think its this little ringlet i sppose thats why it cant tighten all the way so i guess im going to have to have it serviced before i ve even used it.

thanks alot for the help though fellas its much appreciated.

and mamerro drop me an email at gtandthesuctioncups@hotmail.com to talk about friends id rather not do it here.

Thanks

True that, niggario. Probably the little white O-ring, that shit's crucial. Check your e-mail soon. Beer,

El Mamerro

Archived