Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Airbrush questions

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by Hitch14, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Hitch14

Hitch14 New Jack

Hey guys I have a question. My parents and family have been asking what i want for Christmas and I was either considering an airbrush or a set of Prismacolor markers. My ? is are airbrush machines worth it for drawing on paper/canvas or whatever and doing graffiti on paper type material? Which would you pick

2. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

id go with the airbrush

3. beardofzeus

beardofzeus Member

An airbrush would be a lot harder to "obtain" than markers. So go with the airbrush.

Also, there are better markers than prismas....copics for example. They are refillable, you can mix your own colors up, annnnndddd they have a kit to convert the markers into an airbrush as well. Very pricey though.

4. LEFTone

LEFTone Member

well im guessing you are under 12 if they are asking what you want for christmas

but id go with prismas because i have an airbrush and it is a pain in the ass cuz you have to clean it after every color

5. STREETasmyCanvas

STREETasmyCanvas New Jack

steal the fucking prismas...

duh

6. xdontsleepx

xdontsleepx New Jack

with an airbrush you can paint shoes. if you are into that.

7. 5iveDee

5iveDee Member

how much are airbrushes? Like decent ones. Can some one make some recomendations, Im thinking about buying one after I get a job.

8. when you buy an airbrush its more than just an airbrush. you need paints, air hoses, a compressor or aerosol cans filled with compressed air. its a very expensive and messy tool.

however, some brands... Badger, Paasche. Badger's are good to learn on, Paasche's seem to be for more detailed work, though you can get most of the same effects from Badger, and if memory serves correct, Badger costs a bit less generally.
    check out google for prices, search those brands or "airbrush" or something.

9. Flavicon

Flavicon Senior Member

Don't get the air brush

Chances are it'll just collect dust after one use.

Get some Trias!!

Thats what my GF is gettin me

( I'm old as fuck and I still sneak around to see what I'm getting for Christmas)

10. xdontsleepx

xdontsleepx New Jack

haha thats awesome.

11. graffkid15

graffkid15 New Jack

get an air brush, and with an air brush you can make money like,doing peoples shoes and tee shirts...prismas you cant,only good for sketch books,and some good co. are badger,iwata.but your gonna end up gettin cheap one first,cause your parents arent gonna buy you a 300 dollar brush unless you used em before

12. midas_ups

midas_ups Junior Member

My grandparents ask my parents wat they want for christmas, my parents ask me wat i want, and i aint no where near 12.

13. Hitch14

Hitch14 New Jack

yeah I dont know. This is a hard choice and im egtting mixed answers haha. Is it really that bad to clean and shit? yeah i realize I would need a compressor and everything. I was looking into an IWATA airbrush, are those good?

14. Flavicon

Flavicon Senior Member

15. folgers

folgers New Jack

thats the correct response my friend